SETXsports DIRTY DOZEN BASKETBALL RANKINGS, FINAL RANKINGS

WOSgrad

People don't understand that the teams in our district are producing D1 talent every year.  Last year a kid from St. Thomas signed with Stanford.  A kid from St. Pius went to either San Diago or San Diago State, I can't remember which.  And the big kid from Houston Christian I had heard was offered by Pepperdine, but I'm not sure where he went.  There may have been one or two others that went D1 as well.  I'm not really sure about this years group, although I think the D1 talent in the district this year is mainly underclassmen.

We might have had more players in our district sign with D1 schools than this area produced last year.  We are not playing teams full of scrubs.  We are playing kids that play basketball year round and a lot of them play year round together as a team.  This is the first team we have had in three years that is able to compete.

[quote name="justsaying" post="1370033" timestamp="1360076345"]
These score are what they are but EC had just hit the court for about 2 weeks before those games and was missing their two point guards.  You can also look at the HJ games.  Kelly got beat by 51 and EC lost by 32 so who knows...
[/quote]

Wow.. I looked at the schedules again and i don't know where i saw that... Must have had something in my koolaid.. my bad on the HJ/Kelly thing...  gotta go back and look to see where i got that..

[quote name="colliecw" post="1369876" timestamp="1360010904"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=96275.msg1369691#msg1369691 date=1359958223]
The teams Kelly has lost to would beat all the teams above Kelly handily besides Kountze.
[/quote]

We MIGHT get an idea how Kelly compares to East Chambers after they play Hitchcock (common opponent EC 61 - Hitchcock 48 and EC was missing one starter)... I emphasize MIGHT since things change as the season goes on.  I still don't believe that Kelly would beat East Chambers. And IF they could it would not be "handily".

[/quote]
East chambers losing to big sandy by near 40 pts and Kelly beating them in OT? Really? Kelly will wipeout every 2A district, with an exception of Kountze

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1372520" timestamp="1360591359"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=96275.msg1372518#msg1372518 date=1360590849]
Now Broaddus and Woodville are better than Kelly  ;D this gets funnier every week.
[/quote]

Yep, about as funny as a 4 game losing streak. ;)
[/quote] all road games against The Village, St Thomas, St Pius, and Concordia with two of our starters playing injured not to mention they were all close games except the Village where our starting PG didn't even play. All those teams would beat every team ranked ahead Kelly except Kountze for sure. And Pius and The Village  would have good games with Kountze and almost any team in the Big School rankings. Pius already had a good game with Nederland earlier this year, lost by seven. And Village had a great time destroying your Tigers at the Nederland tourney  ;) not to mention Kelly has beat Cleveland, Big Sandy, and beat Woodville in one of the worst games we have played all year. I'm not mad we dropped or anything, I could care less, I just think it's funny that some people even think of the teams above Kelly to even be around Kelly's level. Kelly is WAY better than those tests ahead of them they would run Broaddus out of the country much less the gym. A matter of fact I would put Kelly right between Ozen and Cleveland in the Big School polls. I just don't see how a 4 game ROAD losing streak against really good teams coming off of an 11 game win streak drops you from 2nd to 9th.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1372629" timestamp="1360611667"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96275.msg1372520#msg1372520 date=1360591359]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=96275.msg1372518#msg1372518 date=1360590849]
Now Broaddus and Woodville are better than Kelly  ;D this gets funnier every week.
[/quote]

[/quote] all road games against The Village, St Thomas, St Pius, and Concordia with two of our starters playing injured. All those teams would beat every team ranked ahead Kelly except Kountze for sure. And Pius and The Village would have good games with Kountze and almost any team in the Big School rankings. Pius already had a good game with Nederland earlier this year, lost by seven. And Village had a great time destroying your Tigers at the Nederland tourney  ;) not to mention Kelly has beat Cleveland, Big Sandy, and beat Woodville in one of the worst games we have played all year.
[/quote]

are you basing this analysis on the fact that beat kelly?  or you've seen them play a lot more than one game each?  you lose 4 games in a row, you're going to drop.  we should just ignore 4 game losing streaks if people are hurt, or if the competition improves?  Apart from HJ's loss to state-ranked 4A Central, they have 3 other losses to state-ranked 3A teams, by a total of 15 points.  They beat the crap out of 2A #1 Kountze.  their record is 30-4, by far the best in the area.  And they're currently tied for 8th in the big school poll.  that's how these things work.  you lose, you drop. 

[quote name="bullets13" post="1372634" timestamp="1360612326"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=96275.msg1372629#msg1372629 date=1360611667]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96275.msg1372520#msg1372520 date=1360591359]
[/quote]

[/quote] all road games against The Village, St Thomas, St Pius, and Concordia with two of our starters playing injured. All those teams would beat every team ranked ahead Kelly except Kountze for sure. And Pius and The Village would have good games with Kountze and almost any team in the Big School rankings. Pius already had a good game with Nederland earlier this year, lost by seven. And Village had a great time destroying your Tigers at the Nederland tourney  ;) not to mention Kelly has beat Cleveland, Big Sandy, and beat Woodville in one of the worst games we have played all year.
[/quote]

are you basing this analysis on the fact that beat kelly?  or you've seen them play a lot more than one game each?  you lose 4 games in a row, you're going to drop.  we should just ignore 4 game losing streaks if people are hurt, or if the competition improves?  Apart from HJ's loss to state-ranked 4A Central, they have 3 other losses to state-ranked 3A teams, by a total of 15 points.  They beat the crap out of 2A #1 Kountze.  their record is 30-4, by far the best in the area.  And they're currently tied for 8th in the big school poll.  that's how these things work.  you lose, you drop.
[/quote] I've seen them play more than one game each. I watched the Village at the Nederland tourney and I watched the Pius vs Nederland game and I watched all of these teams except Village play against top competition (St John's, Episcopal and others) in the Houston Christian tournament Kelly was in. No you shouldn't ignore 4 game losing streaks but you also shouldn't ignore the competition level. That's all I'm saying. Also HJ does deserve higher to. The ranking people should look at things more than the teams win/loss streak cause that seems to be all that is worried about. "oh they lost a game then won one we'll just keep them there" "oh they lost two games against good teams they gotta drop by 3 or 4 places" "oh they won 2 games against terrible teams they need to go up" that's how yall make rankings sound.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1372629" timestamp="1360611667"]
[/quote]

[/quote] all road games against The Village, St Thomas, St Pius, and Concordia with two of our starters playing injured not to mention they were all close games except the Village where our starting PG didn't even play. All those teams would beat every team ranked ahead Kelly except Kountze for sure. And Pius and The Village  would have good games with Kountze and almost any team in the Big School rankings. Pius already had a good game with Nederland earlier this year, lost by seven. And Village had a great time destroying your Tigers at the Nederland tourney  ;) not to mention Kelly has beat Cleveland, Big Sandy, and [b]beat Woodville in one of the worst games we have played all year.[/b] I'm not mad we dropped or anything, I could care less, I just think it's funny that some people even think of the teams above Kelly to even be around Kelly's level. Kelly is WAY better than those tests ahead of them they would run Broaddus out of the country much less the gym. A matter of fact I would put Kelly right between Ozen and Cleveland in the Big School polls. I just don't see how a 4 game ROAD losing streak against really good teams coming off of an 11 game win streak drops you from 2nd to 9th.
[/quote]
Lol so you play a close game with a team that's just as athletic (possibly more athletic) than you and now it's one of your worst games all year? Lol you played in a hostile environment and came out with a win against a very scrappy, athletic team. The fundamentals and shooting is what separates Woodville and Kelly. This ranking is about team performance and wins and losses. Not quality of opponent, for the most part. If you can't compete with the teams in your district, you should move down. I agree that Kelly has played much tougher opponents than most smaller teams in this area. I think we all get that. But four game losing streaks are going to get you moved down. No matter who you play, whether it was a bad game or not, or where it was. Impressive 11-game win streaks can be eliminated in the minds of people by poor play during district competition.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1372650" timestamp="1360617032"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=96275.msg1372629#msg1372629 date=1360611667]
[/quote]

[/quote] all road games against The Village, St Thomas, St Pius, and Concordia with two of our starters playing injured not to mention they were all close games except the Village where our starting PG didn't even play. All those teams would beat every team ranked ahead Kelly except Kountze for sure. And Pius and The Village  would have good games with Kountze and almost any team in the Big School rankings. Pius already had a good game with Nederland earlier this year, lost by seven. And Village had a great time destroying your Tigers at the Nederland tourney  ;) not to mention Kelly has beat Cleveland, Big Sandy, and [b]beat Woodville in one of the worst games we have played all year.[/b] I'm not mad we dropped or anything, I could care less, I just think it's funny that some people even think of the teams above Kelly to even be around Kelly's level. Kelly is WAY better than those tests ahead of them they would run Broaddus out of the country much less the gym. A matter of fact I would put Kelly right between Ozen and Cleveland in the Big School polls. I just don't see how a 4 game ROAD losing streak against really good teams coming off of an 11 game win streak drops you from 2nd to 9th.
[/quote]
Lol so you play a close game with a team that's just as athletic (possibly more athletic) than you and now it's one of your worst games all year? Lol you played in a hostile environment and came out with a win against a very scrappy, athletic team. The fundamentals and shooting is what separates Woodville and Kelly. This ranking is about team performance and wins and losses. Not quality of opponent, for the most part. If you can't compete with the teams in your district, you should move down. I agree that Kelly has played much tougher opponents than most smaller teams in this area. I think we all get that. But four game losing streaks are going to get you moved down. No matter who you play, whether it was a bad game or not, or where it was. Impressive 11-game win streaks can be eliminated in the minds of people by poor play during district competition.
[/quote] having seen Kelly play almost every game this year that was a terrible game for us. And we are definitely more athletic in my opinion.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1372691" timestamp="1360624586"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=96275.msg1372650#msg1372650 date=1360617032]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] having seen Kelly play almost every game this year that was a terrible game for us. And we are definitely more athletic in my opinion.
[/quote]
fisherman2, you're too Catholic to be objective in any of these rankings that involve Kelly.  They are a good team - but the walking on water is over.  It really doesn't matter why they have lost four in a row - they have.  You can sit there and spin it until you get dizzy but it won't change anything.  Besides, it's just a poll based on the opinions of a lot of "usedtobe" athletes.  How much does it really matter?

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1372691" timestamp="1360624586"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=96275.msg1372650#msg1372650 date=1360617032]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
The hustle of Woodville forced bad shots and did not allow Kelly to get into a rhythm the entire game. Fundamentals was the difference in that game. Kelly played well the last four minutes of the game.
And the use of the word "we" kinda shows an objective bias for Kelly. Which it would be understandable that you would think they're more athletic, being one of their supporters.

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1372704" timestamp="1360626116"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=96275.msg1372691#msg1372691 date=1360624586]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
fisherman2, you're too Catholic to be objective in any of these rankings that involve Kelly.  They are a good team - but the walking on water is over.  It really doesn't matter why they have lost four in a row - they have.  You can sit there and spin it until you get dizzy but it won't change anything.  Besides, it's just a poll based on the opinions of a lot of "usedtobe" athletes.  How much does it really matter?
[/quote] im actually not Catholic at all. I'm just a Kelly fan. And I don't really care about these rankings I just find it funny.

This EC team is not the same team that BS beat at the BEGINING of the season.  EC had just started playing basketball, new offense, defense, coach, and 2 starters out with injury.  This team has come together as a group.  Each member of the current starting 5 have been a high scorer for at least one game and several of the bench players have been high scorers this season.

Could EC beat BS now?? Don't know and neither does anyone else...  The rankings are based on now and you lose a game and you drop in the polls.  That is how this "unfair" world works.

[quote name="colliecw" post="1375442" timestamp="1361200502"]
This EC team is not the same team that BS beat at the BEGINING of the season.  EC had just started playing basketball, new offense, defense, coach, and 2 starters out with injury.  This team has come together as a group.  Each member of the current starting 5 have been a high scorer for at least one game and several of the bench players have been high scorers this season.

Could EC beat BS now?? Don't know and neither does anyone else...  The rankings are based on now and you lose a game and you drop in the polls.  That is how this "unfair" world works.
[/quote]
I have only casually paid attention to EC basketball this season so I'm unable to refute any accurate points that you make in this statement.  I find it plausible that each of the five starters has been "high-point" for the game this season.  What seems to be a stretch is that SEVERAL of the bench players have also been high-point for the game.  Now, assuming that EC is carrying 12 on the varsity, that leaves seven on the bench - not considering foul-outs.  Could you be more specific in you quantity of SEVERAL?  And when you find the specific number would you please name them - just for the sake of clarification, I mean.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1375408" timestamp="1361159094"]
How can u put EC and SA ahead of BS When they have beat them both at there home court.  That suck big time aaw.
[/quote]
We have some posters that take these rankings WAAAAAY too seriously!!!! ::)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1375465" timestamp="1361205284"]
[quote author=colliecw link=topic=96275.msg1375442#msg1375442 date=1361200502]

[/quote]
I have only casually paid attention to EC basketball this season so I'm unable to refute any accurate points that you make in this statement.  I find it plausible that each of the five starters has been "high-point" for the game this season.  What seems to be a stretch is that SEVERAL of the bench players have also been high-point for the game.  Now, assuming that EC is carrying 12 on the varsity, that leaves seven on the bench - not considering foul-outs.  Could you be more specific in you quantity of SEVERAL?  And when you find the specific number would you please name them - just for the sake of clarification, I mean.
[/quote]

Nick King, Dory Roberts for sure... Maybe better word would have been a couple...  8). 7 of 10 on the roster have been high scorer in at least one game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86

• This series will be streamed on Texanlive! Let’s go Eagles
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   I wish the Ohio AG much success...from the article: Ohio’s Republican Attorney General is pushing back against critics after warning that anti-Israel protesters wearing masks are facing potential prison time due to a little known state law. "The First Amendment protects you and saying whatever it is you have to say. Even hateful things are protected by the First Amendment," Ohio AG Dave Yost told Fox News Digital this week. "The First Amendment, though, was always designed to be a shield against the government. It's not a sword against your fellow students and they have rights too. Your First Amendment rights are limited by their right to be able to go to school, use the library, get the value of their education and the tuition that they paid for." In a letter sent on Monday, Yost warned university presidents of a historic state law that could mean masked anti-Israel demonstrators on college campuses could face felony charges.  "The law is an old law," Yost told Fox News Digital. "It goes back to the 20th century, and it was originally designed to make sure that people like Ku Klux Klan were held accountable, that, of course, the reason that the Ku Klux Klan wore hoods and masks over their faces is so that they couldn't be identified because they were committing crimes. So the General Assembly in Ohio said, okay, you can wear a mask, you can wear a hood, that's fine. But if you commit a crime with two or more other people, while you are masking yourself, we're going to see that as a heightened kind of crime, a worse kind of thing, because you're consciously doing this and trying to hide your identity because you know you're doing something wrong."
    • You keep pointing at the fact that Biden got so many votes as proof of cheating, when it’s actually proof of something else… Trump motivates people to get off of the couch, register, and vote for ANYBODY BUT TRUMP.  And instead of looking in the mirror and recognizing that the problem is you (the person who nominates a candidate that most people HATE) you blame the people who vote against him.    Haley pulled down 22% of the votes in the most recent Republican  primary. Those votes were cast AFTER she’d already dropped out of the race.    Trump is going to lose the fourth consecutive election cycle since he beat the even more unlikable Hillary in  2016. The Dems learned from their mistake (nominating a despised candidate in ‘16). The Rs keep nominating the same guy that most people hate and expecting different results.    Dems roll in November. 
    • Not yet, anyway. If you can't see that there has been a strong effort to create gender dysphoria amongst young folks AND try to keep it from parents in many instances, you're not paying attention. You may not care about this, but it's ridiculous to ridicule those that do. There is an agenda behind this, no doubt about it, like bullets pointed out earlier, it's just a name change...for now. And it was only very recently that girls were allowed to join the "boy scouts", they have been allowed to join certain other groups that weren't available to girls at the time. It's the frog in the slow boil.
  • Topics