Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

I do think Coldsprings defense will be the toughest we have faced but we will be the toughest team they have seen as well as the fastest.. Trust me.. I watch the Bridge City game you guys struggled you didint have anybody but gilbert that could make the big play .. We have about 4-5 guys that can break a 40-50 yarder at any given time..  And if you guys have a bad snap against us like you did against bridge city Colin and the blanchard kid will be on you guys like some dogs every bad snap for a team this year has resulted in a turnover those guys fly off the edge

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, it's our friends from Coldspring. So good to have the tremendous year in and year out talent at the Corral, but the X-factor is Coach Thompson.  When you have two talented teams like this at this round in the playoffs, it is always a war.  To have a general in place like Coach T is a blessing that not every school has.  I feel good about this game.

It's no secret Coldspring's defense has kept them alive in the last three ball games...I'm not picking on Coldspring or any team..All this talk of speed is good, and good to have..But if all a team can do (any team) is run between the red zones and not score,What good does 600 yards of offense do you.... ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1132799" timestamp="1322410378"]
It's no secret Coldspring's defense has kept them alive in the last three ball games...I'm not picking on Coldspring or any team..All this talk of speed is good, and good to have..But if all a team can do (any team) is run between the red zones and not score,What good does 600 yards of offense do you.... ;D
[/quote]
In the second half of lastnights game WO-S held Bullard to 19 yards TOTAL offenses THATS CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1132799" timestamp="1322410378"]
[/quote]

Well put. Coldspring needs a place kicker in a bad way.  You are right what good us 600 yards rushing if you can't score in the red zone. Great post

[b]The truth shall set you FREE: [/b]
I said I was going to stick to facts and  stats and not make a prediction on this game, so I will stick with facts, so should other posters!

Falconfanatic posted “I didn't post or agree with that. Especially since cs didn't score more points than wos did on Cleveland or bc”.

Fact: [b]Not True[/b]: Coldspring 61 Cleveland 0 - - WOS 58 Cleveland 14
[b]Misleading indicator:[/b] Coldspring won by 61 net WOS won by 44 net
In Bridge City game Coldspring won by 7 net, WOS won by 5 net.

[quote name="jnunn" post="1132841" timestamp="1322413343"]
I said I was going to stick to facts and  stats and not make a prediction on this game, so I will stick with facts, so should other posters!

Falconfanatic posted “I didn't post or agree with that. Especially since cs didn't score more points than wos did on Cleveland or bc”.

[/quote]

Ok I thought cs only scored 55 vs Cleveland but I was right about the bc game wos scored more than cs did contrary to what the other guy said.

WOW 11 pages and counting and it's Sunday morning.

The best thing about all of this is the fact that this game is actually going to take place. It will be fun for all of us on the board to post and go back and forth but luckily we both made it here and the boys and coaches get to settle it on the field. What ever happens I just hope it lives up to all of the hype for all of us.

Go Stangs.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1132794" timestamp="1322410118"]
Once again, it's our friends from Coldspring. So good to have the tremendous year in and year out talent at the Corral, but the X-factor is Coach Thompson.  When you have two talented teams like this at this round in the playoffs, it is always a war.  To have a general in place like Coach T is a blessing that not every school has.  I feel good about this game.
[/quote]

I would feel just as comfortable with Barbay.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1132857" timestamp="1322415409"]
I am not the author of this question but I am going to ask it.  Would WOS be here at this point if Hooks was still head coach?
[/quote]

That is a tough question to answer.  Obvioiusly Hooks did great things and his hand print is all over this team.  I am just proud of how Coach Thompson filled his shoes and handled all of the adversity starting off 2-3 and some tougher than expected midseason games. 

how is wos's kicker?        I think the two team's kicking games could end making a big impact on the game. lorena's kicker kept booting it out of the endzone on kickoffs, giving us bad field position, and we could barely kick it to the thirty yard line. I sure hope we work on that in practice this week.

The Wo-s kicker is very strong. He can boot it into the endzone and he can consistently make long field goals. It's been a long time since we've had a kicker like this here. We would usually have to go for two point conversions in previous years. Coldspring will have a lot of trouble keeping up point wise if they have trouble making extra points and from I've seen this year, they have to go for two a lot.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1132857" timestamp="1322415409"]
I am not the author of this question but I am going to ask it.  Would WOS be here at this point if Hooks was still head coach?
[/quote]

I can't believe anyone would ask this question. I do agree coach Thompson has played a major roll in the success of this team, but he hasn't been the only one. There have been many great coaches that has come through here. Although Hooks wasn't the big X's and O's guy and drew up plays, one thing he did well is get the best coaches in here to coach these players. That's not always easy to do. He was a great motivator too. This team would be exactly where they are now, they would even probably be undefeated because he was going to make sure the offense that these kids are good at and comfortable with running, was going to be ran from day one. This isn't a shot at Thompson because although I was critical about his choice of offense because I knew that it would only slow down this fast team(which was our strength). He wasn't so stubborn that he didn't change it although he knew it wasn't working. Hooks was a great coach, this team wouldn't have the success that it had without him. Sometimes you scratched your head with some of the things that he did, but you knew he was going to put the best product on the field on Friday nights.

[quote name="WOS1986" post="1132768" timestamp="1322408765"]
I know WOS will mostly focus on Gilbert but they need to realize that there is also another good which is Monroe as well. They cannot focus on Gilbert only. They will have to work and stop both of them. Just my two cent.
[/quote]

They are going to focus on the running game period. Any team that expects to beat Wo-s will have to pass as well as they run. They may bend a few times on defense and give up a couple of long runs, but once they figure out your tendencies in the running game, they will shut it down, just as they have done with most running teams this year.

[quote name="jnunn" post="1132841" timestamp="1322413343"]

[/quote]

Nope. His statement was that "cs didn't score more points than wos did on Cleveland or bc." You're right about Cleveland, but WO-S DID score more points on Bridge City. He didn't say ANYTHING about margin of victory. Essentially, CS was one big run away from a tied ballgame at the end of regulation against Bridge City.

WO-S's kicker has made several from 40+ this year.

I think this will be a very close game. Having said that, if CS falls behind early, I favor the Stangs bigtime. CS averages 300+ rushing per game and just 75 passing. The other night, their QB was 1 for 8 with 4 INTs. While Salter (WO-S) had several picks on Saturday (WO-S turned it over 5 times in the 45-13 win), the Mustangs have a much more balanced attack.

Here's hoping for a safe journey for all and a great game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder