Chuck Langston for West Brook football Job

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1173434" timestamp="1328632430"]
If coaches could not coach after being fired then how many NFL coaches would be out of a job? How many coaches at every level, in every sport, would be looking for work

If your researching then hurry up and get to the part about what was violated.  He was helping kids!  If helping kids out is his biggest fault then he's still the guy for WB 2012

Soulja your not giving the kids enough credit. Did they not adjust to Stump.
[/quote]You're missing my point.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1173475" timestamp="1328636252"]
[quote author=setxguru link=topic=95320.msg1173438#msg1173438 date=1328633039]
UCO President said "after an internal investigation by the University that during Langston's tenure he had failed to exercise institutional control and monitor the administration of it's own football program."  In a separate article it read that during Langston's tenure there had been multiple NCAA Violations and the University was place on 3 years probation following his firing.  Also why was he fired at Trinity HS this fall?
[/quote]

Please note the HE, the president is referring to, is himself.  The 'multiple' violations was for it being more than one kid, and it happened all at once.  You left out the part about how the president regretted making the decision because I quote " I enjoyed my relationship with him"
[/quote]
So your saying that "He" is refrerring to himself and that translaits to the President of UCO implemented himself in these violations that landed the University on Probation?  Unusual!!!!  How about answering why he was fired at Trinity HS this Fall?

[quote name="setxguru" post="1173514" timestamp="1328640245"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=95320.msg1173475#msg1173475 date=1328636252]
[quote author=setxguru link=topic=95320.msg1173438#msg1173438 date=1328633039]
UCO President said "after an internal investigation by the University that during Langston's tenure he had failed to exercise institutional control and monitor the administration of it's own football program."  In a separate article it read that during Langston's tenure there had been multiple NCAA Violations and the University was place on 3 years probation following his firing.  Also why was he fired at Trinity HS this fall?
[/quote]

Please note the HE, the president is referring to, is himself.  The 'multiple' violations was for it being more than one kid, and it happened all at once.  You left out the part about how the president regretted making the decision because I quote " I enjoyed my relationship with him"
[/quote]
So your saying that "He" is refrerring to himself and that translaits to the President of UCO implemented himself in these violations that landed the University on Probation?  Unusual!!!! [b] How about answering why he was fired at Trinity HS this Fall?[/b]
[/quote]

Sounds like you already know the freaking answer, so why don't you answer yourself.....geezzz!!!

[quote name="setxguru" post="1173387" timestamp="1328628516"]
Not trying to pour salt on the whole Chuck Langston is the greatest the since canned beer, but what happened at his last job at Trinity High School?  He was let go is the information that I got.  Does anybody know any details?
[/quote]
He was let go because the "numbers" in the program were not high enough.  Sup wanted numbers like Cameran You and Tatum.  Coach Langston was making the Trinity kids act right so he ran some off. Thats the way I heard it.

No thats not what happened. A new superintendent was hired and Chuck got reassigned when he hired his buddies' kid.  Unfortunately, it happens everyday in business. New man in town wants to puff his chest out and show his muscle. Chuck was just the one coaching at that time-it didnt matter who it was, he was going to get re-assigned.
I believe it happened to another coach that was formerly mentioned as well.

Guest sportsmack
folks let stop making public judgement of Langston.  None of you with the exception of one person on this forum knows the whole story behind Central Ok. or Trinity HS.  Young coach...I am sure he would like a do-over or two. Bottom line he is a great guy and good with kids. Moral of the story, Lighten up unless u have walked in his shoes and remember playing monday morning quarter is no risk at all!

[quote name="downondblteam" post="1173571" timestamp="1328646082"]
[quote author=setxguru link=topic=95320.msg1173387#msg1173387 date=1328628516]
Not trying to pour salt on the whole Chuck Langston is the greatest the since canned beer, but what happened at his last job at Trinity High School?  He was let go is the information that I got.  Does anybody know any details?
[/quote]
He was let go because the "numbers" in the program were not high enough.  Sup wanted numbers like Cameran You and Tatum.  Coach Langston was making the Trinity kids act right so he ran some off. Thats the way I heard it.
[/quote]
Im not sure if this job will be filled from the outside or inside, but my point is this there are people who have come on this board as of late protesting that Langston is the best guy for the community and the best role model for the kids of WB and there are numerous article's and proof of suspension and firings from cheating.  There are literally 10+ articles on google, yahoo, MSN, etc about multiple violations after he served a two game suspension for similar violations.  He then got fired in less than a semester from a 2A head job at Trinity.  There were also similar blogs that took place just before he got hired at Trinity that read "I can't believe a Superintendent and Board would hire a guy that had so many documented incidents against him to lead young people.  I have heard this is why he did not even get an interview last spring when he applied for the East Chambers job.  That just does not seem to be the same guy who some people are making him out to be on this site!

[quote name="setxguru" post="1174365" timestamp="1328719240"]
[quote author=downondblteam link=topic=95320.msg1173571#msg1173571 date=1328646082]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Im not sure if this job will be filled from the outside or inside, but my point is this there are people who have come on this board as of late protesting that Langston is the best guy for the community and the best role model for the kids of WB and there are numerous article's and proof of suspension and firings from cheating.  There are literally 10+ articles on google, yahoo, MSN, etc about multiple violations after he served a two game suspension for similar violations.  He then got fired in less than a semester from a 2A head job at Trinity.  There were also similar blogs that took place just before he got hired at Trinity that read "I can't believe a Superintendent and Board would hire a guy that had so many documented incidents against him to lead young people.  I have heard this is why he did not even get an interview last spring when he applied for the East Chambers job.  That just does not seem to be the same guy who some people are making him out to be on this site!
[/quote]

This would be a good article for you to read:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Hobbs-Langston-talk-about-why-they-want-West-3112704.php

[quote name="setxguru" post="1174365" timestamp="1328719240"]
[quote author=downondblteam link=topic=95320.msg1173571#msg1173571 date=1328646082]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Why do you just do one side of the research.  Oh I know so it fits your agenda.  You did all this looking up and you post your words in a way to attempt for readers to Judge from what YOU say you have found. 

In reality you do find many articals about multiple violations.  They are ALL covering the SAME topic. And the SAME multiple violations that happened at the SAME ONE TIME!  Your words make it sound like this occurred over and over repeatedly. Total research would point that out.

The two game suspension was tied in to the SAME violations. When the school received a letter that the NCAA was going to investigate the president took action ahead of time for the SAME violations.  Not Similar violations the SAME violation. 

You read the blogs that started before he got hired, yet fail to mention the ones after he was REASSIGNED( you use the word fired as if he was given his out right release for bad behavior)
Let's talk about the people who are calling for the removal of their Superintendent and what they call his " puppet" school board. And mentioning " how could we let someone like Langston get away?"

I'll leave you with a quote from the same articals you read but I guess you missed it?!?  Comes from his assistant Joe Bowden

“I think Chuck did an excellent job of keeping the guys focused on football, and doing the things that they needed to do. I went through an experience like this when I moved from Houston (Oilers) to Tennessee (Titans), and I think Chuck handled this situation about as well as anyone could. He’s a man of God, and we know that God has a plan for Chuck. He just needs to get his name out there, and put all of this behind him.”

Not sure what your a guru of, but its not a guru of telling the whole story.

Langston was at Trinity for 3 seasons- 2 wins, 4 wins and 2 wins(would have been 3 but had to forfeit only district win due to playing ineligible player this year).  To my knowledge, no players were removed from team for discipline issues.  Quite the opposite, kids that most coaches would have let go for multiple reasons were kept on and coddled for the sake of winning.  The numbers excuse is what coaches use when they are let go and want to try and save face. 

In all likelihood Langston will not be the next head coach at West Brook but I'm not gona let this trash above be the last post about him. 

It's a shame that people can feel so freely to get on line and post things untrue about a person for all to see!  Too many people feel invincible and knowing they will face no reprocushions for their comments.  Even more repulsive knowing they can rest their head with ease at night. 

There was no forfeit.  There were no UIL infractions.  Don't you Think that would be ALL over the WEB if it were even questionable, being tied to Langston?!?!?  Yet not one news article. 

And how do you measure success?  Trinity, winless the season before chuck. 1 win in its last 17 or so games before chuck? 

Let the people of Trinity talk. Google the words Topix and coach Langston.  Read for yourselves from the locals that say it was the Sup who spoke openly about the numbers being to low.  Not some coaches excuse for being let go.    Read about the kids not given a chance to play because they couldn't act right in and outside of school.  Read about improvements in all sports including girls athletics. According to the ones that had followed the team for years, the kids were headed in the right direction.  Unlike most areas,  I think the level of success in Trinity is not about winning and losing football games but more about saving their kids lives. 

Out of all the research I'm brought back to his assistant, Joe Bowden's  quote.  "...God has a plan for Chuck".  All be it... a better one!!

• 3 weeks later...
Since you mention asking someone from Trinity, and mention our town on Topix, I thought I would oblige you. There are 2,500 of us in total in Trinity. Here are a few of our voices, which is actually a decent percentage of us considering our town's small population:

From our local Topix, June 7, 2009:

[quote]He is just like any other Coach he has his picks.He takes the same two students home with him everyday. I guess he thinks that they will be a great accesorie to the team but what he does not know is that one might be moving to Houston, but he thinks he is going to be around. Yes I agree everyone deserves a second chance but he totally screwed up when he violated the NCAA rules. He is trying to be a hard ass but he will ease up just like everyother coach. Langston is nothing but a cancer to the program. We should have gave Droddy or Hill the chance and not Langston.[/quote]

[quote]Langston has zero experience in coaching high school football.[/quote]

[quote]just becasue he violated the NCAA rules. Everybody makes mistakes im pretty sure you have made a couple of mistakes in your life.[/quote]

[quote]Certain young men want be given a oppurtunity to play. Something to do with their past problems. Certain demands had to be made and if they didnt perform no football. Isnt that a UIL restriction? I thought Langston believed in second chances. He got one!!!![/quote]

[quote]UIL is very specific on what you can and cannot do within an athletic program. Many of the things I have heard are going on are violations of UIL athletic policy. Requiring athletes to attend summer workouts is a violation, requiring them to come twice a day is violation, rewarding athletes with parties and prizes for participation is a violation, opening up the summer workouts for seventh graders is a violation. Check out the UIL athletic webpage.[/quote]

He seems to have this little rule violation problem doesn't he...

January 2009, Trinity Topix:

[quote]Chuck Langston is on probation with the NCAA until 2010. He was the head coach of Central Oklahoma University. He violated many NCAA rules. The football program at Central University as well was put on three years probation. All you have to do is search on MSN, Yahoo, Google, ETC... It will tell you all about the recruiting violations this coach performed. How can the superintendent and school board even consider this guy. How can this guy be what's right for Trinity. According to one source Langston is the superintendent of Trinity son's youth basketball coach. Maybe thats the connection. The question is, is this what Trinity needs and wants? Somebody who has a history of cheating or somebody who is honest and going to lead the kids of trinity in the right direction.[/quote]

answered with:

[quote]You answered your own question. Someone who cheats, or somwone who is honest. This is the United States of Trinity! Cheaters always win here. So do not be surprised if someone who is on probation does get the job. That's the problem. Trinity has a bad rep due to people that dont care. But what about the people who do care? Who want a better Trinity? Trinity should want someone honest, not someone willing to teach the kids that winning is everything. [/quote]

and...

[quote]Assuming this is the same guy - yeah, there are quite a few articles on the internet.
Surely this hiring is just a rumor???[/quote]

[quote]How can you not know you are violating rules and regulations. Right is right and wrong is wrong. There are no excuses for doing wrong period. If he was non knowingly doing wrong then he would have won his appeal with the NCAA.And by the way Groveton football is not Groveton football anymore. (since Langston was there)[/quote]

[quote]Taking a postion in groveton as the JH PE teacher and a assistant coach would be a demotion in my book from a College Football Coach especially a Head College Football Coach. So if no one else would hire him for a AD job , I am just assuming due to his wonderful resume of numerous NCAA violations and the fact that he cannot coach at a NCAA school til 2010 then why are considering him at all????? Move on we have many great coaches to chose from . I dont want my sons or daughters athletic career tarnished by a cheater in NCAA terms. I also teach my kids morals and those are not in my book of good morals.[/quote]

[quote]Your exactly right THE BOTTOM LINE. We don't want another hand me down Groveton coach, like Hill. I guess hiring someone with his record shows what Groveton's character really is. If they hire langston, he will be gone in a year or so, and the good coaches that are here now will be gone too, and the cycle will start again. We will have a bunch of coaches that could care less about our kids,and looking for a new AD.[/quote]

[quote]Let the school board know how you feel. If you have kids in THS dont stand for this. IF this hiring of langston takes place i will pull my kid out of trinity.[/quote]

[quote]why is Rice's kid and other kids from Trinity in a basketball program coached by Langston in Huntsville instead of supporting and building the programs in Trinity. Just wondering?[/quote]

[quote]The last thing we need is a coach with a scandalous background as our ad. You can't tell me that a college coach suspended from the NCAA,that now holds a Jr. High coaching position, is the right man for the job. Someone is defending his character on this blog when the man broke numerous NCAA rules. That tells me enough about his character and decision making skills to run a successful program. Trinity doesn't need another problem. We don't need someone we can't trust and that has been decietful in the past. I'm sure he is likable but I have read enough articles that I find it very hard to have respect for Langston. [/quote]

[quote]This guy broke NCAA rules, and knowingly did so, and was found guilty of doing such. Yes, I understand the "morally challenging" side of his story. Poor college football players asking for a little cash under the table as help, and I can understand that it would be hard to want to say no. I also believe that college players should be paid a little, but THEY ARE NOT. You know what happens when a coach of faculty member does such? Those "Paid" players go tell their buddies back home, and here goes the easy recruiting, or should I say "cheating". While it would be nice for coaches to be alowed to give players cash for food, free rent, etc.... it violates NCAA rules, and rules are there for GOOD REASONS. This guy from what I have heard is a nice guy, and yes, in my opinion he diserves another chance, but he has about 100 other places in East Texas alone he can also try so don't ask me to feel sorry for him.
[/quote]

[quote]Mr Langston was not only sancationed on charity acts He was also paying JUCO tuition for players, not scholarships. Also the surgery was that of non-player that he was paying to get them on the team. High School has insurance for players. THe NCAA has rules just as God has commandments. A lier and cheater is still just that. Even the preacher would not condem that. Forgiveness was given to all but does not mean that we have to hand over our children to that individual and allow them to be a major role model in their lives. I have raised my kids with high morals and goals just as you, I will continue and expect just that. Langston as a person for face value maybe the best man in Church but he has made mistakes that I do not wish my children to be part of. Yes a state championship will be nice when it is our time, life is not about the rewards it is about what you have give back then the award will find you.[/quote]

As I said, there are not many of us in Trinity, so more than 25 pages of the above should tell you a bit about how our town felt, and feels, about Langston, then and now.

Trinitard

This is so much 1 sided BS!!!!!!  You obviously did not like him at Trinity so you fail as others did to put both sides out there.

Let the man be!!!!!  He didn't get the job!! Let it rest!! 

I pray for people like you who never have your job on the line, at the hands of kids, and on display for all to see. Yet spout off at the mouth about these guys

I would hope people on this site would be smarter then others and go read for yourself!!!  One sided info too funny! 

Praying for you buddy!  Hope you fell better kicking a man when he's down.  God Bless America!!  Can't even get a new start in your own home town. Peace!

[quote name="Trinitard" post="1187808" timestamp="1330470613"]
That is beyond amusing.

You can't stand to hear a single word against this loser, so you tell everyone to look up remarks made by residents of the tiny town the guy was coaching at after getting kicked out of college ball. Did you think our local population too ignorant to know about this website? Did you think we wouldn't notice? You asked for Trinity residents, and here we are. Don't like it? Too bad.

The only BS is your over the top hype for this guy (would you be his assistant by any chance?) who has been caught repeatedly violating rules, both at College level and High School. Don't like the fact that some people will actually state the facts instead of just blindly believe the hype? Tough sh*t.

Frankly the man's abysmal numbers speak for themselves:

In the past 3 years he not won 5 games in a single season, at any school. Can you dispute that? I didn't think so. It is a B&W fact.

He was fired from College ball for violating the rules, banned for a couple of years from college ball, and got the college itself put on a 3 year probation. Deny it? I know you can't. All you can do is talk AROUND the facts.
[/quote]
Ok your a newbie so we can give you some benefit of the doubt.  But why should we believe you folks--ya'll probably dont even have a Wallmart.  So your economy relies totally on imports and then you run them off.