Who will replace Barbay In Anahuac?

Do you agree with th hire?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with th hire?

• YES
    • NO
    • WHO CARES

Cowboys1981, since you are so in tuned with George and know so much about the program, tell me why George wasn't given any more responsiblity than he had on the varsity level?? As for pissing people off to get results, what are the results you are talking about. I don't know of anything football related?? I hope the people that are making the decisions pick the best person they feel to do the job. I still stand behind my statement of, there are a several other coaches that have more experience and have coached at a higher level. They are more accomplished than the home town boy..  ;)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Panther Pride" post="1219503" timestamp="1336424549"]
Cowboys1981, since you are so in tuned with George and know so much about the program, tell me why George wasn't given any more responsiblity than he had on the varsity level?? As for pissing people off to get results, what are the results you are talking about. I don't know of anything football related?? I hope the people that are making the decisions pick the best person they feel to do the job. I still stand behind my statement of, there are a several other coaches that have more experience and have coached at a higher level. They are more accomplished than the home town boy..  ;)
[/quote]

The home town boy has been a the right hand man much more than people know.  He has been given alot of responiblity, such as the special teams the last two years and if anyone knows Darrell then you know how important he thinks that is. Also he is always given the leftovers, i.e. the runningbacks that fumble, the offensive linemen that cant think, and the screw ups(the ones that have trouble showing up to practice).  Go back pick up a film if you can coach them kids then you can coach anything. 

Besides George is the Film Coordinator, Athletic Website Master, Head Boys and Girls Powerlifting, Powerlifting Regional Director, Assitant Track, and Baseball and Softball admin/trainer on duty.  He has also done the Budget for all others sports.  George has worked for six years in Anahauc and has given all he has.  Its time to take a chance on a young good coach even if he is a HOME TOWN BOY.  John Madden was young and unproven once too.

[quote name="Panther Pride" post="1219503" timestamp="1336424549"]
[/quote]I thinkl Cowboy1981 is coach Goerge Taylor

[quote name="vaglicabfk93" post="1219483" timestamp="1336422286"]
Coach Brandon Craus from Dayton would be a GREAT head coach at Anahuac. He has been at Dayton for years and runs the offense and under his tenure Dayton has been to the playoffs every year and has had one of the most prolific offenses in not just 4A but the state. Its time for a change in Anahuac...we all know this and I dont think you could find anyone more dedicated and hungrier to get Anahuac to the promise land.
[/quote]

Again with this "time for a change" thing. Just what in the heck are you talking about? What was so wrong with what Coach Darrell Barbay did at Anahuac?

I thinkl Cowboy1981 is coach Goerge Taylor,  APanthers I think you are right on point.

This person sure knows a lot about his boy George. If he's not George, then he is a coach trying to save his job if George gets hired!! Besides I heard Birdwell was his right hand man. The reason George has done all the other stuff is not because he is such a great person. It because one, no body else wants to do it, two its call getting a STIPEND!!!! One thing you can say about Barbay, he took care of his coaches and helped them out when ever he could in many different ways..

Cowboy1981, have a little class about yourself and not call out kids who you feel were either hard to coach or not the "perfect football player", that's rude.. Every programs has that. How about you call out coaches that can't coach, the coaches that are only in Anahuac because they can't find another job else where. As for your John Madden reference, that's comparing apples to oranges, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a cowboy fan...

[quote name="Panther Pride" post="1219715" timestamp="1336493514"]

I thinkl Cowboy1981 is coach Goerge Taylor,  APanthers I think you are right on point.

This person sure knows a lot about his boy George. If he's not George, then he is a coach trying to save his job if George gets hired!! Besides I heard Birdwell was his right hand man. The reason George has done all the other stuff is not because he is such a great person. It because one, no body else wants to do it, two its call getting a STIPEND!!!! One thing you can say about Barbay, he took care of his coaches and helped them out when ever he could in many different ways..

Cowboy1981, have a little class about yourself and not call out kids who you feel were either hard to coach or not the "perfect football player", that's rude.. Every programs has that. How about you call out coaches that can't coach, the coaches that are only in Anahuac because they can't find another job else where. As for your John Madden reference, that's comparing apples to oranges, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a cowboy fan...

[/quote]

I can confirm that Cowboy1981 is not George Taylor.

Frankly, I see Anahuac in a pretty good position given the list of coaches who have applied.  I easily AT LEAST 9-10 names on this list that Anahuac fans should have no gripe about if any of those coaches are hired as the next HC/AD.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1219733" timestamp="1336495058"]
Frankly, I see Anahuac in a pretty good position given the list of coaches who have applied.  I easily AT LEAST 9-10 names on this list that Anahuac fans should have no gripe about if any of those coaches are hired as the next HC/AD.
[/quote]

I agree Grad. But we both know there will be gripes no matter who gets hired.

If you knew Darrell then you would that he gives responiblity to coaches that take care of business.  All I am saying is yes i understand that there are better resumes on that list than George but there is not anybody that cares more about that town, the kids, and the overall welfare of the students that go through the wack.  He is a PANTHER, thats what he will be until he dies just give him the chance that some many want. George has has turned down DC jobs to stay in Anahuac because he belongs in the Gator captial of the world. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1219734" timestamp="1336495223"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=99034.msg1219733#msg1219733 date=1336495058]
[/quote]

I agree Grad. But we both know there will be gripes no matter who gets hired.
[/quote]

Oh, no doubt AAW.  And I guess as admins of this message board, we really shouldn't be too disturbed about that.  Guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I've got mixed feelings about this situation...

a)  If Taylor isn't selected, will he stay and still be a huge factor in AP athletics...or even want to stay?

b)  If Taylor is selected and is successful, will he stay and not go for a better gig (bigger school) in 2-5 years?

c)  Not so sure Taylor will have as much control as he'd like to in the Barnyard, but I could be pawn..I mean wrong...

d)  Outsourcing may be the logical choice here, hiring within could backfire IMO

e)  Whomever is selected must get the girls program turned around, period...

[move]Good luck to all applicants, and yes, there will be griping no matter what!!![/move]

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="1219931" timestamp="1336533427"]

a)  If Taylor isn't selected, will he stay and still be a huge factor in AP athletics...or even want to stay?

b)  If Taylor is selected and is successful, will he stay and not go for a better gig (bigger school) in 2-5 years?

c)  Not so sure Taylor will have as much control as he'd like to in the Barnyard, but I could be pawn..I mean wrong...

d)  Outsourcing may be the logical choice here, hiring within could backfire IMO

[move]Good luck to all applicants, and yes, there will be griping no matter what!!![/move]
[/quote]

Good to hear from you again!

Rusty Cauthern is the one that should be given a hard look at. Winning is one thing but the way he works with kids and helps them to mature is second to none. I am speaking the truth. A honest and hard-working man.  I cannot tell you how much this program would benefit with him in this leadership role.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1219950" timestamp="1336535127"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=99034.msg1219931#msg1219931 date=1336533427]

[/quote]

Good to hear from you again!
[/quote]
;) ;D 8)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1220175" timestamp="1336591782"]
According to the Enterprise article, they were supposed to start those today.  So we will probably start getting info trickling in with regard to who interviewed.
[/quote]

Article says the 10th. I heard second hand of someone interviewing tomorrow, but I do not have complete confirmation of that so I am not going to mention names.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder