Dayton vs Manvel

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger is NOT always better... The bigger they are the harder they fall  ;D Win or lose Dayton will for sure make a statement come Friday.... Especially if they play like they did last night...

[quote name="octfeb" post="1125440" timestamp="1321808180"]
Bigger is NOT always better... The bigger they are the harder they fall  ;D Win or lose Dayton will for sure make a statement come Friday.... Especially if they play like they did last night...
[/quote]

AH will give them fits with his scrambling ability...offenses won't be the issue, who's going to win the turnover battle and make a few stops on defense will be the key.

[quote name="liltex" post="1125271" timestamp="1321795740"]
I like our chances if we play pedal down for 4 qtrs w/no huddle hurry up offense.We can score quick but have tendences of letting up when we get a comfortable lead.Nobody has a hotter hand than Herrera now w/2,806 pass yds,702 coming in the playoffs.Herrera now w/9 playoff games and has 5,863 pass yds in 2 3/4 seasons for 46 tds=16 ints.Best kicker in 4a setting records w/a year to play 8)
[/quote]

[color=purple]I don't think scoring quick would be in Dayton's favor. Because this Manvel team is fast paced and would love if they got a shootout. I think if Dayton can hold on to the ball and get results out of those long time consuming drives then they can win the game, but if it turns into a shootout then I would have to go with Manvel. But if it comes down to field goals then I put my lifetime earnings on Dayton  :)[/color]

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1125432" timestamp="1321807792"]
They wont be any bigger than ike just a better team. I cant stand it when people say man this team is big and fast. No crap all the teams in the 3rd round are big and fast. All the small slow ones are sitting at home. They slipped by elcampo in the first round by 8 pts this team is far from unbeatable. Bronx play like they did last night I like our chances
[/quote]

It was by 15 points and El Campo was no slouch.....look at the teams they lost to previous....Angleton and Terry...both decent playoffs teams....

Manvel will be tough to beat [b]BUT[/b] DA BRONX are playing solid football right now and improving every week. If DA BRONX actually put 4 qrts together they will be in it with a fighting chance. Make no mistake you will not shut down the MAN O but the key is to contain them and keep the MAN D on da field. No stupid penalties / turnovers and it can go any way. U got this BRONX....  send tha message early and dont look back  ;)

Honestly, I like it when Dayton plays the more superior teams, so to speak.  You get the best out of your kids IMO when they face this kind of talent.  There will be no inferiority complex by the Broncos, they just go out and play.  I will be the first to say this, I haven't necessarily bought into their system this year with all the ups and downs BUT they have made me a believer.  Broncos are peaking at the right time.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1125474" timestamp="1321811138"]
Honestly, I like it when Dayton plays the more superior teams, so to speak.  You get the best out of your kids IMO when they face this kind of talent.  There will be no inferiority complex by the Broncos, they[b] just go out and play.[/b]  I will be the first to say this, I haven't necessarily bought into their system this year with all the ups and downs BUT they have made me a believer.  Broncos are peaking at the right time.
[/quote]
TRUE DAT  ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1125471" timestamp="1321810900"]
Never said elcampo was a slouch. My point was they were tied with manvel at halftime so manvel is not unbeatable. Also last year manvel beat lm in district and lost to lm in the playoffs. I actually picked manvel to beat brenham for the region at the start of the year.
[/quote]

LM beat Manvel both times last year. Manvel beat LM in district this year. Hopefully they will meet again this year and we can beat them in the playoffs as your post stated.......

Just like to say"Great job new HC Joel Hancock/staff"here we are like nothin has ever changed.I couldn't be more proud of the job well done w/such a young OL/DL line,overcoming setbacks of injuries.My heart feels for Jakarri as he watches and wishes he could do his part in the games.Go Broncos this is your team.Records are falling and all playing well,this is a team sport so thanks and Always Believe ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1125507" timestamp="1321812598"]
Was manvel the only descent team yall beat in district. I thought last year yall finished in 4th place.
[/quote]

Yep we did finish 4th place......Dawson, Manvel, Friendswood and LM (cant remember exact order other than LM being in the last position to go to playoffs). All of the teams had pretty decent runs with the last one in going all the way to state......

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1125516" timestamp="1321812943"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=91921.msg1125507#msg1125507 date=1321812598]
Was manvel the only descent team yall beat in district. I thought last year yall finished in 4th place.
[/quote]

Yep we did finish 4th place......Dawson, Manvel, Friendswood and LM (cant remember exact order other than LM being in the last position to go to playoffs). All of the teams had pretty decent runs with the last one in going all the way to state......
[/quote]Coug4eva...  How would you compare the offensive and defensive line yall had last years to this years, and what is Manvels offensive and defensive lines like?  To me that was the difference in last year's game between Dayton and LaMarque.  Thanks for all the information.

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1125494" timestamp="1321812026"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=91921.msg1125471#msg1125471 date=1321810900]
Never said elcampo was a slouch. My point was they were tied with manvel at halftime so manvel is not unbeatable. Also last year manvel beat lm in district and lost to lm in the playoffs. I actually picked manvel to beat brenham for the region at the start of the year.
[/quote]

LM beat Manvel both times last year. Manvel beat LM in district this year. Hopefully they will meet again this year and we can beat them in the playoffs as your post stated.......
[/quote][sub][/sub]

I wouldn't look too far ahead if I were LM, Ozen might have some different plans for y'all. As for Manvel, they are a good but beatable. I'll take the Broncos over anybody right now.

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1125516" timestamp="1321812943"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=91921.msg1125507#msg1125507 date=1321812598]
[/quote]

[/quote]well at least yall got hot at the right time. Daytons has more playoff wins than any 4a team in region3 the last 5 years but hasnt been able to close the deal.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1125527" timestamp="1321813887"]
[quote author=Coog4eva link=topic=91921.msg1125516#msg1125516 date=1321812943]
[/quote]

[/quote]Coug4eva...  How would you compare the offensive and defensive line yall had last years to this years, and what is Manvels offensive and defensive lines like?  To me that was the difference in last year's game between Dayton and LaMarque.  Thanks for all the information.
[/quote]

LMs line play has been porous and suspect both seasons.  The only difference this year is the new coach knows it and he makes adjustments as needed. Last year's coach not such much.....You can also look at the skill positions. LM is young this year on the line but the majority of the skill position players have been on varsity three to four years. The way to beat LM is to make them turn the ball over. The two losses that the Coogs had this year that was the determining factor. Teams that capitalize win and yes Manvel's line is huge.

I'm pulling for Dayton, but Manvel is fast! They have some athletes. They should be able to run fairly well on Dayton's defense. If Herrera can get his offense rolling, and not worry about what's happening to the Dayton defense they may be able to win a shootout considering Carranco is the best player ever.  ;D

[quote name="NewIndian" post="1125063" timestamp="1321763604"]
Be warned this is the dirtiest team you will play all year long
[/quote]
I remember seeing the posts last year after the Manvel png game(parents saying how dirty we played)....so I asked my son what went on....seems some indians used the N bomb. Unfortunately retaliatory trash talking ensued....I can see that newindian is upset, but sitting on the couch after the 2nd round can do that...my butt is still a little sore from 4th round last year..good luck Dayton  and HOKA HEY!

[quote name="MavDad2012" post="1125941" timestamp="1321838324"]
[quote author=NewIndian link=topic=91921.msg1125063#msg1125063 date=1321763604]
[/quote]
I remember seeing the posts last year after the Manvel png game(parents saying how dirty we played)....so I asked my son what went on....seems some indians used the N bomb. Unfortunately retaliatory trash talking ensued....I can see that newindian is upset, but sitting on the couch after the 2nd round can do that...my butt is still a little sore from 4th round last year..good luck Dayton  and [b]HOKA HEY[/b]!
[/quote] Ok thats twice i seen this.... what is [b]HOKA HEY[/b]?

[quote name="octfeb" post="1125969" timestamp="1321840520"]
[quote author=MavDad2012 link=topic=91921.msg1125941#msg1125941 date=1321838324]
[quote author=NewIndian link=topic=91921.msg1125063#msg1125063 date=1321763604]
[/quote]
I remember seeing the posts last year after the Manvel png game(parents saying how dirty we played)....so I asked my son what went on....seems some indians used the N bomb. Unfortunately retaliatory trash talking ensued....I can see that newindian is upset, but sitting on the couch after the 2nd round can do that...my butt is still a little sore from 4th round last year..good luck Dayton  and [b]HOKA HEY[/b]!
[/quote] Ok thats twice i seen this.... what is [b]HOKA HEY[/b]?
[/quote]You will hear it alot Friday night!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder