Applicants for Hamshire-Fannett head football/AD job

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1193399" timestamp="1331069198"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Applicants-for-the-Hamshire-Fannett-head-football-3386257.php
[/quote]
Hopefully they hire from within. Several coaches at HF has experience and could take over with little interuption. They have a good thing going.

[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1193695" timestamp="1331135818"]
I dont think they are going to promote from within.  They will go outside.  Stewart or Dale could be the answer.  Or someone the sup has ties to.
[/quote]
Who is Stewart or Dale. Where are they from?

[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1193713" timestamp="1331138663"]
Mike and Lance. One is a hometown boy and the other is a former finalist for the job when Managum was the coach.
[/quote]

I didn't see Mike Stewart on the list of applicants.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1193715" timestamp="1331139351"]
[quote author=hawgtuff link=topic=97218.msg1193713#msg1193713 date=1331138663]
Mike and Lance. One is a hometown boy and the other is a former finalist for the job when Managum was the coach.
[/quote]

I didn't see Mike Stewart on the list of applicants.
[/quote]
looked up both coaches. There are now 55 aplicants for the job per this article in the Beaumont enterprise. I guess it is a job someone wants.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Applicants-for-the-Hamshire-Fannett-head-football-3386257.php

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="hsbasketballfan" post="1193764" timestamp="1331147244"]
Kevin Hayes?? Did he used to be at Teague?
[/quote]

Yes he was at Teague for a number of years, then he was the OC at Athens for 1 yr before moving on to Callisburg

I hope they make the right decision this time and go with Mahaffey.  He is a proven AD/HC with a successful track record.  I have known him since his time at BC as an assistant.  He is a quality guy with the kids at heart.  He has been at HF 4 years now and for the good of the program those kids don't need another change.  I think those that check into him will find he places importance on the total program, not just football.  Just my opinion.

We have some really great athletes coming up through the program. I for one would like a fresh look. Someone who will stay with H-F and not follow the desires of the parents but put kids first where they have the chance to succeed. Everyone wants to know what is wrong out here in H-F well if your a parent look in the mirror and ask Am I doing what is right for the program or am I just out for little johnny? If you answer  correct little Johnny wins. Let the coaches coach.

[quote name="BuckBuck" post="1194198" timestamp="1331227676"]
I hope they make the right decision this time and go with Mahaffey.  He is a proven AD/HC with a successful track record.  I have known him since his time at BC as an assistant.  He is a quality guy with the kids at heart.  He has been at HF 4 years now and for the good of the program those kids don't need another change.  I think those that check into him will find he places importance on the total program, not just football.  Just my opinion.
[/quote]
It's a good opinion..I agree

[quote name="dawg13" post="1194012" timestamp="1331182650"]
It's needs to be one of the coaches we already have.And we dont need ole home town back again,we tried him in basketball and it did not go very well.
[/quote]

When "ole home town" was the basketball coach, they missed the playoffs by one game.  If they would have won the last one they would have been in the playoffs...pretty similar to this years team minus the playoff apperance.  I do agree with you though, it needs to be given to one that is already on the staff.  Good luck Horns!  Hopefully the school board will choose wisely!!

[quote name="Dirty D" post="1194894" timestamp="1331311190"]
I'm not sure about anyone on the staff.
[/quote]

Maybe you should do some checking!  Three of the assistants on staff have HC/AD experience, and I'm not talking about a two/three year stint at some school going 1-9 & 0-10.  Guys with quality resumes that would keep the team from making a big transition to another scheme, which they desperately don't need.  The school board needs to give one of these guys a shot and HIRE WITHIN!!  Don't beat around the bush and give them the run around and an iterview as a curtious formallity to say "yeah, well he is on the staff, so we will give him an interview"!  Just do what's right for the kids and the program...

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1195306" timestamp="1331346919"]
[quote author=Dirty D link=topic=97218.msg1194894#msg1194894 date=1331311190]
I'm not sure about anyone on the staff.
[/quote]

Maybe you should do some checking!  Three of the assistants on staff have HC/AD experience, and I'm not talking about a two/three year stint at some school going 1-9 & 0-10.  Guys with quality resumes that would keep the team from making a big transition to another scheme, which they desperately don't need.  The school board needs to give one of these guys a shot and HIRE WITHIN!!  Don't beat around the bush and give them the run around and an iterview as a curtious formallity to say "yeah, well he is on the staff, so we will give him an interview"!  Just do what's right for the kids and the program...
[/quote]

Wayne Mahaffey.......enough said.  Check his resume.  Won a state championship at Bartlett( i think )  ,  Won numerous district championships at Rusk, and was very successful at Kaufman. 

Cheating thr kids if you don't hire someone that knows the kids....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86