Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1131922" timestamp="1322353967"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=92269.msg1131891#msg1131891 date=1322353248]
Im still trying to decide which band wagon to get on?
[/quote] who am i kidding? LOL  I already know
[/quote]

What? Is this going to become east of the Trinity River vs west?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DoRightTrojanFan" post="1131892" timestamp="1322353275"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92269.msg1131868#msg1131868 date=1322352547]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=92269.msg1131856#msg1131856 date=1322352169]
Throughout the playoffs Coldspring has been surviving and WOS has been rolling it's opponents......and you guys think Coldspring is gonna turn it around this week?????
[/quote]

Cs has played a lot better opponents in the playoffs than wos has. Just like wos played better opponents in the regular season and struggled while cs rolled.
[/quote]

I agree. This also gives WOS a slight advantage. IMO they are "rolling" at the right time.
[/quote]

Umm, no disrespect, but we scored more points on BC & Cleveland than they did.  They also lost to Giddings, who lost to Bellville in the 1st round. 

No excuses...both teams have had injuries, illness, etc.

Regardless of who either team has played, we have two very worthy teams.  Let's hope everybody is healthy come Friday night :)

I just got home from the game and WO-S is a very good team. I think Defence is their stong side of the ball. They stay at home and their D line can get off of blocks well. LBs fly around and hit everything. Offence has a shifty little rb that can make guys miss. They have good receivers who can make plays too. But their qb doesnt make very good decisions with the ball sometimes. I think this game will come down to the final possession. Its gonna be a war. Good luck to all the boys. That being said 20-14 Coldspring.

[quote name="cdoggett" post="1131980" timestamp="1322355425"]
I just got home from the game and WO-S is a very good team. I think Defence is their stong side of the ball. They stay at home and their D line can get off of blocks well. LBs fly around and hit everything. Offence has a shifty little rb that can make guys miss. They have good receivers who can make plays too. But their qb doesnt make very good decisions with the ball sometimes. I think this game will come down to the final possession. Its gonna be a war. Good luck to all the boys. That being said 20-14 Coldspring.
[/quote]

fair assessment...

[quote name="venom33" post="1131987" timestamp="1322355574"]
[quote author=cdoggett link=topic=92269.msg1131980#msg1131980 date=1322355425]
[/quote]

fair assessment...
[/quote]

Thanks. Are yall going to have yalls other speedster back by Friday? Whats his name?

[quote name="cdoggett" post="1132031" timestamp="1322356437"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=92269.msg1131987#msg1131987 date=1322355574]
[/quote]

fair assessment...
[/quote]

Thanks. Are yall going to have yalls other speedster back by Friday? Whats his name?
[/quote]

renfro... i hope

WOS is a very good team....They always seem to have a abundance of talent...I think the CS defense will be the difference...If the CS offense can execute the way they need to I think CS wins...If they don't then all bets are off because you can only let teams hang around so many times until it comes back to bite you...

I think WOS is the dog just becasuse of the rankings. Also its going to be like a home game for Coldspring. I know on the CS side it will be standing room only. If you want a seat you better get there early. I hope WOS travels a little better than they did today. Just an observation , I think the weather kept a lot of the good folks from Orange off the road. I dont think it could get any better than this. Go Trojans!

[quote name="Chs96" post="1131883" timestamp="1322353085"]
No disrespect to Bullard but WOS was twice their size and had twice the depth. Bullard made some bad plays ( 2 high snaps in WOS red zone) To me that was the turning pt of the game  I was there and watch the game until mid 4th. WOS has good size to match up with CS but they have a lack of speed on defense. Your running back is fast and can turn on the drop of a dime. I think his fumbles today werent his normal playing style. (JMO) But [b]TRUST me CS defense isn't like anything you guys have seen[/b]. I think BC and Lorena would have sent you guys home a long time ago.  Hey its the playoffs and at this level anything can happen  I hope its a good game without any injuries. Good luck to both
sides.
PS I know I will get dogged for this but JMO!!!
[/quote]
WOS played against arguably the best defense in SETX the first week of the season when they played Nederland. WOS scored 20 points in a close game at Nederland. WOS must reduce their TOs. If they do, then i pick them to win.

WOS 26
Coldspring 22

[quote name="cdoggett" post="1132118" timestamp="1322358362"]
. I hope WOS travels a little better than they did today. Just an observation , I think the weather kept a lot of the good folks from Orange off the road. [/quote]

Actually I thought there seemed to be a lot more WOS in the stands today than on Bullards side. Come to think of it... I think 5-10% of those were from Coldspring. ;) 

[quote name="venom33" post="1132061" timestamp="1322356947"]
[quote author=cdoggett link=topic=92269.msg1132031#msg1132031 date=1322356437]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=92269.msg1131987#msg1131987 date=1322355574]
[/quote]

fair assessment...
[/quote]

[/quote]

renfro... i hope
[/quote]

Yes, Renfro will be back.

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1132136" timestamp="1322358828"]
[quote author=cdoggett link=topic=92269.msg1132118#msg1132118 date=1322358362]
. I hope WOS travels a little better than they did today. Just an observation , I think the weather kept a lot of the good folks from Orange off the road. [/quote]

Actually I thought there seemed to be a lot more WOS in the stands today than on Bullards side. Come to think of it... I think 5-10% of those were from Coldspring. ;)
[/quote]

I guess I didnt get the memo. I was on the WOS side.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="cdoggett" post="1132139" timestamp="1322358939"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=92269.msg1132130#msg1132130 date=1322358622]
Can't wait bc going to be a good one. Who's the home team? CS?
[/quote]

Coldspring's home.
[/quote]

Anyone tailgating?

I'm super excited this game has come to fruition.  The fact is that W-OS struggled early in the year offensively against some very good teams and lost.  We have struggled offensively here lately and won.  I think it is the heart of a champion driving the Trojans.  We have found ways to score and come away with a win.  Whether it be on offense, defense, or special teams.  That is how championship teams win.  They just find a way.  Everything is not cut and dry.  I do believe that W-OS had the easier side of the bracket with Cleveland, Columbus, and Bullard.  We have had the tougher side with some very good teams including one from ya'lls on district who played ya'll very tough.  We can compare anything and everything that ya want.  The fact is that this is gonna come down to who wants it more and plays the most mistake free football.  I love our chances of beating ya'll because I know how much these guys want this.  They left a bad taste in their mouth after last years title game loss.  We are on a mission.  That mission is getting back to Dallas and winning it all.  The same could be said for W-OS.  I missed all the previous meetings between us.  I wont be missing this one.  Hopefully we can tie up the series and keep on rolling.  Good luck to both teams.

Coldspring-17
W-OS- 14

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012