Dayton vs Manvel

ATWILDCAT is glad Friendswood beat TX City or they would of been facing Manvel in the playoffs. I watched Manvel manhandle Friendswood in a blowout this year and like everyone has been saying Manvel is loaded.  Friendswood did find a small crack in Manvels secondary and launch 2 or 3 long passes for TD's. No doubt about it Dayton is the underdog in this contest but if I was Manvel I wouldn't look to far past this game !

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1127888" timestamp="1322011691"]
ATWILDCAT is glad Friendswood beat TX City or they would of been facing Manvel in the playoffs. I watched Manvel manhandle Friendswood in a blowout this year and like everyone has been saying Manvel is loaded.  Friendswood did find a small crack in Manvels secondary and launch 2 or 3 long passes for TD's. No doubt about it Dayton is the underdog in this contest but if I was Manvel I wouldn't look to far past this game !
[/quote]Yeah we are loaded over here in Manvel, Texas.  These kids fear none and are coming in confident that they can beat any team across from them... but I hope it doesn't turn into over confidence.  Our last 2 games were not our best games at all!  We are due a good performance... And if we perform up to our capabilities it'll be hard for Dayton to score 2 TD's, nor stop Manvel from putting up 40-50 points.  But Dayton will not lay down for any team, so it should be a great game Friday!

A certain co-worker of mine (I'll just refer to him as T-bone for annonymity's sake) is a rather large (and I do mean large) Maverick fan. Hokey Pokey whatever! Fortunately for the Bronco faithful and the Bronco coaching staff, T-bone has unwittingly given me some useful insight to defeating the Mavericks.

According to T-bone, the Manvel coaching staff does not always perform up to his expectations. So all Dayton has to do is play good smart football, and sit back and wait for the "oppurtunities" to present themselves. T-bone has also let me know (between just him and I) how worried the Manvel coaching staff is to be facing one of the premier staffs in southeast Texas. So as we all know how better coaching wins in high school football, I'm putting my money on the Broncos! Game winning fg with under a minute seals it. 38-35 Dayton. So sorry T-bone! Enjoy soccer season!

[quote name="MavDad2012" post="1127998" timestamp="1322019419"]
All of this over-confidence reminds me of something.....Imperial Admiral Yamamoto upon completion of the attack on Pearl Harbor he is quoted as saying "We have awakened a sleeping giant and have instilled in him a terrible resolve"
[/quote]

What overconfidence? Manvel's the giant here and they've obviously not been sleeping. You can't even pretend to be the underdog here. Some fans trying to justify how their team will win is just that. There are posts all over this thread of how well Dayton will have to play to pull this one off. Oh well, keep stirring and maybe you'll get some bulletin board material for your kid. Not that they should need any motivation.

[quote name="dayton" post="1128001" timestamp="1322019620"]
[quote author=MavDad2012 link=topic=91921.msg1127998#msg1127998 date=1322019419]
All of this over-confidence reminds me of something.....Imperial Admiral Yamamoto upon completion of the attack on Pearl Harbor he is quoted as saying "We have awakened a sleeping giant and have instilled in him a terrible resolve"
[/quote]

What overconfidence? Manvel's the giant here and they've obviously not been sleeping. You can't even pretend to be the underdog here. Some fans trying to justify how their team will win is just that. There are posts all over this thread of how well Dayton will have to play to pull this one off. Oh well, keep stirring and maybe you'll get some bulletin board material for your kid. Not that they should need any motivation.
[/quote]
Yep! Last I checked, Manvel is the favorite state wide. But like I said, dont't be too surprised if it doesn't work out for you. Ask Brenham? Anything can happen.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1128009" timestamp="1322020579"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=91921.msg1128001#msg1128001 date=1322019620]
[quote author=MavDad2012 link=topic=91921.msg1127998#msg1127998 date=1322019419]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yep! Last I checked, Manvel is the favorite state wide. But like I said, dont't be too surprised if it doesn't work out for you. Ask Brenham? Anything can happen.
[/quote]Manvel should be picked to win... 12-0, 10-0 in 24-4A... It's fair!
As for underdogs and Brenhams upset... There's most definitely a chance, but look how many underdogs @ home also!  Its almost Friday!!

[quote name="octfeb" post="1128314" timestamp="1322068560"]
http://www.thevindicator.com/sports/article_4574f22c-14a8-11e1-b8f1-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=story

Heres something for you Manvel Fans to chew on  ;D
[/quote]Looks good... Manvel will also chew on the fact that Dayton defense give up around 230 yards rushing & 24 points per game!

Manvel has not faced an offense that is as pass-centric as Dayton’s yet this year. This will be a good test for them. They have faced two outstanding offenses with very balanced attacks, including great passing games: La Marque and Dawson. LM’s and Dawson’s QBs seem very similar to Dayton’s from a passing efficiency and scrambling perspective. They both struggled against Manvel’s D. Here’s a comparison of the teams’ QBs, along with how LM’s and Dawson’s did against the Manvel D:

NCAA rating        NFL rating        Rushing YDs      Rushing YPC
Manvel (combo)    196.7                  126.7                  822                7.98
  McCarley          202.0                  132.5                  211                9.17
  Walker            191.9                  121.3                  611                7.64
Williams (LM)        171.0                  111.5                  348                4.97
Kimble (Dawson)  163.5                  109.6                  415                5.61
Herrera              159.7                  109.2                  448                4.98

Williams@Manvel  117.2                    66.0                  17                1.7
Kimble@Manvel      86.0                    48.1                    0                    0

It’s interesting that the only two teams that have had [i][b]any [/b] [/i] success in throwing against Manvel are Friendswood and Yates – two teams that are normally primarily running teams. Manvel shut down their running games, but gave up a few long completions to them. But the challenge with trying to play long ball against Manvel is their D line. They will get to the QB more often than not. And the Manvel secondary is better than some may think. They have only given up two passing TDs this year – one for 7 yds and one for 10 yds. Teams may complete an occasional long pass, but it is almost always into solid coverage. It’s very rare for anyone to flat-out beat the Manvel secondary deep.

On the other side, Dayton has not faced an offense as balanced and potent as Manvel’s. Dayton’s defense is its weak spot, particularly its rushing D. Dayton’s opponents’ offenses have consistently exceeded their season averages against the Dayton D. The Dayton D will have to really step up to prevent Manvel from scoring at will.

Dayton’s advantage is that they seem to be peaking. Their past two games have been among their best of the season, while Manvel has looked somewhat flat in its last two games. If Manvel plays the type of ball they did against La Marque and Dawson, they should win easily. If both teams play like they have the past two weeks, it’s a toss up.

If you go back and look at alot of those long passes against Manvel the defensive back had good coverage on the receivers. They just didn't make the play. Also, some of those were against 2nd and 3rd team DB's. Manvel averages 224 yards passing a game, and 216 yards rushing a game. They are very balanced this season. Nice information RHBoiler.

[quote name="MAVFAN10" post="1128365" timestamp="1322072791"]
If you go back and look at alot of those long passes against Manvel the defensive back had good coverage on the receivers. They just didn't make the play. Also, some of those were against 2nd and 3rd team DB's. Manvel averages 224 yards passing a game, and 216 yards rushing a game. They are very balanced this season. Nice information RHBoiler.
[/quote]That's what 440 yards per game and pulled starters in all but 3 games... LaMarque, Dawson & El Campo.  Well I think some back-ups were used against Dawson too.

[quote name="songone" post="1128447" timestamp="1322076914"]
[quote author=MAVFAN10 link=topic=91921.msg1128365#msg1128365 date=1322072791]
[/quote]That's what 440 yards per game and pulled starters in all but 3 games... LaMarque, Dawson & El Campo.  Well I think some back-ups were used against Dawson too.
[/quote] Don't say stuff like that. ;D I'm looking for the Broncos to win, (Hopefully). If Dayton wins it's gonna be double sweet. Why you ask? Because it's gonna make that whiner :'( AKA BHFAN have that much more ENVY for the MIGHTY BRONCOS  8) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder