**#5 SILSBEE vs. #14 BROOKSHIRE-ROYAL Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 69-57!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1185304" timestamp="1330140170"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=96546.msg1185292#msg1185292 date=1330139879]
well, the good news for both HJ and Silsbee is that they don't have to worry about either Seally OR BR later in the playoffs... of course, they might have to face each other... :)
[/quote][u][b]Which is the way it should be! [/b][/u]
[/quote]

could not agree more!

BR was horrible from the outside, had at least 8 air balls from the outside.  The thing I will say about Silsbee is they have got to get better at the FT line.  They made some down the stretch but I will be interested in seeing what the final number looks like.  Never understood the double tech if any one can explain.  Both shot ft and BR got the ball.  But they got the next jump ball as well.  Overall good game.

Great game tonight! I think the refs missed 4 possible tech's on Royal players slamming the ball on the court. Silsbee free throw shooting was horrific. Royal was that much worst! Silsbee players have got to stop losing their cool in these kinds of games. I'd like to personally give a big shout out to Jake Dobbins, Pat Reed, and 14 for Silsbee. They were at a disadvantage going against guys 3 and 4 inches taller than them and they battled their tails off! Chris Elam, Wilson, Gaines, Jackson, etc... played their tails off as well. GREAT WIN TIGERS!

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="1185415" timestamp="1330146818"]
BR was horrible from the outside, had at least 8 air balls from the outside.  The thing I will say about Silsbee is they have got to get better at the FT line.  They made some down the stretch but I will be interested in seeing what the final number looks like.  Never understood the double tech if any one can explain.  Both shot ft and BR got the ball.  But they got the next jump ball as well.  Overall good game.
[/quote]

I was sitting right behind the scorers table and heard the ref explain to Coach Sigler, that it wasn't a double tech but two succesive with ours being the last.  therefore no change in the possesion arrow.

Score by quarters

1          2            3            4          tot
Brookshire-Royal  14          17          14          12          57
Silsbee                16          15          19          19          69

FT %

BR        9/22      41%
SIL      14/29      48%

3 point %

BR        0/15        0%
SIL        3/14      21%

Rebounds

BR            38
SIL            34

Turnovers

BR              26
SIL            17

Fouls

BR            27
SIL          19

Individual scoring

Brookshire-Royal

Kenton Sams                10
Stephen Morgan            10
Daniel Lewis                  8
Curtis Williford                6
Wesley Wilson                6
Raymond Johnson          6
Cody Fredrick                4
Damion Lasker                4
Kyle Abanathy              2
Eric Abanathy                2

Silsbee

Chris Elam                    29
Kelton Gaines                12
Zayon Jackson              10
Donti Wilson                  6
Jordan Holmes                6
Jake Dobbins                  3
LaDavian Barnes            2
Patrick Reed                  1

BR  (29-5)
SIL (26-7)

Great game.  Good win for the Tigers over a much bigger team tonight.  Great play inside by our big men .  We have to start making our free throws and get a little better start to these games.  Great defense once again.  Just need to keep our cool and stay out of foul trouble.  I don't know what kind of year BR's big man has had but the Tigers frustrated and completely kept him out of the game.  Good win guy keep it up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder