21-3A predictions

Bobcat1

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1146992" timestamp="1324002831"]
[quote author=Chasmack link=topic=93114.msg1146974#msg1146974 date=1324001133]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=93114.msg1146866#msg1146866 date=1323989563]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93114.msg1146849#msg1146849 date=1323988205]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=93114.msg1146818#msg1146818 date=1323984216]
if it was about 21-3A then you would have to include ((whispering) HJ) and according to WOS grad, everyone gets sick of hearing those two letters together or god forbid someone take up for them, so it was deleted so the constituents of the board wouldn't get in a uproar for having to read anything about ((whispering)HJ). Although I feel differently, I think WOS, HF, Silsbee,& of course HJ, all have very good basketball teams and will make this season very good in District play. 
[/quote]

Why the heck is my name dragged into it.  Boy
[/quote]

Sorry still upset about the reference of god taking a dump on sour lake, and you still wouldn't answer my PM...but I'm getting over it slowly...  :o :o  8)  ;)  :D
[/quote]

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated.

WOSGrad, is it true what PoppaBearstarr has quoted you as saying about Sour Lake?  I hope not.  I am not a resident of Sour Lake, but I would find this disrespctful if I was one. I guess you must have one set of rules for yourself  and another for the rest of the posters on this board if it is true you made that statement in a post.  Hopefully PoppaBearstarr is speaking with his tongue implanted in his cheek.  ;)
[/quote]

Fair enough, I will show the quote I made:

"However, I am somewhat disheartened at what seems to an accelerated pace of what was already to many here a disturbing trend of every thread somehow becoming a debate on whether the sun does not rise until Todd Sutherland opens his eyes in the morning versus the opinion that Sour Lake, Texas is obviously God's Toilet because it is obvious that he took a a dump there."

As you can see, I never said that I believed that Sour Lake was God' Toilet.  I was merely stating that I was disturbed about the degeneration of every thread (including now this one) into a referendum on the HJ basketball program.  Not all HJ folks found this offensive.  In fact, the first response to my post was from a diehard HJ fan who in fact had started a thread in an attempt to tackle the very same problem.

In fact, the first person I banned due to this continued problem was not an HJ poster but rather a Silsbee die hard.  But due to selective reading, I am not persona non grata in Sour Lake, Texas.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.  I see that the statement was a remark on the size of the rift between the posters on any threads where HJ Basketball is mentioned and not deragatory toward Sour Lake.  Sorry for straying from the thread.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Picks: T1.Silsbee(9-1)
                T1.HJ(9-1)
                  T3.WOS(5-5)
                  T3.HF (5-5)
                  5.OF (3-7)
                  6.BC (2-9)

I think HJ and Silsbee will win their games at home so they will play a tiebreaker for 1st. And I think WOS and HF will tie for the last playoff spot!! Could be an interesting district this year!!! Jan.13 Cant Get Here Fast Enough!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1146938" timestamp="1323996439"]
[quote author=BufortTJustice link=topic=93114.msg1146933#msg1146933 date=1323996133]
Is Forum Rule 18 ever enforced here?  Do the rules apply to the moderators as well?
[/quote]

And that is warning #1 for you. Y'all can keep this coming folks.
[/quote]

You must get a rise out of handing out citations on a message board.  I find it really humorous!!!

[quote name="sleepy" post="1147118" timestamp="1324043397"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93114.msg1146938#msg1146938 date=1323996439]
[quote author=BufortTJustice link=topic=93114.msg1146933#msg1146933 date=1323996133]
Is Forum Rule 18 ever enforced here?  Do the rules apply to the moderators as well?
[/quote]

And that is warning #1 for you. Y'all can keep this coming folks.
[/quote]

You must get a rise out of handing out citations on a message board.  I find it really humorous!!!
[/quote]

Im glad you do. Because you are the latest.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1146992" timestamp="1324002831"]
[quote author=Chasmack link=topic=93114.msg1146974#msg1146974 date=1324001133]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=93114.msg1146866#msg1146866 date=1323989563]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93114.msg1146849#msg1146849 date=1323988205]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=93114.msg1146818#msg1146818 date=1323984216]
if it was about 21-3A then you would have to include ((whispering) HJ) and according to WOS grad, everyone gets sick of hearing those two letters together or god forbid someone take up for them, so it was deleted so the constituents of the board wouldn't get in a uproar for having to read anything about ((whispering)HJ). Although I feel differently, I think WOS, HF, Silsbee,& of course HJ, all have very good basketball teams and will make this season very good in District play. 
[/quote]

Why the heck is my name dragged into it.  Boy
[/quote]

Sorry still upset about the reference of god taking a dump on sour lake, and you still wouldn't answer my PM...but I'm getting over it slowly...  :o :o  8)  ;)  :D
[/quote]

17) The admins and moderators here are volunteers. They dedicate a portion of their time to helping us with the forums. No abuse or disrespect of any of the admins or moderators will be tolerated.

WOSGrad, is it true what PoppaBearstarr has quoted you as saying about Sour Lake?  I hope not.  I am not a resident of Sour Lake, but I would find this disrespctful if I was one. I guess you must have one set of rules for yourself  and another for the rest of the posters on this board if it is true you made that statement in a post.  Hopefully PoppaBearstarr is speaking with his tongue implanted in his cheek.  ;)
[/quote]

Fair enough, I will show the quote I made:

"However, I am somewhat disheartened at what seems to an accelerated pace of what was already to many here a disturbing trend of every thread somehow becoming a debate on whether the sun does not rise until Todd Sutherland opens his eyes in the morning versus the opinion that Sour Lake, Texas is obviously God's Toilet because it is obvious that he took a a dump there."

As you can see, I never said that I believed that Sour Lake was God' Toilet.  I was merely stating that I was disturbed about the degeneration of every thread (including now this one) into a referendum on the HJ basketball program.  Not all HJ folks found this offensive.  In fact, the first response to my post was from a diehard HJ fan who in fact had started a thread in an attempt to tackle the very same problem.

In fact, the first person I banned due to this continued problem was not an HJ poster but rather a Silsbee die hard.  But due to selective reading, I am not persona non grata in Sour Lake, Texas.
[/quote]

and my next comment was that I had to read it twice before I actually understood what you wrote. I even admitted I didn't read it thoroughly, I said I was somewhat offended by the statement, that surely no one really feels that way about sour lake. however I did understand the gist of it, i just didn't think it should have been worded that way. The [b]reference[/b] is what I quoted, I never thought that you believed it. I thought you could have just said; There are some that feel very strongly in favor of and there are some that cant stand HJ. That is true. I do realize that no one is perfect, because I wish I had a dollar for every time I wanted to retract a statement. I do appreciate and respect the moderators for all of the time that they spend "keeping it clean" on this site, I just didn't agree with the way it was handled and apparently others didn't either because the thread was deleted right after I posted my response. Again I understood the gist of the comment, and I applaud you for trying to stop what was happening. I know that this is not on topic so I will get back there now.

As far as the predictions go I see them like this.
1.HJ
2.Silsbee
3.WOS
4.HF

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1147457" timestamp="1324072951"]
I think it might become more interesting between WO-S and HF during the final few weeks in district play. It really doesn't matter if Silsbee or HJ come in first.  Their on a whole different mindset. To make it to State. Anything less is not okay.
[/quote]I agree. Good post Bluedove.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1147993" timestamp="1324169310"]
Doesn't Sisbee have almost all juniors? I expect Silsbee to win at least one vs HJ. Both teams will win on their own home court.
[/quote]
I do hope you are right on this one, Claus.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1148048" timestamp="1324175337"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=93114.msg1147993#msg1147993 date=1324169310]
[b]Doesn't Sisbee have almost all juniors[/b]? I expect Silsbee to win at least one vs HJ. Both teams will win on their own home court.
[/quote]

Of the 12 of varsity:

1 senior
8 juniors
3 soph.
[/quote]
The roster at the ticket table actually lists two seniors: Kelton and Turner.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder