png 2012 preseason

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here at the rez, first half opinion, If it were me AJ would be on the bench and the sophomore walker would be the starter, he throws a better ball and seems to move the offense better, AJ throws a wobbling wounded duck, going deep in warmups the receivers had to wait on the ball, I contribute it to waiting too long and throwing the ball way to high, he looks at one receiver and one receiver only! If he doesn't learn how to look away and progress his targets we are in a world of poo poo. But in his defense the wind is kicking alittle. Defense looks ok they do fly to the ball. More opinions to come after the outcome

Was. No score in the second half, 1st team was driving late , chipman makes a catch fumbles the ball inside the redzone. Runningbacks look ok nothing to get my hopes up on, but it was just a practice, just good enough to get the juices flowing. The fan support was less than I expected, guess they already left town for the holiday weekend, who knows?

Well nice to see some football Reservation was nice to night with the breeze. Couple of things about the Indians for those who could not make it. The future of PNG is very bright. QB Walker is the real deal you are going to be hearing his name for years to come in 20-4A get ready. Then the kid (also a freshman) Hailfen(sp) is also really good. PNG'S o-line is huge and Lamar coaching staff was there scouting 1 of them. Was left wondering about the tall QB he was inconsistant but for a 6'5" guy he runs very well. Last thing about this team was the defense was very quick and got to the ball quick making it hard to move the ball well. What about the kid number 10 maybe rose he good also. With some work PNG should be ok next season.

Walker was the better of the two last night but unfortunately we did not get to see him against the 1st team D. Wish they would have let him try a series. PNG is very lucky with the future of their team. Walker is going to be special.

Wow! Walker at the Rez last night did an outstanding job! He shocked many last night with his abilities. I love how he acted like that was "HIS FIELD" lots of leadership in that kid that i can see. He also got himself out of some problem situations and he did so very well, he stayed calm did his job. For a freshman QB to look as comfortable and calm out there as Walker did, shows hes very mature! The future of PNG looks bright!

Well I really don't think walker will get the start for next year, but with that being said AJ throwing a pick six on the third play from scrimmage isn't really what I had in mind for our starters, and hopefully isn't a prelude to come for next year. Be interesting to see how fairclothe saw the scrimmage at the QB position. Anyway looks like it will be interesting no doubt. Still think we need a lot of practice! Come on august!

The question is, do you play the senior with hardly any game experience in his career or do you play the Sophomore with over 50 games experience? The experience factor certainly showed last Friday night. I say play them both. Use Smith as a wide receiver with Chipman, Rose and Murdoch. Not many defenses could cover those four guys. You can still use Smith in the QB position when needed.

[quote name="exfactor" post="1226894" timestamp="1338314570"]
The question is, do you play the senior with hardly any game experience in his career or do you play the Sophomore with over 50 games experience? The experience factor certainly showed last Friday night. I say play them both. Use Smith as a wide receiver with Chipman, Rose and Murdoch. Not many defenses could cover those four guys. You can still use Smith in the QB position when needed.
[/quote]

You play the better player.  This isn't pop warner.  Like Herm Edwards say's, "you play to win the game" & the better QB gives you the better chance to win.

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1228015" timestamp="1338576355"]
[quote author=exfactor link=topic=99987.msg1226894#msg1226894 date=1338314570]
[/quote]

You play the better player.  This isn't pop warner.  Like Herm Edwards say's, "you play to win the game" & the better QB gives you the better chance to win.
[/quote]

Exactly Brenham Fan.  I hope PN-G has moved past the days of playing someone because of who they were born to or what year classification they are currently in.  The idea is to play the better player.  I don't see Coach Faircloth losing sight of the goal to win ball games and will play the better player.

I totally agree. It seems like PNG would/could have the best of both worlds by playing Smith at QB and receiver and Walker splitting time at QB with Smith. Smith would be on alot of college radars as a receiver. Utilize both kid's strengths.

I went to the spring game I gotta say Im impressed with the freshman kid he looked good. BUT when the smith kid walks onto the field he most certainly looks the part. He played well towards the end of the game also. I would say a big decision needs to be made but judging on Faircloths history it will be Smith. Will be watching out for this to unfold Indian fans.

I would have to put my money on AJ. He did start on JV as a QB. Remember when Doty and Miller started. They were not perfectly accurate either. AJ is following 2 very big shoes to fill. Doty and Miller. I'm sure and do know he will be at QB camps all summer and along with 7 on 7 I'm sure he will get better. I guess a great problem Faircloth has is having 2 very good QB's to use. I wouldn't slam either one. Just one heck of a good problem to have. Who knows we could see several situations were they are both on the field at the same time.

12 gage, I know those people and your comment is a lie. It should be deleted. If your outrageous comment were true how do you explain the many athletes that left HF over the last 2-3 years. Lets review: Kimler (Nederland) The Hunter brothers (Ozen), Shielder (Shelbyville), Williams (Vidor), Sturgiss (Katy), Worsham (Austin), Halfin (PNG). Doesn't look like a disagreement with coaching. Your out of line.

12 gage, you should give some serious thought before you choose to come on to this site and libel and slander people. Sounds to me like you may have some bitterness because YOUR program can't keep it's athletes. What are you doing to change that? Probably nothing. You should delete your post and apologize for your comment.

I guess we will see , all of those you wrote about were all job related, except for the hunters and they still live in fannett, and did get crossways ,with the coaching staff. You may be right , and I hope the kid does real good, he is a good one,,

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine