Ozen receives reprimand, 2 yr probation from UIL for brawl

WOSgrad

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with smoking baby. Bh would be in serious trouble with the uil. Just last week they had 2 boys slap each other after the crosby game. I also heard there was possibly some hair pulling involved but that was not confirmed. Most of the other bh altercations should be remedied with the opening of the new family dollar.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1179525" timestamp="1329422561"]
I agree with smoking baby. Bh would be in serious trouble with the uil. Just last week they had 2 boys slap each other after the crosby game. I also heard there was possibly some hair pulling involved but that was not confirmed. Most of the other bh altercations should be remedied with the opening of the new family dollar.
[/quote]

:o

No, the worst part of the entire deal is Ozen and the Coach will be on the back page of [i]The [/i][i]Leaguer. [/i]
Every coach, band director, OAP Director, UIL Academic Sponsor, and administrator reads[i] The [/i][i]Leaguer[/i] in Texas. It means you'll have a hard time finding a job if you have to make a move.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1179903" timestamp="1329491587"]
Per Jordan Godwin via Twitter
La Marque coach Mike Jackson livid over the two-year probation his program was handed by the UIL today in Austin.
[/quote]

Livid for what?  Because he did his part by suspending 4 water boys, 3 JV players, 2 cheerleaders and 2 bandmembers for their playoff game vs. Mavel?  He should be glad that HE didn't get probation like the Ozen coach did.  That was his reward for handing out the so-called suspensions for the playoff game.  UIL said that they were pleased with the action he took and that that's why HE didn't get probation.

[quote name="Crowdpleaser84" post="1179963" timestamp="1329497049"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95757.msg1179903#msg1179903 date=1329491587]
La Marque coach Mike Jackson livid over the two-year probation his program was handed by the UIL today in Austin.
[/quote]

Livid for what?  Because he did his part by suspending 4 water boys, 3 JV players, 2 cheerleaders and 2 bandmembers for their playoff game vs. Mavel?  He should be glad that HE didn't get probation like the Ozen coach did.  That was his reward for handing out the so-called suspensions for the playoff game.  UIL said that they were pleased with the action he took and that that's why HE didn't get probation.
[/quote] I hear ya... curious as to why there are no LaMarque posters on here talking about any of this... Like I said in an earlier post the UIL should have asked for names of the "suspended" players.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1179993" timestamp="1329500015"]
[quote author=Crowdpleaser84 link=topic=95757.msg1179963#msg1179963 date=1329497049]
[/quote]

[/quote] I hear ya... curious as to why there are no LaMarque posters on here talking about any of this... Like I said in an earlier post the UIL should have asked for names of the "suspended" players.
[/quote]

There are no La Marque posters on here talking about it because most of them (not all, but most) exhibited the same lack of respect for rules here that La Marque showed on the court and on the field which led to the exasperated Dr. Jackson being brought in front of the UIL.  For that, I gave them a little bit harsher punishment than a reprimand.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1179998" timestamp="1329500501"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95757.msg1179993#msg1179993 date=1329500015]
[quote author=Crowdpleaser84 link=topic=95757.msg1179963#msg1179963 date=1329497049]
[/quote]

[/quote]

There are no La Marque posters on here talking about it because most of them (not all, but most) exhibited the the same lack of respect for rules here that La Marque showed on the court and on the field which led to the exasperated Dr. Jackson being brought in front of the UIL.  For that, I gave them a little bit harsher punishment than a reprimand.
[/quote] :o Oh.. well i guess that answers my question...  ;)

I think both teams should be suspended from playing football for one or two years. As impressionable as kids are, we could see alot more of this if these two teams get away with what they did.  (To my "BELOVED" WOS MUSTANGS. Please don`t  let a  dysfunctional football team, like la marque, drag you guys into a fight on the Football field.  You have too much to lose. Make the Mustang fans proud. "JUST WALK AWAY")

Question? How can such an incident be controlled for the future? We all have comments after the fact. The teams participated in what is common in a sportsmanlike manner to shake hands at the end of the game. Its football, you have spats during the games but you still line up to shake hands. So what do you do,use a rope?

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1180058" timestamp="1329507306"]
I hoped the probation included a postseason ban for one to two years. That's what should both teams get for their involvement! Representing your school in the postseason should not be a right in my opinion!
[/quote]

I totally agree with this, even as far as denying any district championships also. Time to quit making excuses and making dang sure that this will not be tolerated. Anyone who is willing to overlook this as just some kids getting caught up in the moment is delusional.

Maybe I'm delusional...I understand there is a price to pay for the actions that took place as a team but I feel that individual punishments should be alot stricter. Why should "Sammy" pay next year for what the senior from last year did? Why senior is away at college or wherever take away "Sammy's" opportunity to advance? Yes, again I agree that the team needs to be punished and probation IMO is fitting for the "team" but what does this punishment have on the players no longer there next season?. If there is video evidence like they said there was then it can be seen who should be punished. Again maybe I am delusional.

I guess everyone on the team was a senior, and so was everybody involved in the fight. As far as I know, punishing the group for the actions of a few (this was slightly more than a few) is the norm, not something I just invented. I really can't see anyone being able to punish only those involved. There were too many.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1180119" timestamp="1329512831"]
Question? How can such an incident be controlled for the future? We all have comments after the fact. The teams participated in what is common in a sportsmanlike manner to shake hands at the end of the game. [b]Its football, you have spats during the games but you still line up to shake hands. So what do you do,use a rope?[/b]
[/quote]

No, you use self-restraint and good sportsmanship. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be allowed to participate.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="1181333" timestamp="1329761181"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95757.msg1180119#msg1180119 date=1329512831]
Question? How can such an incident be controlled for the future? We all have comments after the fact. The teams participated in what is common in a sportsmanlike manner to shake hands at the end of the game. [b]Its football, you have spats during the games but you still line up to shake hands. So what do you do,use a rope?[/b]
[/quote]

No, you use self-restraint and good sportsmanship. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be allowed to participate.
[/quote] Easier said than done, especially if a [color=red]teammate[/color] is attacked by several
players from the opposing team. The majority of teams are going to go help ;)

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="1181333" timestamp="1329761181"]
[/quote]

[b]No, you use self-restraint and good sportsmanship. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be allowed to participate.[/b]
[/quote]exactly...

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1181339" timestamp="1329762073"]
[quote author=Aces_Full link=topic=95757.msg1181333#msg1181333 date=1329761181]
[/quote]

[/quote] Easier said than done, especially if a [color=red]teammate[/color] is attacked by several
[/quote]Well these 2 teams should have never been allowed to line up after the game... The coaches and refs KNEW there was still anger going on. I blame it all on the ones in charge.. The adults

[quote name="octfeb" post="1181341" timestamp="1329762221"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95757.msg1181339#msg1181339 date=1329762073]
[/quote]

[/quote]Well these 2 teams should have never been allowed to line up after the game... The coaches and refs KNEW there was still anger going on. I blame it all on the ones in charge.. The adults
[/quote]Then that goes against the concept of sportsmanship you agree on  ::) You kiss and make up after differences, thats what you teach in sports.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1181344" timestamp="1329762333"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95757.msg1181341#msg1181341 date=1329762221]
[/quote]

[/quote]Then that goes against the concept of sportsmanship you agree on  ::) You kiss and make up after differences, thats what you teach in sports.
[/quote]No it doesn't.. when there is still a possibility of a fight.. you take your team and walk away...thats doing the right thing...

[quote name="octfeb" post="1181350" timestamp="1329764016"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95757.msg1181344#msg1181344 date=1329762333]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95757.msg1181341#msg1181341 date=1329762221]
[/quote]

[/quote]No it doesn't.. when there is still a possibility of a fight.. you take your team and walk away...thats doing the right thing...
[/quote]Thats rude! You shake and leave it on the field or court. [b]Obviously [/b]no one felt it would turn into a big fight

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder