Hobbs, Langston talk about why they want West Brook job

Lombardi could not win 10 games at Trinity in 3 years.  And it that district they are in...forget about it......I tell you what Chuck has done, and this is something that I thought I would NEVER see in a million years.  When the Trinity kids go on the road or to track meets, etc..they act right.  Trinity kids for as long as I can remember have acted like stark raving fools anytime you saw them in public.  But over the last 3 years, Chuck as really turned that around.  Which if you ask me, is the first step to getting a program under control.  The kids that would not conform, he got rid of.  That is why the numbers have been "sub Tatum and Cameron Yoe."  There are too many kids at that school that are unwilling to conform to a structured environment. Besides that, the kids were playing some sound football for the first time in a long time.  All the other programs are benefiting from the discipline that Chuck as implemented in football and offseason.......Bottom line, Trinity is a very tough place for a football coach to win.  No one could have done any better that Chuck did in his 3 year stretch.  Say what you want about the HF job interview, he put in 3 solid years at a place that most coaches would haul @** from after year 1.

What coach does not apply at different places?.......what coach does not look for a promotion, or the opportunity to take a better or higher paying job?

For that matter, what employee that wants to move up at ANY type of job not do that?  Its a pretty normal occurance, even for coaches that stay in 1 place for a long time.  He is afforded the same right and privelages that anyone else would be.  But the fact remains, he stayed and invested 3 years at Trinity. 

West Brook's athletes already "act right".  What WB needs is a coach that can work with the middle school feeders, and can evaluate their talent and use them in a scheme that best fits.  I do not believe that Langston is that man.  My bet from the names I have seen is Flanigan, although if Haynes has applied he would be right up there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin