**#1 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. LC-M BROADCAST THREAD**/H-J WINS 55-34!

Lazeek

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LC-M has a couple of decent shooting guards, it seemed to me they just didn't work on getting them enough shots. Their two big post kept things clogged up down low and forced us to do more perimeter shooting, which is usually ok with us but we seemed a little flat at times and made some bad decisions. It was a slug fest down in the paint.

Combination of things.

1.  HJ shot as bad on open shots as I have seen in years, yes years!!!
2.  LCM really struggled with the pressure from HJ.
3.  The Big for LCM tries to do too much IMO.  Although he is very good!
4.  I saw signs of fatigue in the Hawks last night.
5.  I saw some frustration on a few Hawks last night as well.
6.  Game was very physical.

May add more later.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="setxslam" post="1141423" timestamp="1323269686"]
LCM lost because they turned it over way too much.
[/quote]

?? 21 points margin ??  Has to more than just that causing the loss. ???

There may be a few things to work on, but a 20+ win is nothing but positive.  From what I hear, LC-M had it clogged inthe middle, but you have players like the young gun Bosha and other players that can hit it from downtown.  Prudhomme also seems to have a nice midrange game.  and from what I gather, you pressure D gave the Bears fits, as it will with a lot of teams you face this year.  Realize that you won't always beat medeocre or bad teams by30 or 40+.  Take these wins, get better, and get ready for a deep playoff push, as I pretty much expect...

Great post soulja, I was about to say the same thing, but I think that LCM is more than mediocre they play very good defense and are coached very well, there big in the post is very good. They did clog the middle which left the outside open for some of our sharpshooters in Bosha, Devante, and the freshman Martel with one that ended the half as the buzzer sounded...No they didn't look sharp, yes they looked a little tired but that is to be expected this time of year......GO HAWKS!!!

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1141682" timestamp="1323293242"]
Great post soulja, I was about to say the same thing, but I think that LCM is more than mediocre they play very good defense and are coached very well, there big in the post is very good. They did clog the middle which left the outside open for some of our sharpshooters in Bosha, Devante, and the freshman Martel with one that ended the half as the buzzer sounded...No they didn't look sharp, yes they looked a little tired but that is to be expected this time of year......GO HAWKS!!!
[/quote]Tired? So early? But what about all that cross-country running?  :-\

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1142007" timestamp="1323355560"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=92708.msg1141682#msg1141682 date=1323293242]
[/quote]

Aerobic capacity and mental fatigue are two different things.  When someone said they didnt look sharp, perhaps a better description could have been uninspired.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1142007" timestamp="1323355560"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=92708.msg1141682#msg1141682 date=1323293242]
[/quote]7 games in 5 days?  I'd say "Tired" is quite adequate a description.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1142031" timestamp="1323357015"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92708.msg1142007#msg1142007 date=1323355560]
[/quote]7 games in 5 days?  I'd say "Tired" is quite adequate a description.
[/quote]They were blow-outs. Everybody played! :-\

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1142042" timestamp="1323357343"]
How yall gonna beat Silsbee in a race on the court?
[/quote]

I believe its more than just  a race.  Who knows, maybe HJ will get more rebounds or take higher percentage shots and defend better.

[quote name="sleepy" post="1142050" timestamp="1323357762"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92708.msg1142042#msg1142042 date=1323357343]
[/quote]

I believe its more than just  a race.  Who knows, maybe HJ will get more rebounds or take higher percentage shots and defend better.
[/quote]Or maybe Silsbee's speed will offset all those variables you mentioned ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1142183" timestamp="1323368173"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92708.msg1142061#msg1142061 date=1323358387]
Oh, I think you guys are forgetting one important variable not mentioned yet. The Silsbee coach knows how to coach too.
[/quote]
And how is that different from any other year?
[/quote]This guy can coach. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1142058" timestamp="1323358300"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=92708.msg1142050#msg1142050 date=1323357762]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92708.msg1142042#msg1142042 date=1323357343]
[/quote]

[/quote]Or maybe Silsbee's speed will offset all those variables you mentioned ;)
[/quote]

this is as fast an HJ team as i've seen in recent years.  i think HJ will be okay.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami