Who will win: Vidor or Nederland?

Your Prediction of the game. Analysis welcomed.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Your Prediction of the game. Analysis welcomed.

• Nederland
    • Vidor

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1239083" timestamp="1343076405"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=101165.msg1238803#msg1238803 date=1343005710]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=101165.msg1238771#msg1238771 date=1342994535]
I love how we are still a month and a half away from from the start of Friday Night Football and the Ned fans have them winning the district opener at [u]PIRATE STADIUM[/u] by "as much as they want"  Fellas it is simple, it may be the blowout that you are predicting.  I highly doubt it, but it could happen. 

Ned will be strong and no one is questioning that, but Vidor has plenty coming back from a team that went three rounds deep and was one drive away from beating Ned last year and winning the district championship.  Keep the crazy predictions coming, it will make victory so much sweeter for those Mighty Pirates!
[/quote]
Don't worry VHS ! Nederland fans are obviously worried about the Vidor game.
If I remember correctly Nederland had to come back to barely beat Vidor last year . Vidors starting TB went out on the second play of the game and Quirante got hurt .

Vidor wins this one @ home !
[/quote]

Vidor fans have made this point several times, but people fail to realize that Nederland had several players out that game as well. It's not like Vidor drove up and down the field either, the Nederland offense basically gave Vidor 7 points. But these are ALL part of a football game. Injuries, turnovers, it happens. Vidor gave Nederland a great game last year, but Nederland won, end of story. This is a thread about predicting who is going to win THIS year. If you think Vidor is going to win 98-0 then you have every right to predict that.

and p.s. I am not really sure why Vidor hates Nederland either. We already have our rival..
[/quote]
Don't act all high and mighty go dogs and act like yall ain't bringing it up just as much as we are. And Yes yall did have players that were out but they weren't players that were 2nd in district in rushing yards.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1239083" timestamp="1343076405"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=101165.msg1238803#msg1238803 date=1343005710]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=101165.msg1238771#msg1238771 date=1342994535]
I love how we are still a month and a half away from from the start of Friday Night Football and the Ned fans have them winning the district opener at [u]PIRATE STADIUM[/u] by "as much as they want"  Fellas it is simple, it may be the blowout that you are predicting.  I highly doubt it, but it could happen. 

Ned will be strong and no one is questioning that, but Vidor has plenty coming back from a team that went three rounds deep and was one drive away from beating Ned last year and winning the district championship.  Keep the crazy predictions coming, it will make victory so much sweeter for those Mighty Pirates!
[/quote]
Don't worry VHS ! Nederland fans are obviously worried about the Vidor game.
If I remember correctly Nederland had to come back to barely beat Vidor last year . Vidors starting TB went out on the second play of the game and Quirante got hurt .

Vidor wins this one @ home !
[/quote]

Vidor fans have made this point several times, but people fail to realize that Nederland had several players out that game as well. It's not like Vidor drove up and down the field either, the Nederland offense basically gave Vidor 7 points. But these are ALL part of a football game. Injuries, turnovers, it happens. Vidor gave Nederland a great game last year, but Nederland won, end of story. This is a thread about predicting who is going to win THIS year. If you think Vidor is going to win 98-0 then you have every right to predict that.

and p.s. I am not really sure why Vidor hates Nederland either. We already have our rival..
[/quote]
Don't act all high and mighty go dogs and act like yall ain't bringing it up just as much as we are. And Yes yall did have players that were out but they weren't players that were 2nd in district in rushing yards.

And if yall "gave" us 7 points in the game then we "gave" yall that 4th down catch.  ::)

smh...

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1239143" timestamp="1343087857"]

And if yall "gave" us 7 points in the game then we "gave" yall that 4th down catch.  ::)

smh...
[/quote]

Not taking anything away from Vidor, they played us tougher than I expected. But even a fool can see that 4th down play was all about who wanted it more, and on that play, the Nederland receiver wanted it more. There were several Vidor defenders all around the football. Of course luck played a part also, but at any rate, I wish the Pirates the best of luck. It's a much more exciting district when the Pirates are relevant. And I hope they make some noise in the playoffs again..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1239182" timestamp="1343095148"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=101165.msg1239143#msg1239143 date=1343087857]

smh...
[/quote]

Not taking anything away from Vidor, they played us tougher than I expected. But even a fool can see that 4th down play was all about who wanted it more, and on that play, the Nederland receiver wanted it more. There were several Vidor defenders all around the football. Of course luck played a part also, but at any rate, I wish the Pirates the best of luck. It's a much more exciting district when the Pirates are relevant. And[b] I hope they make some noise in the playoffs again..[/b][/quote]That would mean back to back playoffs and playoff wins hard to beleive because their not due to win a playoff game for another 40 years. ;D

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="1239189" timestamp="1343096328"]
Nederland better team on paper, but Vidor is a better team on the field. The Vidor offense wears that great Nederland defense down and put the game away early in the 4th.
Vidor 28 Nederland 17
[/quote]

You are absolutely crazy if you think vidor will put more then 2 TDs on Nederland's D.
Vidor's strength is running the ball and Nederland's defense's strength is stopping the run.
Not to even mention that Nederland's front seven is perhaps the best in SETX  and it is comprised of 4 seniors and three juniors.
It will be a close game but  Nederland's D wins this one.

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1239186" timestamp="1343095872"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=101165.msg1239182#msg1239182 date=1343095148]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=101165.msg1239143#msg1239143 date=1343087857]

smh...
[/quote]

Not taking anything away from Vidor, they played us tougher than I expected. But even a fool can see that 4th down play was all about who wanted it more, and on that play, the Nederland receiver wanted it more. There were several Vidor defenders all around the football. Of course luck played a part also, but at any rate, I wish the Pirates the best of luck. It's a much more exciting district when the Pirates are relevant. And[b] I hope they make some noise in the playoffs again..[/b][/quote]That would mean back to back playoffs and playoff wins hard to beleive because [b]their not due to win a playoff game for another 40 years[/b]. ;D
[/quote]
I wonder what yall's new line is gonna be when we make the playoffs this year.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1239182" timestamp="1343095148"]

smh...
[/quote]

Not taking anything away from Vidor, they played us tougher than I expected. But even a fool can see that 4th down play was all about who wanted it more, and on that play, the Nederland receiver wanted it more. There were several Vidor defenders all around the football. Of course luck played a part also, but at any rate, I wish the Pirates the best of luck. It's a much more exciting district when the Pirates are relevant. And I hope they make some noise in the playoffs again..
[/quote]
Thank you. I wish the same for you. Looking forward to a great game.

[quote name="DogsDLine" post="1239212" timestamp="1343103607"]
[quote author=bigtank_77705 link=topic=101165.msg1239189#msg1239189 date=1343096328]
Nederland better team on paper, but Vidor is a better team on the field. The Vidor offense wears that great Nederland defense down and put the game away early in the 4th.
Vidor 28 Nederland 17
[/quote]

You are absolutely crazy if you think vidor will put more then 2 TDs on Nederland's D.
Vidor's strength is running the ball and Nederland's defense's strength is stopping the run.
Not to even mention that Nederland's front seven is perhaps the best in SETX  and it is comprised of 4 seniors and three juniors.
[/quote]
ok, i'll fix it
Vidor 14 Nederland 3

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="1240418" timestamp="1343442831"]
[quote author=DogsDLine link=topic=101165.msg1239212#msg1239212 date=1343103607]
[quote author=bigtank_77705 link=topic=101165.msg1239189#msg1239189 date=1343096328]
Vidor 28 Nederland 17
[/quote]

[/quote]
ok, i'll fix it
Vidor 14 Nederland 3
[/quote

ill give you that one because you were clever. ;D

This will be a 3 point game, there are few tests Nederland will face this year like going to Vidor for the district opener.  Jeff Matthews gets his team ready to play Nederland like no coach in this district.  He's got that part figured out and Vidor is a Tough, Tough place to play, it don't matter how good you are.  I think Nederland has better talent and will play hard as always, but it's just a tough job to do going and winning over there, don't know what it is, but it's real.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1240562" timestamp="1343599315"]
[quote author=Holman link=topic=101165.msg1240531#msg1240531 date=1343578002]
The Dawgs sound a little too overconfident to me.

Vidor
[/quote]

That was said last year too...
[/quote]
Not really because we didn't have the hype last year that we do this year.

[quote name="Razor" post="1240604" timestamp="1343615818"]
not true, penny and a half...Vidor talked an inordinate amount of trash last year...your just off to an earlier start this season
[/quote]

That's true every year.  Most of the hype this year is the Vidor poster's making, even though everyone else is giving them kudos for a good year last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder