Ozen/LaMarque Brawl...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ice74" post="1132445" timestamp="1322366008"]
1st off - a win is a win, lamarque won the game.

2nd- [color=red]LM has a history of this questionable behavior. [/color] Where there is smoke, there is fire.  When there is a pattern then, it makes it a bit difficult for you to claim innocence now.  Granted emotions run high, and sometimes get the best of the players, but when it persists over time and through coaching changes it kinda makes you wonder.  It is unfortunate that a program as storied as LM [color=red]continues to operate with such disorder.[/color] I'm certain that it is not all the kids, but a small group that cause the entire program to look bad, but that small group continues to do a really good job at portraying LM in a negative light.
[/quote]

There's a guy in WO who keeps great stats and he has us ranked high in several categories. One would think with all the success LM has, there would be a documented history of these occurrences. So what we at LM need from you is, please advise when all this "disorder" occurred. And for context sake, I'm referring to the football program, nothing else. The reason why I'm doing that is because you can search any ISD and find problems. 

[quote name="beechnut" post="1132458" timestamp="1322366577"]
Wasn't there a incident in a seven on seven league several years ago that involved Lmq?
[/quote]

No. We didn't get really involved in 7 on 7 until Dr. Jax this year. You might be thinking of Manvel and Dawson this summer. Because of fighting, they were barred from SQT in College Station.

Guest beechnut
Ya we had a good one with longview which is on you tube. Then strapped it on @ a basketball game. Coaches do what they can but hard to control that many people. Had a parent come on the field during ours.... Insane anyway and hope the kids are ok.

[quote name="cougartino" post="1132464" timestamp="1322366787"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132445#msg1132445 date=1322366008]

2nd- [color=red]LM has a history of this questionable behavior. [/color] Where there is smoke, there is fire.  When there is a pattern then, it makes it a bit difficult for you to claim innocence now.  Granted emotions run high, and sometimes get the best of the players, but when it persists over time and through coaching changes it kinda makes you wonder.  It is unfortunate that a program as storied as LM [color=red]continues to operate with such disorder.[/color] I'm certain that it is not all the kids, but a small group that cause the entire program to look bad, but that small group continues to do a really good job at portraying LM in a negative light.
[/quote]

There's a guy in WO who keeps great stats and he has us ranked high in several categories. One would think with all the success LM has, there would be a documented history of these occurrences. So what we at LM need from you is, please advise when all this "disorder" occurred. And for context sake, I'm referring to the football program, nothing else. The reason why I'm doing that is because you can search any ISD and find problems.
[/quote]

From your perspective, i'm sure you'll see it one way and I'll see it another.  You are correct, no district or program is without problems, so let's talk about today.  There was a great deal of trash talking both ways, but the loss of control and when things turned physical it was LM players that crossed the line.  I'm sure that you go to most of your team's games as I go to most of Ozen's games.  I have never in all my years of my watching panther football have I ever seen a team brawl like what occurred today.  I have seen Lamarque play twice and both times I've seen the same type of behavior.  I understand that 2 games is a small sample, but dude your 2 for 2 and according to other posters this was not an isolated occurrence.  As a LM fan can you say that this a new thing for your program?  Just curious, please enlighten me, since you feel I'm misinformed.  I truly hate it for both programs as it is not a good look, and is not a good representation of either district.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1132481" timestamp="1322367592"]
Am i the only one not shocked? [b]There are thugs on both sides[/b]. If one decides to go street, then [b]the rest of the thugs [/b] go street..
[/quote]

Uhh??.....not exactly sure what you mean by this comment. Is this directed towards these two teams only or all teams??

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1132481" timestamp="1322367592"]
Am i the only one not shocked? There are thugs on both sides. If one decides to go street, then the rest of the thugs go street..
[/quote]

I think that the word thug in this instance may be a bit harsh, and do question the motivation behind your post.  Wondering if this fight would have occurred between Ned and PNG, if you they would be referred to as thugs or just kids making poor decisions?

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1132490" timestamp="1322368234"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=92276.msg1132481#msg1132481 date=1322367592]
Am i the only one not shocked? [b]There are thugs on both sides[/b]. If one decides to go street, then [b]the rest of the thugs [/b] go street..
[/quote]

Uhh??.....not exactly sure what you mean by this comment. Is this directed towards these two teams only or all teams??
[/quote]

I had the same question.  Inquiring minds want to know.

[quote name="ice74" post="1132487" timestamp="1322368018"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132464#msg1132464 date=1322366787]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From your perspective, i'm sure you'll see it one way and I'll see it another.  You are correct, no district or program is without problems, so let's talk about today.  There was a great deal of trash talking both ways, but the loss of control and when things turned physical it was LM players that crossed the line.  I'm sure that you go to most of your team's games as I go to most of Ozen's games.  I have never in all my years of my watching panther football have I ever seen a team brawl like what occurred today.  I have seen Lamarque play twice and both times I've seen the same type of behavior.  I understand that 2 games is a small sample, but dude your 2 for 2 and according to other posters this was not an isolated occurrence.  As a LM fan can you say that this a new thing for your program?  Just curious, please enlighten me, since you feel I'm misinformed.  I truly hate it for both programs as it is not a good look, and is not a good representation of either district.
[/quote]Frist of all as hard as it is to win state champinships how in the world does anyone on this site think LM has manage to do it with disorderly and thrugs when every program is the Setxs would like to be LM.

[quote name="ice74" post="1132492" timestamp="1322368275"]
Am i the only one not shocked? There are thugs on both sides. If one decides to go street, then the rest of the thugs go street..
[/quote]

I think that the word thug in this instance may be a bit harsh, and do question the motivation behind your post.  Wondering if this fight would have occurred between Ned and PNG, if you they would be referred to as thugs or just kids making poor decisions?
[/quote]
Doesnt matter who its between. You act like this and youre a thug. Wouldnt defend Nederland if they acted like this either.. What I meant is, in this case, there were thugs on both sides. Or punks, or whatever you wanna call them. Once on of them stooped low, the rest who are punks are going to respond. Thats any given situation....

I'm not from either school.  I just looked at the all the picks and both teams actions were bad.
If there was "trash talking" from both teams then they were both at fault.
And when is it "OK" to start a fight or go ahead and retaliate??? did they hurt your feelings by what they said??? did it cause serious harm to your child by words.... So according to you then it is "OK" if they do a little trash talking after the game to fight... whatever...
How about teach your child to be a man and walk away... or don't trash talk back with another team and talk with your pads... Or if you get into a fight there are consequences.
Quit making excuses for kids... and teach them right from wrong..

[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=92276.msg1132507#msg1132507 date=1322368893]
I'm not from either school.  I just looked at the all the picks and both teams actions were bad.
And when is it "OK" to start a fight or go ahead and retaliate??? did they hurt your feelings by what they said??? did it cause serious harm to your child by words.... So according to you then it is "OK" if they do a little trash talking after the game to fight... whatever...
How about teach your child to be a man and walk away... or don't trash talk back with another team and talk with your pads... Or if you get into a fight there are consequences.
[/quote

Not sure what we would have done without your words of wisdom.  Don't know what we would have done without it, thanks for saving us from more hours of endless debate. ;)

[quote name="hitman009" post="1132507" timestamp="1322368893"]
[/quote]great post

[quote name="coog78" post="1132505" timestamp="1322368772"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132487#msg1132487 date=1322368018]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132464#msg1132464 date=1322366787]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Frist of all as hard as it is to win state champinships how in the world does anyone on this site think LM has manage to do it with disorderly and thrugs when every program is the Setxs would like to be LM.
[/quote]

Get over yourself!  that has nothing to do with what the previous posts were about.  The only team that wants to be LM is LM. 

For anyone that thinks the cops shouldn't have broken up the brawl

Are you serious? What the heck were they supposed to do sit there and watch as the teams beat the heck out of each other? Then you could get on here and say why didn't the cops stop it right? The cops are trained to take resisting individuals down in a certain way for thier safety, that is what the did. If the playersdidn't wanna getpeppersprayed or taken down then they shouldn't have gotten in a brawl or resistedthe cops. You see all this and blame the cops? Maybe you should blame the thugs who started the brawl.

Also if you start on field brawl where the cops have to get called in then you are the very definition of a thug. I have been playing sports since I was 4 years old (baseball, football, and basketball) I currently play D1 baseball and i have never been involved in a brawl like this. Sure we have had scuffles including one last year but never something were the cops had to break it up and that is what makes them thugs. Just like the Miami players who got in the fight a couple of years ago and beat people with thier helmets were thugs.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1132506" timestamp="1322368871"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132492#msg1132492 date=1322368275]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Doesnt matter who its between. You act like this and youre a thug. Wouldnt defend Nederland if they acted like this either.. What I meant is, in this case, there were thugs on both sides. Or punks, or whatever you wanna call them. Once on of them stooped low, the rest who are punks are going to respond. Thats any given situation....
[/quote

I know what you meant, thanks for confirming it though.  Good thing there are no punks, thugs, or streets in Ned huh?

[quote name="coog78" post="1132489" timestamp="1322368091"]
[/quote]I guess NED has only Church boys on there team.
[/quote]i dont remember making any reference to the character of anyone on the Nederland team or their religious ideology. they werent involved in a brawl and ozen/la marque were. Which, by the way, is the reason the thread is about them. No comparison was made to any other school and just because they are young people doesnt mean we condone these actions...

Yes Invictus, I said PRAYER!!! I'm sorry your progressive (liberal) philosophy forgoes the inclusion of the Lord in anything, but it seems to have worked with Vidor / Central / Ozen just fine and has brought amity between our schools and our communities. I haven't seen too many teams that leave a post game prayer wanting to bash each other's heads in. Morals come from God: if not, show me that all seeing and knowing document created by any humanist which even comes close to the Bible. Sorry to everyone else if I got on my horse about this; just not big on atheism. Congratulations to Lamarque on their victory and Big Congratulations to Beaumont Ozen for making 20-4A proud. You represented us well. See ya'll on the B-ball court.

[quote name="ice74" post="1132487" timestamp="1322368018"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You made a premise so like a thesis, it's your job to support it with facts, not generalities. I've been told the area around the Hamburger Depot by the college is a magnet for fights and drug usage. According to other posters this is not an isolated. See how that game can be played? [b]All I'm asking for is specific examples.[/b] Other than today, what do you have to document LM football players regardless of fault, were involved in a brawl or melee before or after a game?

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1132520" timestamp="1322369584"]
[quote author=coog78 link=topic=92276.msg1132489#msg1132489 date=1322368091]
[/quote]I guess NED has only Church boys on there team.
[/quote]i dont remember making any reference to the character of anyone on the Nederland team or their religious ideology. they werent involved in a brawl and ozen/la marque were. Which, by the way, is the reason the thread is about them. No comparison was made to any other school and just because they are young people doesnt mean we condone these actions...
[/quote]

Those boys from nederland aren't saints, they fought BH when we played yall and I was in that brawl (45 BH) trying to throw kids off of my brother when they swarmed him haha

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder