What is the UIL going to do about LaMarque

Z04AEA

Just so folks know the truth, contrary to what some rouge Galveston reporter tweeted, UIL did not make any ruling with this case nor did they make any statement clearing LaMarque of any wrong doing. The statement saying that UIL stated that LaMarque did nothing to start the brawl is just plain bogus. UIL has not made any statement, let alone that statement.

The fact is, UIL will not be making any ruling on this situation.

Bottom line, both teams were at fault.

Lets move on.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougartino" post="1134216" timestamp="1322546228"]
According to a Galveston County sportswriter, "Source: UIL clears La Marque of any wrong doing regarding the brawl with Ozen Saturday. No discipline coming from UIL." And, "Source: UIL determined that La Marque did nothing to start the brawl, and thus was not responsible for its occurrence."
[/quote]
Even [b]if[/b] Ozen did start the "brawl," and that's a big if, LM players choose their response.  They could have chose get away from the situation but did not.  No matter who started it, one side has to be the bigger, smarter men and end it.  That did not happen.  You can be right...right up to the time you cross the line into being wrong.  The failure to stop fighting is as wrong as starting the melee.  Based on past experience, I am certain the truth is somewhere between the two sides' stories and that both sides had their instigators....it takes two to Tango.  Both team's are wrong.  It's appalling that any adult would try to excuse any of this behavior.  The players are responsible for their own actions and reactions period.  They had choices on both sides and made bad decisions.  These players would have been arrested in another setting which causes me to be concerned about their future if they cannot control their anger.  How to help them in this area should be the focus not the next football game. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1134266" timestamp="1322573785"]
Just so folks know the truth, contrary to what some rouge Galveston reporter tweeted, UIL did not make any ruling with this case nor did they make any statement clearing LaMarque of any wrong doing. The statement saying that UIL stated that LaMarque did nothing to start the brawl is just plain bogus. UIL has not made any statement, let alone that statement.

Lets move on.
[/quote]

"Ed Stidham, UIL compliance director, said disciplinary action will be left up to the school districts because the incident occurred after the game.

"It would have been handled entirely different (if it happened during the game)" he said."

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/texas/article/Authorities-don-t-plan-to-seek-charges-in-Ozen-La-2301537.php#ixzz1f6T30CYWhttp://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/texas/article/Authorities-don-t-plan-to-seek-charges-in-Ozen-La-2301537.php

Yes Lets move on.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1134261" timestamp="1322573535"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92332.msg1134216#msg1134216 date=1322546228]
According to a Galveston County sportswriter, "Source: UIL clears La Marque of any wrong doing regarding the brawl with Ozen Saturday. No discipline coming from UIL." And, "Source: UIL determined that La Marque did nothing to start the brawl, and thus was not responsible for its occurrence."
[/quote]

Any word on discipline for Ozen, the coaches and the officials who failed to control the situation? Or is UIL basically saying the two brawls were non-events?

And I guess we know now that the UIL does not object to players leaving their benches to fight. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other sports league that condones that.
[/qupi]i think lm would feel right at home in a hockey league. When their football team folds I think hockey may be their ticket.

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1134277" timestamp="1322575035"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=92332.msg1134266#msg1134266 date=1322573785]

Lets move on.
[/quote]

[b]"Ed Stidham, UIL compliance director, said disciplinary action will be left up to the school districts because the incident occurred after the game.[/b]
[b]"It would have been handled entirely different (if it happened during the game)" he said."[/b]Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/texas/article/Authorities-don-t-plan-to-seek-charges-in-Ozen-La-2301537.php#ixzz1f6T30CYWhttp://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/texas/article/Authorities-don-t-plan-to-seek-charges-in-Ozen-La-2301537.php

Yes Lets move on.
[/quote]

That's a chicken way to get out of having to make a decision.  DIdn't this whole mess start in the 4th qtr OF THE GAME ??  This joker has no backbone apparently.  SOunds to me like he just didn't want to become invovled in what has now turned in to a very messy situation.  Pass the buck...what the heck is that teaching the kids involved??

In any event, it was at a UIL event and DID happen on the field.  So what the game clock had ticked down.  Does that excuse this type of behavior???  When my kids were invovled in extra-curricular activities, they were responsible to the school/coaches/teachers for proper behavior (based on school guidelines), until such time as they were off the bus after the ride home and off school property.  After that it was up to me and their mother to be responsible for their behavior.  (And God help them if they screwed up!!) 

[quote name="LM2000" post="1133691" timestamp="1322507839"]
We havent had this problem before. We will always get hatred from a lot   
of people no matter what we do. So we'll just keep winning
[/quote]
My only experience with LaMarque before this incident occurring last saturday was when Lumberton played them a couple years back in the playoffs. Their team had a bad attitude back then as well although no fights started. Before the game, their players were acting arrogant and actually taunting the fans on our side. After the game and they lost, many of their players and several of their coaches (where the attitude really comes from) refused to shake hands with our players and coaches, opting instead to storm off the field into the field house. I've heard that this bad attitude is the norm and if this is the case, maybe the school district needs to try again in hiring a new head coach.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1134466" timestamp="1322587451"]
[quote author=LM2000 link=topic=92332.msg1133691#msg1133691 date=1322507839]
[/quote]
My only experience with LaMarque before this incident occurring last saturday was when Lumberton played them a couple years back in the playoffs. Their team had a bad attitude back then as well although no fights started. Before the game, their players were acting arrogant and actually taunting the fans on our side. After the game and they lost, many of their players and several of their coaches (where the attitude really comes from) refused to shake hands with our players and coaches, opting instead to storm off the field into the field house. I've heard that this bad attitude is the norm and if this is the case, maybe the school district needs to try again in hiring a new head coach.
[/quote]

The coach who was with LM for that game is long gone. Has been for YEARS! WOW, Is Lumberton STILL  celebrating. Its been what 5 years?

A quote from the article:

[i][b]"La Marque head coach Mike Jackson said he was disappointed that the fight was the topic of discussion rather than his team's ascending to the quarterfinal round of the playoffs."[/b][/i]

This statement right here shows how spoiled and arrogant this team is. This right here is why everyone does not like La Marque.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1134518" timestamp="1322590974"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=92332.msg1134466#msg1134466 date=1322587451]
[/quote]
[/quote]

The coach who was with LM for that game is long gone. Has been for YEARS! WOW, Is Lumberton STILL  celebrating. Its been what 5 years?
[/quote]

And the head coach may have been fired but has every single coach that "refused to shake hands" with the Lumberton players been fired? I don't think so and even if you do fire all the coaches from the team and start completely over it still takes more than that to install a new attitude into that school. Its not just football. Its the school. We can all see that from the declining enrollment numbers.

[quote name="vp32" post="1134525" timestamp="1322591520"]

[i][b]"La Marque head coach Mike Jackson said he was disappointed that the fight was the topic of discussion rather than his team's ascending to the quarterfinal round of the playoffs."[/b][/i]

This statement right here shows how spoiled and arrogant this team is. This right here is why everyone does not like La Marque.

[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=92332.msg1134518#msg1134518 date=1322590974]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=92332.msg1134466#msg1134466 date=1322587451]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And the head coach may have been fired but has every single coach that "refused to shake hands" with the Lumberton players been fired? I don't think so and even if you do fire all the coaches from the team and start completely over it still takes more than that to install a new attitude into that school. Its not just football. Its the school. We can all see that from the declining enrollment numbers.
[/quote]

I find it hilarious that someone from Vidor is attacking someone else's reputation. Dude La Marque's town is like a lot of towns across the country, that is feeling the pain of the economic downturn. It's proximity to chemical plants also doesn't help it in terms of construction of new homes. It has nothing to do with the town's football team. [b]Both teams acted like jerks[/b] & BISD has had its own problems of late

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/2011/11/28/the-season-of-pepper-spray-hits-beaumont-so-whos-at-fault/ 

so check yourself. But your problem with LM is really obvious.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1134548" timestamp="1322592581"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92332.msg1134525#msg1134525 date=1322591520]

[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=92332.msg1134518#msg1134518 date=1322590974]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I find it hilarious that someone from Vidor is attacking someone else's reputation. Dude La Marque's town is like a lot of towns across the country, that is feeling the pain of the economic downturn. It's proximity to chemical plants also doesn't help it in terms of construction of new homes. It has nothing to do with the town's football team. [b]Both teams acted like jerks[/b] & BISD has had its own problems of late

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/2011/11/28/the-season-of-pepper-spray-hits-beaumont-so-whos-at-fault/ 

[/quote]
If you actually read some stuff on here you would see that i wrote earlier that i had no problem with La Marque. I was actually a fan of them because they were a school with low numbers that was still competing with the best in the state and winning some but that was until this happened i heard about the Lumberton thing and i actually realized why your numbers were declining. And if a power plant is to blame for the reason your numbers are declining then what about PNG and Nederland. I'm pretty sure that when i was driving towards the PNG game this year that i passed a few plants. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. And we all know PA has some plants and yet they are 5A.

[quote name="vp32" post="1134559" timestamp="1322593074"]
[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=92332.msg1134548#msg1134548 date=1322592581]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
If you actually read some stuff on here you would see that i wrote earlier that i had no problem with La Marque. I was actually a fan of them because they were a school with low numbers that was still competing with the best in the state and winning some but that was until this happened i heard about the Lumberton thing and i actually realized why your numbers were declining. And if a power plant is to blame for the reason your numbers are declining then what about PNG and Nederland. I'm pretty sure that when i was driving towards the PNG game this year that i passed a few plants. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. And we all know PA has some plants and yet they are 5A.
[/quote]
Maybe those places have not been hit as hard economically as La marque's town. Hurricane Ike was devastating, when combined with the economic downturn the town is hurting. BP is currently selling its plant & more jobs will be lost (or moved). Trust those decisions are not made over some teenage jerks pushing & shoving after a football game. Its about money. Unless new industry moves to the area, there will be no new construction and less jobs. Which means less students.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]I find it hilarious that someone from Vidor is attacking someone else's reputation[/b]. Dude La Marque's town is like a lot of towns across the country, that is feeling the pain of the economic downturn. It's proximity to chemical plants also doesn't help it in terms of construction of new homes. It has nothing to do with the town's football team. [b]Both teams acted like jerks[/b] & BISD has had its own problems of late

[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he misinterpereted what the coach ment, which is simply it was a shame that this happened and is overshadowing LM's run for state. Now, if you stay on here long enough, you will notice that VP32 will argue with everyone including others from Vidor. I think he likes stirring the pot and he is good at it. Just the way he is.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
"I find it hilarious that someone from Vidor is attacking someone else's reputation." < Really??? This comment was uncalled for. The people of Vidor have worked hard to get past their reputation....that doesn't seem to be the case for the LM players involved in the brawl at the game. I think both schools acted completely classless this past weekend. If you don't want people talking about you in a negative way then don't give them something to talk about.

I've been staying away from this thread because its very sensitive. I have no dog in this and donot condone nor rationalize any type of fighting, etc. I just wanted to say this.....I personally played LaMarque twice in the late 90's. They had swagger and intimidation from warmups to the fans during the game.Intimidation only and they had the ability to talk because they had definitely walked their walk. Our games were clean and we had zero problems. My statement might not pertain to anything, but just wanted to share that.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1134589" timestamp="1322594971"]
[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=92332.msg1134548#msg1134548 date=1322592581]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]I find it hilarious that someone from Vidor is attacking someone else's reputation[/b]. Dude La Marque's town is like a lot of towns across the country, that is feeling the pain of the economic downturn. It's proximity to chemical plants also doesn't help it in terms of construction of new homes. It has nothing to do with the town's football team. [b]Both teams acted like jerks[/b] & BISD has had its own problems of late

[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he misinterpereted what the coach ment, which is simply it was a shame that this happened and is overshadowing LM's run for state. Now, if you stay on here long enough, you will notice that VP32 will argue with everyone including others from Vidor. I think he likes stirring the pot and he is good at it. Just the way he is.
[/quote]
When have i argued with someone from Vidor?

[quote name="vp32" post="1134645" timestamp="1322598339"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1134589#msg1134589 date=1322594971]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Irrelevent, Just trying to difuse the tension. Saw the conversation heading in the wrong direction in you know what I mean. Nothing personal.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1134647" timestamp="1322598541"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92332.msg1134645#msg1134645 date=1322598339]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Irrelevent, Just trying to difuse the tension. Saw the conversation heading in the wrong direction in you know what I mean. Nothing personal.
[/quote]
Yeah i got you. I was just wondering cuz i know i'm known for speaking my opinion very loudly but i don't remember really getting into it with a vidor guy/girl lol. I was just asking lol. I didn't take it personal. I know better than to do that here lol.

[quote name="baddog" post="1134622" timestamp="1322597475"]
The UIL is a joke when it comes to addressing issues such as this, but if a school plays an inelligible player, you will see swift justice and feel their wrath. I mean really, what a joke.
[/quote]

Exactly.  Fight, swing your helmets and taunt your opponents all you want...just make sure you are eligible and have passing grades.

Liberty and Hardin had a big fight in 7 on 7 @ Hardin, it was just a practice game and it was more than just a small pushing and shoving fight, but from what I heard nothing was done about it. When the punishment is left in the coaches hands I doubt Ozen will run their seniors that are done with football now, and I doubt LaMarque takes the time to run their team in the middle of the playoffs. And you can bet LaMarque won't do any sort of suspension, but neither would any other team in the 4th round.

[quote name="LP6" post="1134702" timestamp="1322602118"]
Liberty and Hardin had a big fight in 7 on 7 @ Hardin, it was just a practice game and it was more than just a small pushing and shoving fight, but from what I heard nothing was done about it. When the punishment is left in the coaches hands I doubt Ozen will run their seniors that are done with football now, and I doubt LaMarque takes the time to run their team in the middle of the playoffs. [b]And you can bet LaMarque won't do any sort of suspension, but neither would any other team in the 4th round.[/b]
[/quote]
I can guarantee you that Jeff Mathews from Vidor would not let the team get away with this if it was his boys.

[quote name="vp32" post="1134651" timestamp="1322598806"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1134647#msg1134647 date=1322598541]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah i got you. I was just wondering cuz i know i'm known for speaking my opinion very loudly but i don't remember really getting into it with a vidor guy/girl lol. I was just asking lol. I didn't take it personal. I know better than to do that here lol.
[/quote]VP32 you have a problem.You don't know anything about LM 's problems and what is going on in the school system.So let me give you a heads up.If we never win another game you call me when Vidor wins something period on the STATE level.Your little town don't have the best reputation.So you work on that and that should keep you busy for a while.

[quote name="coog78" post="1134739" timestamp="1322603966"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92332.msg1134651#msg1134651 date=1322598806]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92332.msg1134647#msg1134647 date=1322598541]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]VP32 you have a problem.You don't know $#it about LM 's problems and what is going on in the school system.So let me give you a heads up.If we never win another game you call me when Vidor wins something period on the STATE level.[b]Your little town don't have the best reputation.[/b]So you work on that and that should keep you busy for a while.
[/quote]
No need to go down this road again. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder