Burkeville Head Football Open

I am fairly sure that this will make it a clean sweep on coaches leaving Burkeville. The only person left up there is Coach Harper as A. D. but he didn't offically coach any sport last year. I think  they must be haveing problems.http://www.setxsports.com/forum/Smileys/default/cry.gif

• 3 weeks later...
What an absolute mess that this school is. For the past 4 years now this small school that is tightly nestled in the tall piney woods of East Texas has lost every single coach from its staff. Where does the problem lie? Obviously if the district is losing every single coach from the staff then there must be a problem somewhere. From what I heard the district is responsible for letting their best coaches leave that had began to turn the program around a few years back when the team actually made the playoffs. What a shame that this once proud powerhouse is now the utter and undisputed laughing stock in the entire SETX community. Just ask anyone. I am just telling it like it is sportsfans !

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="shooter" post="1233462" timestamp="1341069890"]
From what I am hearing, they have made a solid hire/recommendation and are revamping the staff with some quality additions.
[/quote]

How many "quality additions" do you suppose would want to go to BURKEVILLE, TX?  It is a stepping stone to 4A or 5A ball, right?

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1233479" timestamp="1341077835"]
[quote author=shooter link=topic=100528.msg1233462#msg1233462 date=1341069890]
From what I am hearing, they have made a solid hire/recommendation and are revamping the staff with some quality additions.
[/quote]

How many "quality additions" do you suppose would want to go to BURKEVILLE, TX?  It is a stepping stone to 4A or 5A ball, right?
[/quote]Heck it should be a good job, they won 2 state championships, 86 and 01.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233482" timestamp="1341078230"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=100528.msg1233479#msg1233479 date=1341077835]
[quote author=shooter link=topic=100528.msg1233462#msg1233462 date=1341069890]
[/quote]

[/quote]Heck it should be a good job, they won 2 state championships, 86 and 01.
[/quote]The Stangs were stout for so many years, now I'm wondering how long till they go 6 Man?  Really hard to believe.  I have heard they lost a lot of people after hurricane Rita and never recovered.  A once proud program and now how knows where it will be in a few years!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bosshog11" post="1233592" timestamp="1341176729"]
who will get this job????
[/quote]
Who cares, other than the 300+ in Burkeville?

From what I hear the problem with Burkeville is the top runs the school with personal feelings instead of running it like a business should be run. That, in turn, has ran several coaches off and told all of the available ones in the area NOT to go to Burkeville. All of my friends who are coaches (one who actually coached there) look upon Burkeville as being "the end of the Earth. Where coaches go to die" mentality. I also heard that certain families in the community are so hard to deal with that it is almost impossible to coach there. This is what I was told and seeing that the school has an incredible turnover rate when it comes to coaches, it must be true.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't necessarily think its the end of the earth. For 30 plus years they had one head coach. I personally think they have had a hard time because they have been use to it being stable. I don't know about certain family's causing problems. I think they need to allow a young coach to come in and let him have control of everything regarding football. With Harper still there it could be hard having that looking over your shoulder.  I don't have anything against the previous coaches they have hired, but it's gonna be alot of work and patience to build that program back up and I don't think the coaches they have hired were in it for the long haul.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin