Ozen/LaMarque Brawl...

Okay......I was there in the middle of the action. LaMarque was COMPLETELY CLASSLESS the ENTIRE game starting with the pre game warmups. Too much talking. I do realize I am an Ozen supporter and may seem biased, but it is what it is. I was on the Ozen sideline (as I've been every game) watching this unfold the entire contest. TOO MUCH TALKING from LaMarque. Too much extra activity after the plays were over. LaMarque you have a talented team. Honestly from what I saw of yall today I was disappointed.....1st in our play because this was NOT our best game. We could say it was the weather, which I think had a lot to do with it, but it is what it is. We lost. 2nd....your team was VERY undisciplined and were'nt being corrected for it. I think your team would finish 5th or worse in our district. You were NOT the best team we've seen all year. Not even 3rd best. BUT.....you won today. Congrats to you but you have left a VERY poor image of your program and players and we look forward to seeing you again next season...........bank on that. ;)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1131996" timestamp="1322355724"]
Okay......I was there in the middle of the action. LaMarque was COMPLETELY CLASSLESS the ENTIRE game starting with the pre game warmups. Too much talking. I do realize I am an Ozen supporter and may seem biased, but it is what it is. I was on the Ozen sideline (as I've been every game) watching this unfold the entire contest. TOO MUCH TALKING from LaMarque. Too much extra activity after the plays were over. LaMarque you have a talented team. Honestly from what I saw of yall today I was disappointed.....1st in our play because this was NOT our best game. We could say it was the weather, which I think had a lot to do with it, but it is what it is. We lost. 2nd....your team was VERY undisciplined and were'nt being corrected for it. I think your team would finish 5th or worse in our district. You were NOT the best team we've seen all year. Not even 3rd best. BUT.....you won today. Congrats to you but you have left a VERY poor image of your program and players and we look forward to seeing you again next season...........bank on that. ;)
[/quote]
I'll say 2 things on this subject and i will leave it at that...
First, If la marque is so called "classes" for defending themselves when the reffs werent doing it, then i guess Ozen is just as classless. If you stay the whole game then you remember that after the hand shake... the leading la marque players went toward the right side (from both your and my angle) of the end zone, while the leading ozen players walked towards the left... Soo if the fight happened in the middle of the field, doesnt that mean that BOTH players had to have confronted eachother?? You cant be so blind as to not see that your team was just as wrong as mine...
Secondly, Any one of our top 3 teams of 24-4a can beat Ozen and we're #2. So how does that solidify us as a 5th place team in your district... You must be joking. Sounds to me like your just sucking on a lemon a little to hard, no offense. Sour losers never learn to be winners... remember that.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1132050" timestamp="1322356803"]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1131996#msg1131996 date=1322355724]
[/quote]
First, If la marque is so called "classes" for defending themselves when the reffs werent doing it, then i guess Ozen is just as classless. If you stay the whole game then you remember that after the hand shake... the leading la marque players went toward the right side (from both your and my angle) of the end zone, while the leading ozen players walked towards the left... Soo if the fight happened in the middle of the field, doesnt that mean that BOTH players had to have confronted eachother?? You cant be so blind as to not see that your team was just as wrong as mine...
Secondly, Any one of our top 3 teams of 24-4a can beat Ozen and we're #2. So how does that solidify us as a 5th place team in your district... You must be joking. Sounds to me like your just sucking on a lemon a little to hard, no offense. Sour losers never learn to be winners... remember that.
[/quote]

Don't bother wasting your breath because you aren't gonna get through to some folks over here especially Invictus because he's a whiner who trolls threads where Setx teams lose and instantly throws out the dirty adjective at all non Setx teams. As a matter of fact he accused Angleton of the same thing to such an extreme manner he got flagged by a moderator on the Vidor/Angleton thread. Today he jumped on the Ozen/LM thread and stirred the pot there as well. He should really add "Jerry, Jerry" as his signature.

As for the other dirty, undisciplined remarks that seem to be branded on our program since it's inception that's crapola! It's called envy and poor sportsmanship and to be quite honest a few over here need to learn how to deal with losing because some seem to do it quite often when they play LM. Those are the very same folks who will get on here and yak it up next week on here if Manvel takes us down. You don't get to or win as many State Championships being an undisciplined team as talent alone won't get you there.

I'm going to say this.  It is not the cops job to mace football players.  The cops are there for crowd control and crowd control only.  If I was the parents of the ozen players the law suits should start.  It is the coach’s job to control the players.  This really P**** me off.  Ozen we support you and all of you guys are a class act and if there were some Beaumont ISD cops or Beaumont Police there and they mace the players, they should be fired and brought up on charges.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1132133" timestamp="1322358679"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=92276.msg1132050#msg1132050 date=1322356803]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1131996#msg1131996 date=1322355724]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Don't bother wasting your breath because you aren't gonna get through to some folks over here especially Invictus because he's a whiner who trolls threads where Setx teams lose and instantly throws out the dirty adjective at all non Setx teams. As a matter of fact he accused Angleton of the same thing to such an extreme manner he got flagged by a moderator on the Ned/Angleton thread. Today he jumped on the Ozen/LM thread and stirred the pot there as well. He should really add "Jerry, Jerry" as his signature.

As for the other dirty, undisciplined remarks that seem to be branded on our program since it's inception that's crapola! It's called envy and poor sportsmanship and to be quite honest a few over here need to learn how to deal with losing because some seem to do it quite often when they play LM. Those are the very same folks who will get on here and yak it up next week on here if Manvel takes us down. You don't get to or win as many State Championships being an undisciplined team as talent alone won't get you there.
[/quote]

First of all, genius, I am not a he.  Secondly, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.  LaMarque is a dirty team and always has been.  Period.  It isn't something that can be denied.  Personal fouls.  Unsportsmanlike conduct.  Bench-clearing brawls.  Those are signs of a dirty, undisciplined team.  I didn't make that up myself.

I wasn't at the game (had to work, dang) so I don't have an opinion however, one thing I do know is the Beaumont Ozen Panthers are a class act: they don't play dirty football and they don't trash talk. Perhaps you should try praying togethor after games lamarque instead of acting like thugs. This is coming from a Vidor Pirate, you mess with one of us in SE Tex and you get us all.....

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1132050" timestamp="1322356803"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lol......sour....uhh....no sir. We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations and were VERY blessed to do so. Your team is classless sir. What manifested at the end of the game and 3rd qtr was a result of constant chatter and dirty playing the ENTIRE game from your team that was NOT corrected by your coaches. YES our kids were wrong for retaliating and participating but it's only so much you can take!!! Does that justify our actions?? Probably not. I PROMISE you we are not sour, sad or ashamed about the year we had. And a loss in the 3rd round after not being picked to even make the playoffs is a great accomplishment for us. But poor execution on our part and losing to a classless act as lamarque is enough to wish for fall 2012 to get here quicker. Congrats again cougs. Looking forward to your matchup with Manvel next week. ::) ::)

LaMarque may have been deemed dirty for years....more then likely talked a lot of trash...as a lot of players do.  There are 2 sides to every story.  If the game is over...there should be no extra pushing and shoving....Ozen had a Great season, hate for it to end like this.  was it ozen or lamarque players that got maced, I have heard different vrsions.  I heard Ozen started the after game fight and LaMarqe got maced.    And I heard the opposite.

[quote name="invictus" post="1132140" timestamp="1322358956"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=92276.msg1132133#msg1132133 date=1322358679]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=92276.msg1132050#msg1132050 date=1322356803]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Don't bother wasting your breath because you aren't gonna get through to some folks over here especially Invictus because he's a whiner who trolls threads where Setx teams lose and instantly throws out the dirty adjective at all non Setx teams. As a matter of fact he accused Angleton of the same thing to such an extreme manner he got flagged by a moderator on the Ned/Angleton thread. Today he jumped on the Ozen/LM thread and stirred the pot there as well. He should really add "Jerry, Jerry" as his signature.

[/quote]

First of all, genius, I am not a he.  Secondly, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.  LaMarque is a dirty team and always has been.  Period.  It isn't something that can be denied.  Personal fouls.  Unsportsmanlike conduct.  Bench-clearing brawls.  Those are signs of a dirty, undisciplined team.  I didn't make that up myself.
[/quote]

Your sex is of no importance to me...you still stir the pot when you have no dog in the fight therefore you're a habitual troller. I've got better things to do with my time than go back and forth with you over nonsense. I've made my point so I'm moving along. It's probably good to take my advice and do the same before you get reprimanded yet again. That would be 2 days in a row...have a good one. ;)

[quote name="invictus" post="1132140" timestamp="1322358956"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It yells at other adults from far away, it gets mad at kids when it doesnt see something that satisfies it, and it never takes responsibility for it's actions.... What is it?? "well if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck".... it must be a BITTER OZEN fan. HA!! please...

[quote name="mfd814" post="1132164" timestamp="1322359581"]
LaMarque may have been deemed dirty for years....more then likely talked a lot of trash...as a lot of players do.  There are 2 sides to every story.  If the game is over...there should be no extra pushing and shoving....Ozen had a Great season, hate for it to end like this.  was it ozen or lamarque players that got maced, I have heard different vrsions.  I heard Ozen started the after game fight and LaMarqe got maced.    And I heard the opposite.
[/quote]

Ozen had at least 6 or 7 players that received treatment for pepper spray. Don't know about lamarque.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1132168" timestamp="1322359649"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=92276.msg1132140#msg1132140 date=1322358956]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your sex is of no importance to me...you still stir the pot when you have no dog in the fight therefore you're a habitual troller. I've got better things to do with my time than go back and forth with you over nonsense. I've made my point so I'm moving along. It's probably good to take my advice and do the same before you get reprimanded yet again. That would be 2 days in a row...have a good one. ;)
[/quote]

You're the one who started it.  I call it like I see it.  And if my gender is of no importance to you, don't use gender-specific pronouns.  Do they not teach that at LaMarque?

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1132155" timestamp="1322359375"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lol......sour....uhh....no sir. We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations and were VERY blessed to do so. Your team is classless sir. What manifested at the end of the game and 3rd qtr was a result of constant chatter and dirty playing the ENTIRE game from your team that was NOT corrected by your coaches. [b]YES our kids were wrong for retaliating and participating but it's only so much you can take!!! [/b]Does that justify our actions?? Probably not. I PROMISE you we are not sour, sad or ashamed about the year we had. And a loss in the 3rd round after not being picked to even make the playoffs is a great accomplishment for us. But poor execution on our part and losing to a classless act as lamarque is enough to wish for fall 2012 to get here quicker. Congrats again cougs. Looking forward to your matchup with Manvel next week. ::) ::)
[/quote]

It's hard to say that your players were only involved with retaliation. Let's be real, nobody is innocent in a bench clearing brawl when an entire team runs across the field. Both teams are responsible. For you to say that La Marque's behavior was ONLY retaliation, i say that you are very close and narrow minded. Keep drinking that La Marque kool-aid. Oh by the way, we understand yall are winners. The records show that. Everyone in the state respects LM's program, no question about it. With that said, you can also be terrible winners.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1132187" timestamp="1322359964"]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1132155#msg1132155 date=1322359375]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lol......sour....uhh....no sir. We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations and were VERY blessed to do so. Your team is classless sir. What manifested at the end of the game and 3rd qtr was a result of constant chatter and dirty playing the ENTIRE game from your team that was NOT corrected by your coaches. [b]YES our kids were wrong for retaliating and participating but it's only so much you can take!!! [/b]Does that justify our actions?? Probably not. I PROMISE you we are not sour, sad or ashamed about the year we had. And a loss in the 3rd round after not being picked to even make the playoffs is a great accomplishment for us. But poor execution on our part and losing to a classless act as lamarque is enough to wish for fall 2012 to get here quicker. Congrats again cougs. Looking forward to your matchup with Manvel next week. ::) ::)
[/quote]

It's hard to say that your players were only involved with retaliation. Let's be real, nobody is innocent in a bench clearing brawl when an entire team runs across the field. Both teams are responsible. For you to say that La Marque's behavior was ONLY retaliation, i say that you are very close and narrow minded. Keep drinking that La Marque kool-aid. Oh by the way, we understand yall are winners. The records show that. Everyone in the state respects LM's program, no question about it. With that said, you can also be terrible winners.
[/quote]

Uhh ??? ???......I'm a little confused.......apparently so are you. Wrong team Guy. PEARORCHARD PANTHER here!! But I respect and agree with your post.

My youngest brother played QB for lamarque in 1986 when they played Plano for the state championship. They were not undisciplined back then. Matter of fact I am 9 years older then him and I met many of the players. They were good kids. Every school has their problems. No school should be singled out. Because most are the same. By the way I am from the golden triangle and not Lamarque. All this trash talk needs to stop because no school and no community is perfect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin