Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1132617" timestamp="1322375798"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=92269.msg1132579#msg1132579 date=1322373156]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92269.msg1132554#msg1132554 date=1322371885]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=92269.msg1132550#msg1132550 date=1322371616]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92269.msg1132546#msg1132546 date=1322371332]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=92269.msg1132539#msg1132539 date=1322370978]
Ive Seen Both Teams Play Coldsprings is a product of a fairly easy schedule WO-S has played 4A Nederland, 4A Friendswood, both loses were by 1 point to each of those 4A playoff teams, and with Giddings WO-S had the ball in the redzone 6 times and didnt sore for various reasons, not making excuses but in all those game WO-S was still trying to install the I Formation offenses after the giddings game WO-S returned back to the spread and started a dominating run, That was Derailed by injuries along the way which caused some games to be close but WO-S is a team on a mission keep in mind they have won all of there playoff games without there best player D-1 corner Dacarlos Renfro.. 5'10 175 4.3 forty.. another note WO-S has 3 Kids that run 4.3 fortys and about 6 that run 4.4's thats serious speed.. I think Coldsprings Gilbert is the only kid that can run with these guys.. And last but not least the best player on west oranges team was deemed ineligible before the season even started and that had alot to do with there early losses he was a special player.. But my predication is WO-S 17- Coldsprings 10
[/quote]

I just have to laugh out loud when I here people talk about thier team having multiple kids running 4.4s and lower at the high school level. It's kinda like when you hear a kid throws 90 mph in baseball then you show up and they are topping out at 85. For some reason people feel the need to boost thier players abilities. Really 9 kids that run 4.4s idt there is a team in the nfl or college that has 9 guys that run 4.4s.
[/quote]

How many state championships in track does WO-S have??  come on man if it were any other school id be right there with you calling bs but hey everybody knows these kids can flat out fly and of course all these 40 times are hand timed but even thats flying.
[/quote]

Never said yall wernt fast but 9 kids that run 4.4 40s is ridiculous. I don't think you realize how fast 4.4 really is.
[/quote]

Dacrlos Renfro 5'10 175 (starting Corner) 4.3 forty, Quienton Tezeno 5'10 165 (starting corner) 4.3 forty, Justin Thomas 5'9 165 cornerback committ for utah 4.3 forty he's ineligible, Colin Janice 5'11 170 ( starting rover) 4.4 forty, Artevin Mcdonald 5'9 165,(part time starter at Safety) 4.4 forty, Tawan Lucas 5'10 170 (starting safety) 4.4 forty, Britton Lindsey 5'5 165 (starting running back) 4.4 forty Travon Blanchard 6'3 185 (starting rover) , 4.4 forty.. now when i say 4.3 those times range from 4.30-4.39 i dont mean they all run 4.3 flats and the same goes for the 4.4 fortys.. Daniel Woodson 5'11 215 (starting linebacker) high 4.5 and the same goes for Joe Lynch other starting linebacker 5'10 190
[/quote]

According to scout.com Justin Thomas runs a 4.5 that is the only one I could find online I already knew what renfro ran.
[/quote]

Did scout.com time them? I don't think so. These guys do run these times and Justin was the fastest of them all. They have kids on the freshman and Jv teams that can run these times. I don't know why people are trying to dispute if they have this many players that can run a 4.4 40. They didn't win three state championships in track and field by mistake. Justin won the 200 meters two years in a row and came in second as a freshman. These guys can fly and the pads don't slow them down much.

[quote name="WOS1986" post="1132768" timestamp="1322408765"]
I know WOS will mostly focus on Gilbert but they need to realize that there is also another good which is Monroe as well. They cannot focus on Gilbert only. They will have to work and stop both of them. Just my two cent.
[/quote]

Nope.  Gilbert is the only one WOS needs to watch.  The rest of the team sux, don't pay them any attention.

;D

8)

[quote name="WOS92" post="1132893" timestamp="1322419290"]
Nope. His statement was that "cs didn't score more points than wos did on Cleveland or bc." You're right about Cleveland, but WO-S DID score more points on Bridge City. He didn't say ANYTHING about margin of victory. Essentially, [b]CS was one big run away from a tied ballgame at the end of regulation against Bridge City. [/b]

WO-S's kicker has made several from 40+ this year.

[/quote]

Whoa.  Wait a minute.  If WOS only beat BC by 5 then WOS was a 'one long run away from a LOSS rather than a tied game in regulation.

[quote name="skipper" post="1132908" timestamp="1322421302"]
you got it pal YOU KNOW he is your (GO TO)GUY all any one needs to look at is what he had done in the playoffs
[/quote]

Actually I was being facetious.  If WOS keeps their eyes on Gilbert only, they will be beat like a drum.  I like Sherman, he's a great player but I think the rest of the team gets seriously overlooked on the board.  If any team overlooks CS as a whole they are going to lose and lose big.  CS has a lot of talent in many different areas and they will be overlooked at your own risk.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1132915" timestamp="1322421860"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1132908#msg1132908 date=1322421302]
you got it pal YOU KNOW he is your (GO TO)GUY all any one needs to look at is what he had done in the playoffs
[/quote]

Actually I was being facetious.  If WOS keeps their eyes on Gilbert only, they will be beat like a drum.  I like Sherman, he's a great player but I think the rest of the team gets seriously overlooked on the board.  If any team overlooks CS as a whole they are going to lose and lose big.  CS has a lot of talent in many different areas and they will be overlooked at your own risk.
[/quote]

your passing game isnt beating anyone.

[quote name="venom33" post="1132917" timestamp="1322422132"]
[/quote]

Actually it already has this year....See Huffman and take a look at the only offensive TD in regulation against Bellville...You don't have to throw it all over the field all game for it to be effective...

[quote name="venom33" post="1132917" timestamp="1322422132"]

[/quote]

We actually had a better passing game earlier in the year than we have now.  I don't know what's happened but it is what it is.

We also had a better kicking game earlier in the year.  That kind of changed after the game with Cleveland.  I don't know if it is a knee injury still bothering #75, Greg, or if there is a little trepidation about another late hit.

[quote name="skipper" post="1132921" timestamp="1322422458"]
lets NOT TALK past history lets talk about friday and coldsprings beating wo-s like a drum
[/quote]

If WOS focuses on Sherman Gilbert alone, as has been alluded to in this thread, then yes, CS will beat WOS like a drum.

I seriously doubt WOS is dumb enough to overlook the rest of the team but it is a little discouraging to see the posts saying Sherman is the only player CS has.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1132915" timestamp="1322421860"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1132908#msg1132908 date=1322421302]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No one is over looking other players on CS team, but Wo-s will dare you to use them. That's what CS better be focused on in practice. How are we going to utilize our other players because the running game alone isn't going to do it. Who will CS focus on? Wo-s have many weapons and they use them all often. They are a balanced team.

Gilbert Starts both ways at corner and running back he wont have eenough juice to break the long runs IMO WO-S has no one that goes both ways we have enough talent and speed to hold our own without doing so.. You guys better be ready for Renfro he is a game  changer and is ready to get back on the field..

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1132922" timestamp="1322422478"]

We actually had a better passing game earlier in the year than we have now.  I don't know what's happened but it is what it is.

We also had a better kicking game earlier in the year.  That kind of changed after the game with Cleveland.  I don't know if it is a knee injury still bothering #75, Greg, or if there is a little trepidation about another late hit.

[/quote]

I agree on both points...

[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1132942#msg1132942 date=1322423911]
lmao D-1 players where did you read that so i can go look, speed well maybe if we can pull some of the JV players up  then you will see speed as you should know wo-s has no speed i am rolling on the floor  TRY AGAN young man :-*
[/quote

dacrolos Renfro 7 D-1 offers, Colin Janice, Travon Blanchard both ranked in the TOP 100 for the state of texas for the class of 2013.. and thats not counting Justin Thomas who's committd to Utah to play corner back

I think one interesting aspect of this game is that from what I have seen Coldspring usually starts off fast and struggles a little late and WO-S does the opposite.  Some of that may have to do with conditioning and at this point you either are or you are not.  WO-S seems to be hitting another gear late when their opponents are sucking wind.  Is CS in shape to play with the Mustangs in the 2nd half?  That is one benefit I see the Mustangs having from all the close games they played all year and the Trojans "resting starters" in the 2nd half all year through the blowouts.  Can the Mustangs keep within striking distance early and if the Stangs lead at half it could be trouble, but who knows.

[quote name="Homer" post="1132956" timestamp="1322424757"]
I think one interesting aspect of this game is that from what I have seen Coldspring usually starts off fast and struggles a little late and WO-S does the opposite.  Some of that may have to do with conditioning and at this point you either are or you are not.  WO-S seems to be hitting another gear late when their opponents are sucking wind.  Is CS in shape to play with the Mustangs in the 2nd half?  That is one benefit I see the Mustangs having from all the close games they played all year and the Trojans "resting starters" in the 2nd half all year through the blowouts.  Can the Mustangs keep within striking distance early and if the Stangs lead at half it could be trouble, but who knows.
[/quote]

If the stangs ever get up by more then 7 points Coldsprings can kiss it goodbye the defense goes into a rage when ever the offense puts points up.. those kids play with so much heart ad swagger I dont believe Coldsprings will know what hit them

[quote name="Homer" post="1132956" timestamp="1322424757"]
[/quote]

Good point!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder