Dayton vs Manvel

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of LK Travis Manvel in my opinion has the best team in the state. The Bronco's are peaking at the right time and will have to lay it all out to  beat Manvel . Our "D" will have to force some 3 and outs to keep Manvel's explosive offense on ice and hopefully create some turnovers. Our offence needs to click with alot of points to keep pace with Manvel and not let the game get out of hand . At least with our kicker we can bank on Manvel haveing to play from the long side of the field and earning every yard they get .

Unless they are much better than last year, I can not see them beating us tomorrow. I watched a team last year (in Manvel) play unorganized, sloppy, along with horrible play calling manage to pull it out against PNG, in whom I was not very impressed with either. This PNG team this year, was more talented. I could be wrong, but I just was not impressed last year with Manvel.

Dayton 42
Manvel 38

Broncos Advance to take on Lam. Cougars in a Re-Match !!!

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1129131" timestamp="1322173541"]
Unless they are much better than last year, I can not see them beating us tomorrow. I watched a team last year (in Manvel) play unorganized, sloppy, along with horrible play calling manage to pull it out against PNG, in whom I was not very impressed with either. This PNG team this year, was more talented. I could be wrong, but I just was not impressed last year with Manvel.

Dayton 42
Manvel 38

[/quote]Manvel had PNG 56-19 going into the 4th... You are obviously speaking of the 3rd teamers that gave up some scores! 

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1129131" timestamp="1322173541"]

Dayton 42
Manvel 38

[/quote]

Manvel is much improved over last year. Much better passing game, more balanced and explosive offense, much better defense.

I'm curious -- Manvel has played much better offensive teams than Dayton, teams that average over 40 points per game -- and held them well under 30 points. What is it about Dayton's offense that will allow them to do what no one else has been able to do this year?

And only two teams have held Manvel under 40 points this year. What will Dayton's defense do to keep them under 40?

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1129167" timestamp="1322176232"]
[quote author=JohnSmith link=topic=91921.msg1129131#msg1129131 date=1322173541]

Dayton 42
Manvel 38

[/quote]

Manvel is much improved over last year. Much better passing game, more balanced and explosive offense, much better defense.

I'm curious -- Manvel has played much better offensive teams than Dayton, teams that average over 40 points per game -- and held them well under 30 points. [b]What is it about Dayton's offense that will allow them to do what no one else has been able to do this year?[/b]

And only two teams have held Manvel under 40 points this year. [b]What will Dayton's defense do to keep them under 40?[/b]
[/quote] If we told ya it wouldn't be a surprise now would it? ;D

[quote name="7mary3" post="1128660" timestamp="1322096436"]
I watched the Manvel v Yates contest...pretty sloppy.  If Manvel didn't score 50 plus points on them it would have been a travesty because [i][b]I know for a fact Dayton would have scored 50 plus on them w/out the turnovers.[/b][/i]  This game is going to be fun.  I don't mind Dayton scoring quickly and often but I sure do like them long sustained drives to give our defense a rest.  Lots of points in this game.
[/quote]

That's pretty funny, 7mary3. Dayton hasn't hit 50 against anyone this year, even defensive powerhouses like Galena Park, CE King and Houston North Forest. Yet you "know for a fact" they would have done so against Yates.  ::)

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1129175" timestamp="1322176756"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1128660#msg1128660 date=1322096436]
I watched the Manvel v Yates contest...pretty sloppy.  If Manvel didn't score 50 plus points on them it would have been a travesty because [i][b]I know for a fact Dayton would have scored 50 plus on them w/out the turnovers.[/b][/i]  This game is going to be fun.  I don't mind Dayton scoring quickly and often but I sure do like them long sustained drives to give our defense a rest.  Lots of points in this game.
[/quote]

That's pretty funny, 7mary3. Dayton hasn't hit 50 against anyone this year, even defensive powerhouses like Galena Park, CE King and Houston North Forest. Yet you "know for a fact" they would have done so against Yates.  ::)
[/quote]

Those teams are not Yates and it was just my OBSERVATION...all those other games/teams dont mean squat!  When the playoffs start the season starts over, oh wait, yall are still new to all this post-season stuff...

[quote name="7mary3" post="1129184" timestamp="1322177427"]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=91921.msg1129175#msg1129175 date=1322176756]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1128660#msg1128660 date=1322096436]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah our school 3 or 4 years old, but we are learning fast! 

Those teams are not Yates and it was just my OBSERVATION...all those other games/teams dont mean squat!  When the playoffs start the season starts over, oh wait, yall are still new to all this post-season stuff...
[/quote]

[quote name="songone" post="1129214" timestamp="1322181083"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1129211#msg1129211 date=1322180754]
Guess we'll find out tomorrow, countdown baby  8)
[/quote]Yeah... Can't wait!
[/quote]

Ready to see how this weak 19-4A team matches up to all those Div 1 athletes yall have down there on that already crowned State Championship team..... ::)

The pressure is all on Manvel, Dayton wasn't even expected to go this far regardless of our runs every year.  Daytons going to have fun w/this one  ;D

[quote name="7mary3" post="1129219" timestamp="1322181408"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=91921.msg1129214#msg1129214 date=1322181083]
[/quote]

Ready to see how this weak 19-4A team matches up to all those Div 1 athletes yall have down there on that already crowned State Championship team..... ::)

The pressure is all on Manvel, Dayton wasn't even expected to go this far regardless of our runs every year.  Daytons going to have fun w/this one  ;D
[/quote]Kids must have done something good for the experts to have such a great vision for us... But we are gonna take one game at a time... Starting with your ponies!

[quote name="songone" post="1129223" timestamp="1322183162"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1129219#msg1129219 date=1322181408]
[quote author=songone link=topic=91921.msg1129214#msg1129214 date=1322181083]
[/quote]

[/quote]Kids must have done something good for the experts to have such a great vision for us... But we are gonna take one game at a time... Starting with your ponies!
[/quote]

I read right through that article in the barnicle, the Manvel Head Coach is already looking past the lil'Ponies.  Like I said, the Broncos have absolutely no pressure on them.  The kids and fans @ Manvel should be excited being highly ranked and as stated already have won the Championship.  To me that puts alot of pressure on them kids when they havent been there before.  This mediocre Dayton team just might surprise ya....

[quote name="songone" post="1129162" timestamp="1322175915"]

Dayton 42
Manvel 38

[/quote]Manvel had PNG 56-19 going into the 4th... You are obviously speaking of the 3rd teamers that gave up some scores!
[/quote]the game was tied at 21 at halftime. Manvel had a big 3rd quarter abd png had a big 4th quarter and lost by 10

No doubt manvel is a beast but dayton is hot and knows how to win. What I keep thinki.g about is all the talent we have coming back next year. If we find a way to do this this year next year should be another very deep run. Keep saying it 16 starters coming back and a freshman class that outscored opponents by over 300 pts. Now lets get this done tomorrow bronx not ready to end this season.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1129259" timestamp="1322186052"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=91921.msg1129162#msg1129162 date=1322175915]

Dayton 42
Manvel 38

[/quote]the game was tied at 21 at halftime. Manvel had a big 3rd quarter abd png had a big 4th quarter and lost by 10
[/quote]Big quarter against the 3rd team!

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1129278" timestamp="1322187585"]
Why was it tied at halftime your first team didnt play the first half
[/quote]Well, the game is 4th quarters... you don't go to the next round for being tied at half.  But PNG was playing decent and the teams were feeling each other out.  Why was Manvel up about 30 points going into the fourth?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami