Beaumont Ozen vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/BH wins 66-39!!

WOSgrad

Uandme, you seem level headed. DV was the one who said Ozen was caught up in the moment, or spirits run high (or something to that effect) yet he is one of the first on here to condemn these girls and they assaulted no one. I will leave it at that. I got my message across....to some anyway.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1186709" timestamp="1330360978"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96667.msg1186693#msg1186693 date=1330359835]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=96667.msg1186684#msg1186684 date=1330359046]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96667.msg1186495#msg1186495 date=1330319511]
[quote author=bh146 link=topic=96667.msg1186042#msg1186042 date=1330262673]
Here is a link to a few game photos by the Chronicle's Bob Levy.  Bob is one of the Houston area's best pro photographers.

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/HS-girls-basketball-playoffs-39791/photo-2547846.php]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/gallery/HS-girls-basketball-playoffs-39791/photo-2547846.php[/url]

[/quote]
Saw the BH girls holding the dry erase boards saying "bye bye Ozen"....CLASSLESS....I hope they go to Austin and get BLASTED, so I can watch those same girls cry afterwards! THATS HORRIBLE! >:( >:(...I am SHOCKED that no one else has said anything about this classless act on here.....AWFUL SPORTSMANSHIP...I really hope that get blown out Thursday...
[/quote]

Wow.....you got to be kidding....pleeeeeeeeeeeease....Maybe what you saw was a response to all the garbage from the day before....from players and parents...
Guess you missed all that.  :o
[/quote]
So the trend of thought in BH is this: If the other team does it to you, its OK to be classless and do it right back to them...Not that you did your talking on the floor, already by winning the game, which is how good teams and programs are supposed to respond...thats not enough...Is that right? Great role models in Barbers Hill... ::)
[/quote]

Yeah that's it.....whatever you say....
[/quote]

I've been to my fair share of high school athletic events. "Bye, bye Ozen" is TAME in comparrison to some of the things you can hear just sitting in the stands at a basketball game. Heck, the pre-game music at most schools is more offensive.

Shake hands and move on.

You say BH is classless…….ummmm almost as classless as the $5,000 in damage Ozen did to BH's locker room after the play off football game, even though they won! Which is why Ozen's athletic dept cannot return to BH and wasn't invited to the GCC! Just Sayin'.......

And what was that song Ozen was singing after they beat Huntsville......NaNaNa.....Hey Hey Hey……Good Bye!!!  :o Real Classy!!!  ::)

At least the sign was directed toward the BH fans and could only be seen and not heard! Ozen is just upset they lost and on the defensive!

Congrats BH on a great win and Good Luck at State!!!  See you there!  :)

Ok, I'm done, was just tired of hearing how bad BH is for a marker board sign, when I know alot of what Ozen has done, not only the day before and earlier that week but also in other sports.  :-X

[quote name="tlem102" post="1186796" timestamp="1330368875"]
You say BH is classless…….ummmm almost as classless as the $5,000 in damage Ozen did to BH's locker room after the play off football game, even though they won! Which is why Ozen's athletic dept cannot return to BH and wasn't invited to the GCC! Just Sayin'.......

And what was that song Ozen was singing after they beat Huntsville......NaNaNa.....Hey Hey Hey……Good Bye!!!  :o Real Classy!!!  ::)

At least the sign was directed toward the BH fans and could only be seen and not heard! Ozen is just upset they lost and on the defensive!

Congrats BH on a great win and Good Luck at State!!!  See you there!  :)

Ok, I'm done, was just tired of hearing how bad BH is for a marker board sign, when I know alot of what Ozen has done, not only the day before and earlier that week but also in other sports.  :-X
[/quote]sounds to me that karma bit ozen back!

Hill -
Before I start I was wondering how long the niceness would last...Now this sounds like a BH vs ozen post game posts. Having coached against both teams I know these are emotional games and sometimes kids do and say things in the heat of battle that gets then the FULL ATTENTION of the Head Coach during the next film/practice.

I told the coaches sitting around me on Friday that Bh have played 2 very lack luster games
(By their standards) and still got the win. I was of the belief that they were looking ahead to Ozen..AND SAT PROVED IT. That was as good as I have seen them play in a while. I was very impressed. Please pass along my congrats to Shannon, Kendall and the rest. I will be watching them win it all on Sat.

P.S. I told Shannon at Summer Creek it took 4 years But I was pulling for her..lol

GO GET EM LADY EAGLES

[quote name="baddog" post="1186766" timestamp="1330365734"]
Uandme, you seem level headed. DV was the one who said Ozen was caught up in the moment, or spirits run high (or something to that effect) yet he is one of the first on here to condemn these girls and they assaulted no one. I will leave it at that. I got my message across....to some anyway.
[/quote]
I said NOTHING OF THE SORT...Please refrain from putting words in my mouth, for the sake of YOUR argument...stand on your own, and OWN your comments...I do...And I NEVER said ANYTHING about Ozen being caught up in any moment...I said IF they were taunting, THEY WERE WRONG TOO...Get it together, or leave it alone, sir.

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1186800" timestamp="1330369093"]
[quote author=tlem102 link=topic=96667.msg1186796#msg1186796 date=1330368875]
You say BH is classless…….ummmm almost as classless as the [b]$5,000 in damage Ozen did to BH's locker room after the play off football game, even though they won! Which is why Ozen's athletic dept cannot return to BH and wasn't invited to the GCC! Just Sayin'.......[/b]And what was that song Ozen was singing after they beat Huntsville......NaNaNa.....Hey Hey Hey……Good Bye!!!  :o Real Classy!!!  ::)

At least the sign was directed toward the BH fans and could only be seen and not heard! [b]Ozen is just upset they lost and on the defensive! [/b] Congrats BH on a great win and Good Luck at State!!!  See you there!  :)

Ok, I'm done, was just tired of hearing how bad BH is for a marker board sign, when I [b]know alot of what Ozen has done, not only the day before and earlier that week but also in other sports.  :-X[/b][/quote]sounds to me [b]that karma bit ozen back![/b][/quote]

1st off no damage was done to BH by anybody at Ozen. Using some of your words "BH lost and was just on the defensive". There was never any proof of this and those are not just my words. Can't always go by he say, she say...ya know because it's normally always started by somebody mad at something.

2nd Ozen hasn't been on this site and said they are upset - "Dick Vitale" made comments and last time I checked "Dick Vitale" doesn't equal Ozen. One person's opinion doesn't speak for the girls basketball program or the school for that matter. He did just like he wanted to on this thread and every other one and that was work yall up - and guess what yall keep falling for it!

I'll say it again, I am not a die hard Ozen fan but I will be a fan until my child graduates. Ozen had a great season that came to an end, move on and try again next year. Good luck to BH on your quest for the title!

We want the kids to act all proper, prim and civil when this site of adults is tit for tat.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1186868" timestamp="1330373078"]
So then DV you would agree that it was classless on the Silsbee boys to take their jerseys off and run up to the HJ fans and taunt after SIlsbee hit the three pointer at the buzzer to give the Hawks their only loss of the season.  Right???
[/quote]
If I were the Silsbee coach, I would have definitely addressed it, yes...I just feel there is no place for all of that in high school or collegiate athletics..Kids will CELEBRATE winning, but to TAUNT is just not necessary.  Sportmanship is a big part of ameteur athletics that is not emphasized enough in my opinion...What those girls from BH did was wrong, but what would be worse would be if the coaches did not address and correct it.

[quote author=baddog link=topic=96667.msg1186873#msg1186873 date=1330373383]
Dick, that was during your hiatus/banishment. It must have been another DF. My apologies.
[/quote]

What exactly does DF stand for?  ???....apology accepted as long as that DF was a typo! :o

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186874" timestamp="1330373558"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=96667.msg1186868#msg1186868 date=1330373078]
So then DV you would agree that it was classless on the Silsbee boys to take their jerseys off and run up to the HJ fans and taunt after SIlsbee hit the three pointer at the buzzer to give the Hawks their only loss of the season.  Right???
[/quote]
If I were the Silsbee coach, I would have definitely addressed it, yes...I just feel there is no place for all of that in high school or collegiate athletics..Kids will CELEBRATE winning, but to TAUNT is just not necessary.  Sportmanship is a big part of ameteur athletics that is not emphasized enough in my opinion...What those girls from BH did was wrong, but what would be worse would be if the coaches did not address and correct it.

[quote author=baddog link=topic=96667.msg1186873#msg1186873 date=1330373383]
Dick, that was during your hiatus/banishment. It must have been another DF. My apologies.
[/quote]

What exactly does DF stand for?  ???....apology accepted as long as that DF was a typo! :o
[/quote]

Dean Foods.
Closed up 3 cents at $12.33. Not bad.

It's very hard to read some of the things said, on this site ,such as a traveling circus, but I do understand ,you have various people on this site.I happen to be a supporter of Ozen, and never realized it was a circus,but if it is a circus,with those comments ,maybe they can use a few clowns, you should audition.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder