VIDEO - Silsbee BUZZER BEATER shocks the Hawks

ljeicp08

[quote name="football" post="1160037" timestamp="1326575109"]
Notice the thuggish behavior of the Silsbee fans and one player in particular.  Celebrate with your team and fans.  You are reprehensible when you run across the court to taunt the other fans.
[/quote]Dude!  You are over-reacting.

That is just some happy fans celebrating an incredible victory.  Its not like the cheerleaders from 2008 who went and taunted our hecklers...... ok, they probably deserved it.  That's just sheer joy coming out!

Save the "thug" comments for the thugs.

BTW, great shot at the buzzer.  He may not make it ever again, but when it counted, he made it.  That's all that counts.  Period.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1160039" timestamp="1326575548"]
[quote author=football link=topic=94273.msg1160037#msg1160037 date=1326575109]
Notice the thuggish behavior of the Silsbee fans and one player in particular.  Celebrate with your team and fans.  You are reprehensible when you run across the court to taunt the other fans.
[/quote]Dude!  You are over-reacting.

That is just some happy fans celebrating an incredible victory.  Its not like the cheerleaders from 2008 who went and taunted our hecklers...... ok, they probably deserved it.  That's just sheer joy coming out!

Save the "thug" comments for the thugs.

BTW, great shot at the buzzer.  He may not make it ever again, but when it counted, he made it.  That's all that counts.  Period.
[/quote]

Well said, FanintheStands.

[quote name="football" post="1160037" timestamp="1326575109"]
[/quote]You kill me, dude.

You point out one guy and lump everybody in with him.

actually, there was a PLAYER (wore long sleeves under his jersey), not a fan that did run directly over to the HJ side of the bleachers with his fists up.  he was swearing at a group of women and had to be taken off by an officer.  i was one of those women.  i'm not sure what he wanted me to do....

Thug was definitely the correct word to use describing the actions of a couple of Silsbee players, as well as some Silsbee fans.

#1 -- It was not good enough for them to win, they felt the need to come across the court to celebrate in the faces of fans, and to take their shirts off, put up their fists (lick their thumbs no less), as if they wanted to fight.

#2 -- This behavior went on the entire game.  After a made shot, their players would clap in the face of HJ players, or scream in their face, or holler at the fans.

More than anything I lost a ton of respect for the Silsbee coaching staff.  I understand that you can only control how a high school athlete reacts to a certain extent, but the easy solution is to yank the kid from the game.  Hopefully after playing against HJ a few more teams, this coach and these players from Silsbee will learn some class.  Act like you've been there before.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="thestos" post="1160520" timestamp="1326642840"]
Thug was definitely the correct word to use describing the actions of a couple of Silsbee players, as well as some Silsbee fans.

#1 -- It was not good enough for them to win, they felt the need to come across the court to celebrate in the faces of fans, and to take their shirts off, put up their fists (lick their thumbs no less), as if they wanted to fight.

#2 -- This behavior went on the entire game.  After a made shot, their players would clap in the face of HJ players, or scream in their face, or holler at the fans.

More than anything I lost a ton of respect for the Silsbee coaching staff.  I understand that you can only control how a high school athlete reacts to a certain extent, but the easy solution is to yank the kid from the game.  Hopefully after playing against HJ a few more teams, this coach and these players from Silsbee will learn some class.  Act like you've been there before.
[/quote]
I'll let your point #1 slide, although I believe it to be over stated.  Your point #2 is pure BS!  The Silsbee players were no more or no less exhuberiant after a score than were the Hawks.  It is truly a phenomanon how each team's fans see the opposite sides of any given incidence or situation.  Both teams have been there before - many times for both.  Get rid of the tired cliche'.  And, somehow I hope the Silsbee coaching staff can deal with the ton on respect that you lost for them.  Where it counts, here in Silsbee, there was no loss of respect for anybody (including the Hawks team and their Coaches - always a class act).  Why don't you act like you've been in a close game and lost before - it will help with your ulcers.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1160546" timestamp="1326649351"]
[quote author=thestos link=topic=94273.msg1160520#msg1160520 date=1326642840]

[/quote]
I'll let your point #1 slide, although I believe it to be over stated.  Your point #2 is pure BS!  The Silsbee players were no more or no less exhuberiant after a score than were the Hawks.  It is truly a phenomanon how each team's fans see the opposite sides of any given incidence or situation.  Both teams have been there before - many times for both.  Get rid of the tired cliche'.  And, somehow I hope the Silsbee coaching staff can deal with the ton on respect that you lost for them.  Where it counts, here in Silsbee, there was no loss of respect for anybody (including the Hawks team and their Coaches - always a class act).  Why don't you act like you've been in a close game and lost before - it will help with your ulcers.
[/quote]

Very well stated  TV.

[quote name="thestos" post="1160520" timestamp="1326642840"]

Stop crying like a little baby bro! "I lost respect for the Silsbee coaches". Really? So when Silsbee comes to HJ and all of the local Goons and Gremlins come out, how will your reaction be? Your respect has been lost!

[/quote]

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="thestos" post="1160734" timestamp="1326660140"]
Myopia...look it up
[/quote]
thestos, I don't know who you are or what your educational level is but I certainly can detect the superior attitude that you possess.  I didn't have to look it up - believe it or not I knew the meaning of the word.  Why do you assume everyone is Silsbee is uneducated or retarded?  I know several people that support the Hawks that I like and they don't seem to have the "Nose in the air" posture that you take.  What is your problem, Man?  Or maybe it's Maam?

[quote name="thestos" post="1160882" timestamp="1326668740"]
Sorry...it was the actions of the fans and players that made me assume.  I apologize.  I will try not to judge based on actions in the future.  Please provide some criteria by which I should judge going forward.
[/quote]

Why judge at all? ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder