Hamshire-Fannett parents have petitioned to include Lance Dale for finalist

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a conflict of interest to me!

[quote name="dawg13" post="1206602" timestamp="1333595449"]
Whats all the fuss about,I'm a parent and I didn't sign the thing,Let's be real about it Lance was at HF before and left,we wasn't signing a petition to keep him then so why now.No need to go backwards.
[/quote]
Excellent point.

Also, not sure you folks at HF are fully aware of this, but Coach Cary's wife, who is also a respected teacher at PNG, graduated from HF. There is some tie to the community that could keep them there if hired.

That said...Your loss is our gain...at least for another year, as he will be a HC somewhere in the next year or so and the kids respect the heck out of Coach Cary!

After reading the Beaumont Enterprise article, I feel that some people have been miss led. Out of the previous ADs at HF since Tarver, only one chose to leave on their own accord, Price. The HF admin. chose not to renew Walker's contract, and made special arrangements for Mangnan not to continue his roll as AD. I dont feel that Price used a 0-10 season as a stepping stone for a resume builder, when he had a winning record with Barbers Hill. As for the fans in the stands, I feel that you should be in the stands as support for the kids win or lose as well as whoever is coaching your kids. If you do not support the coaches, reguardless of who they are, your kids will never give their all for them, setting themselves up for guaranteed failure. The 70's 80's and 90's were led by coaches that the community did not like until they were gone. Each of which will be considered for HS coaching hall of fame. That being said, I feel that you should support whoever is hired for the AD at HF so you can get your kids to respect them and get back to a winning tradition. This all starts with dicipline and respect at home, and not whinning and crying in the communtiy.

[quote name="ballsofsteel" post="1206738" timestamp="1333636791"]
After reading the Beaumont Enterprise article, I feel that some people have been miss led. Out of the previous ADs at HF since Tarver, only one chose to leave on their own accord, Price. The HF admin. chose not to renew Walker's contract, and made special arrangements for Mangnan not to continue his roll as AD. I dont feel that Price used a 0-10 season as a stepping stone for a resume builder, when he had a winning record with Barbers Hill. As for the fans in the stands, I feel that you should be in the stands as support for the kids win or lose as well as whoever is coaching your kids. If you do not support the coaches, reguardless of who they are, your kids will never give their all for them, setting themselves up for guaranteed failure. The 70's 80's and 90's were led by coaches that the community did not like until they were gone. Each of which will be considered for HS coaching hall of fame. That being said, I feel that you should support whoever is hired for the AD at HF so you can get your kids to respect them and get back to a winning tradition. This all starts with dicipline and respect at home, and not whinning and crying in the communtiy.
[/quote]

Post Of The Year!!! And it's only April.  ;D

[quote name="ballsofsteel" post="1206738" timestamp="1333636791"]
As for the fans in the stands, I feel that you should be in the stands as support for the kids win or lose as well as whoever is coaching your kids. [/quote]

I totally agree!  It makes me sick to be in the stands and there are not enough parents there to have one per kid!  If you don't think that what your kid is doing is important, he won't put much effort into it either.  Believe it or not, they care if you care!  It really shouldn't be about who the coach is. If HF is waiting for the perfect coach to be on the sideline before they come to a game, it may be a loooong wait!

Thank you guys b-o-steel and buckbuck good way of being politically correct,i agree with with both statements.I dont care if they have ties here just give the kids,students the best shot at becoming "ADULTS" if any other motive dont take the job.

[quote name="First Down" post="1206729" timestamp="1333635813"]
Hamshire-Fannett =
[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/scyrusjr/Epic%20Fail/1191921017457.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
You must be talking about your school.  >:(

Just an update on tonight's meeting.  From the very outset, the meeting has been closed to the public.  By closed to public, I mean nobody aside from board members have been allowed in.  They have interviewed Cary and Harris but they are still in executive session.

This thread is full of inaccurate information and assumptions.  To summarize, the issue is that the selection committee presented three applicants to the board (Harris, Cary, and Dale), and two individuals rejected Dale.  Not the board or the committee.  Is it right that two individuals make this decision against the rest of the committee?  This isn't about people not getting their way.  It's about a corrupt administration lying to the community it represents.

So what do the people of Kountze think about this.  I find it hard to beleive that Coach Dale didn't put his stamp of approval on all of this.  Just move on with the job you have.  I would think the kids from Kountze might take his actions as a slap in the face, do you care as much as you said.

maybe the people of kountze were glad he is trying to leave?  nobody here from midland - although this guy has coached ALL over the state it looks like.  lets start a pot that takes a shot at how long he will last?  word i hear is two years max at HF.

[quote name="justthefax" post="1207512" timestamp="1333747889"]
maybe the people of kountze were glad he is trying to leave?  nobody here from midland - although this guy has coached ALL over the state it looks like.  lets start a pot that takes a shot at how long he will last?  word i hear is two years max at HF.
[/quote]
If he leaves after 2 years and hf has a 7-3 or better record that will mean hf will continue to be on the right path. They are better off with coach price being there only 2 years. The whole program is alot more positive and stronger. Lets face it, Coaching 101 = success means offers. If he brings the program backwards then you have a right to be pissed. Otherwise, welcome the man into your community and show some support.

i's time for the community to get behind the new guy.  It's your kids he's coaching and if you want your kids to be successful you better support them at least.  They gripped about tarver his whole HF carreer now he is one of the legends.  give the new guy a chance.

[quote name="caneyhead" post="1207620" timestamp="1333806735"]
Poor guy. I feel sorry for this new coach if he expects Friday Night Lights atmosphere at HF. he has to deal with all the mommies and daddies now!
[/quote]
Your name fits you well.

[quote name="HFLONGHORN" post="1207669" timestamp="1333825069"]
Coach Harris will be welcomed by the community and will receive our full support.  The school board, however, has lost credibility with the community.
[/quote]
I hope he is successful, then we can thank the school board. We shall see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin