Chuck Langston for West Brook football Job

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known Chuck Langston my entire life. We played sports together, graduated from WBHS together, and we are still friends to this day. Chuck was an All-State football player and WBHS in 1991, went on PLAY at OU for four years under Rex Ryan-after his playing days were over he coached at OU. He went on to continue to coach at the college level for several years including head coaching positions. He has also been a HS head coach and AD. To say he knows and understands the game of football is an understatement. His work ethic and dedication will be unmatched. Chuck was born and raised here-He cares about WBHS and the community. This would be more than a job to him. I assure you, Chuck treats all kids and family with respect and will in steal proper values in each kid and will embrace each one as his own. I hope the decision makers look hard at Chuck, he will represent this community with a high degree of professionalism and will be an asset to the school, community and will be a true role model for these kids. We would be extremely fortunate to get him. Good Luck to him....

Guest sportsmack
Played with chuck at WB in 1990. He is a great guy and a great coach. I always liked Chuck except when Hentchel pissed him off because he was getting hooked by some OG, so we ran the same play over and over till Coach approved of the beating taken. Anyway, good times! I have missed Chuck and hope he gets the JOB!

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1172428" timestamp="1328459285"]
Glade to hear he has interest! Chuck is the man for the WB job!!  Any internal hire would mean BISD is looking to kill the program completely!
[/quote]

2 items:  One, why if BISD hired any of the assistance there or Coach Metoyer would that be a death nail to the program.  I know Bowser and Kirby, and Metoyer, and they're all good men who do this for the kids.  #2, I thought C. Langston was @Trinity Valley CC.  He recruited a couple of players from WO-S and WB back 6 years ago....

#1a:  it's always nice of PA to show deep hearted concern for WB.  That's real love!!  ;D
#1b: Place all resumes side by side.  They can't touch Langstons experience.  All of the guys are great and I hope they all become head coaches someday. But at this time a hire within would show Bisd is content with where WB is headed. (and where they are stearing it) I'm sure your content in PA as well with your first win in 6 try's. + Chuck is just as much in it for the kids as any other.
#1c:  it's my opinion your welcome to your own.  BISD will ultimately choose from the cards they have been dealt. I personally feel Chuck is the better card.  If there is another.... Let's discuss....

#2Chuck was at TVCC from '99 to '02

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1173213" timestamp="1328575771"]
#1a:  it's always nice of PA to show deep hearted concern for WB.  That's real love!!  ;D
#1b: Place all resumes side by side.  They can't touch Langstons experience.  All of the guys are great and I hope they all become head coaches someday. But at this time a hire within would show Bisd is content with where WB is headed. (and where they are stearing it) I'm sure your content in PA as well with your first win in 6 try's. + Chuck is just as much in it for the kids as any other.
#1c:  it's my opinion your welcome to your own.  BISD will ultimately choose from the cards they have been dealt. I personally feel Chuck is the better card.  If there is another.... Let's discuss....

#2Chuck was at TVCC from '99 to '02
[/quote]Are you saying that you are not confortable with brining in a guy that was on Stump's coaching staff to steer the program in the 'right' direction?  Aren't those Stump's guys? 

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1173351" timestamp="1328624187"]
If the program were headed in the right direction, do you think Stump would be in Atascosita?  Why have a Stump guy,  when you could have had Stump himself?

If it were only local guys in the mix, then choose the best one and let's go to work. Reality is you have a better choice now in the deck.

It's the experiance
[/quote]Leave it up to 'some', it is still 'uncertain' why Stump left, even though there were articles stating why.  I just think that if Stump have been grooming these guys, I don't see why it would be a hard transition for the kids.  They will run the same system.  The kids have familiarity.  I think it's a win/win situation for the kids, which is what is important. 

I don't disagree if one is hired from outside the district.  My question is about Langston and coaching in HS football in Texas.  What happened at his last job?  I also googled his name and read an article from when he was fired at Central Oklahoma and it talked about NCAA rules violations, No control over his athletic programs, and no more than five wins over any one of his last three seasons.  So my question is if he has been fired from at least two jobs that are known, then how does that qualify him as the "Greatest Guy" for WB to hire.  I don't doubt the knowledge of the game, but you better be able to communicate that to the kids, as well as relate to the WB kids of 2012.  That is what will make him the best candidate for the WB HFC, and not weather or not he worked under Rex Ryan or whatever some think make him great.

If coaches could not coach after being fired then how many NFL coaches would be out of a job? How many coaches at every level, in every sport, would be looking for work

If your researching then hurry up and get to the part about what was violated.  He was helping kids!  If helping kids out is his biggest fault then he's still the guy for WB 2012

Soulja your not giving the kids enough credit. Did they not adjust to Stump. 

UCO President said "after an internal investigation by the University that during Langston's tenure he had failed to exercise institutional control and monitor the administration of it's own football program."  In a separate article it read that during Langston's tenure there had been multiple NCAA Violations and the University was place on 3 years probation following his firing.  Also why was he fired at Trinity HS this fall?

[quote name="setxguru" post="1173438" timestamp="1328633039"]
UCO President said "after an internal investigation by the University that during Langston's tenure he had failed to exercise institutional control and monitor the administration of it's own football program."  In a separate article it read that during Langston's tenure there had been multiple NCAA Violations and the University was place on 3 years probation following his firing.  Also why was he fired at Trinity HS this fall?
[/quote]

Please note the HE, the president is referring to, is himself.  The 'multiple' violations was for it being more than one kid, and it happened all at once.  You left out the part about how the president regretted making the decision because I quote " I enjoyed my relationship with him"