Dayton vs Manvel

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see this matchup.  The broncos have played to the level of competition all year long, the better the opponent, the better the performance.  I'm looking forward to watching the broncos take it up to another level this Friday.

Am I getting this right?  The Mavericks whose mascot brings to mind a loose steer or wild west cowboy chant an American Indian war cry of Hoka Hey.  This would be like the Broncos chanting Acme Glue Factory.  Sounds like a case of the Chaz Bono's to me.

[quote name="NewIndian" post="1127217" timestamp="1321959762"]
[quote author=MavDad2012 link=topic=91921.msg1125941#msg1125941 date=1321838324]
[quote author=NewIndian link=topic=91921.msg1125063#msg1125063 date=1321763604]
Be warned this is the dirtiest team you will play all year long
[/quote]
I remember seeing the posts last year after the Manvel png game(parents saying how dirty we played)....so I asked my son what went on....seems some indians used the N bomb. Unfortunately retaliatory trash talking ensued....I can see that newindian is upset, but sitting on the couch after the 2nd round can do that...my butt is still a little sore from 4th round last year..good luck Dayton  and HOKA HEY!
[/quote]

no more  sitting on the couch than u when LM dumped u the very next round
[/quote]They are selling tickets at the school... Come watch two teams that are better than yours!  Let go all the hating... That game was a year ago... We got to think about Dayton, not about a spectator.

Why are we talking about last years game manvel won last year they were the better team. No excuses here we lost. Dayton don't kid yourselves this manvel team is a beast, they were last year also. They are loaded with athletes. You have a great fieldgoal kicker but I don't think he will be the equalizer. It will have to be a total tem effort on both sides of the ball. Good luck to both teams hope noone gets hurt!

Dayton knows manvel is a good team and we will have to play lights out to win. But what alot of people outside of dayton dont know is this is a very young team. I think we have 15 starters coming back and a freshman core that outscored their opponents by like 300 pts. So win or lose friday daytons better days are ahead of them. I really thought about halfway through the season we would be lucky to win a playoff game. But I have to give the coach and kids all the credit in the world for pulling things together and becoming a really good team. Cant wait till friday maybe the bronx got a little majic left for this season.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1127307" timestamp="1321972513"]
I'm interested to see this matchup.  The broncos have played to the level of competition all year long, the better the opponent, the better the performance.  I'm looking forward to watching the broncos take it up to another level this Friday.

Am I getting this right?  The Mavericks whose mascot brings to mind a loose steer or wild west cowboy chant an American Indian war cry of Hoka Hey.  This would be like the Broncos chanting Acme Glue Factory.  Sounds like a case of the Chaz Bono's to me.
[/quote]HAAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1127382" timestamp="1321977927"]
Dayton knows manvel is a good team and we will have to play lights out to win. But what alot of people outside of dayton dont know is this is a very young team. I think we have 15 starters coming back and a freshman core that outscored their opponents by like 300 pts. So win or lose friday daytons better days are ahead of them. I really thought about halfway through the season we would be lucky to win a playoff game. But I have to give the coach and kids all the credit in the world for pulling things together and becoming a really good team. Cant wait till friday maybe the bronx got a little majic left for this season.
[/quote]We just can't afford to play catch-up all night. We need to get something going early. I can't wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. "GO BRONCOS"

I have not seen Manvel play.. nor do i know how big they really are.. But from reading things about them on here.. They are BIG... and maybe when they play teams they try to throw out a intimidation factor. perhaps maybe a bully style intimidation.  IF this is their style of playing, I don't think it will work on the Broncos. JMO

[quote name="octfeb" post="1127406" timestamp="1321979602"]
I have not seen Manvel play.. nor do i know how big they really are.. But from reading things about them on here.. They are BIG... and maybe when they play teams they try to throw out a intimidation factor. perhaps maybe a bully style intimidation.  IF this is their style of playing, I don't think it will work on the Broncos. JMO
[/quote]

You're right.  Broncos don't get intimidated.  We love a good fight. 

[quote name="olc71749" post="1127454" timestamp="1321982543"]
la marque vs manvel 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUCH8dAksVs can someone tell me if this footage has the right date on it , cause it looks like la marque stuck it to them pretty good.
[/quote]Yes... Right date.  That's a LM highlight film, but Manvel won 29-15.  GREAT GAME!

[quote name="songone" post="1127472" timestamp="1321984991"]
[quote author=olc71749 link=topic=91921.msg1127454#msg1127454 date=1321982543]
la marque vs manvel 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUCH8dAksVs can someone tell me if this footage has the right date on it , cause it looks like la marque stuck it to them pretty good.
[/quote]Yes... Right date.  That's a LM highlight film, but Manvel won 29-15.  GREAT GAME!
[/quote]Thanks, I cant find Manvels highlights for that game though , whoever put it together made it look like LM tore them up...lol

You can watch the entire 2011 LM / Manvel game at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17514347 . that will give you a very different perspective on the game.

Manvel put up almost 500 yards on LM, over 200 more than anyone else has done this year. And Manvel's D held LM to only one offensive touchdown.

LM fans will probably point out that LM had 3 redzone possessions and did not score due to turnovers or failed 4th down conversions. But Manvel also had three fumbles in LM territory (2 of them unforced) and a dropped pass at the goal line. So both teams left points on the field.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1127484" timestamp="1321985834"]
You can watch the entire 2011 LM / Manvel game at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17514347 . that will give you a very different perspective on the game.

Manvel put up almost 500 yards on LM, over 200 more than anyone else has done this year. And Manvel's D held LM to only one offensive touchdown.

LM fans will probably point out that LM had 3 redzone possessions and did not score due to turnovers or failed 4th down conversions. But Manvel also had three fumbles in LM territory (2 of the unforced) and a dropped pass at the goal line. So both teams left points on the field.
[/quote]Man I appreciate that!

My two cents. Manvel has only played two teams on their schedule that would even be considered deep playoff contenders, LaMarque & Dawson, in which they both beat.  La Marque gave them a run for their money and Dawson not so much.  El Campo shouldnt even be in the mix.  Manvel will be a huge test for the Broncos and both offenses are going to put sum points on the board.  This game will come down to defense and turnovers.  Dayton will just have to contain Manvels offense and hope to catch some breaks.   

[quote name="octfeb" post="1127373" timestamp="1321977638"]
well Manvel better have some speed racers.. Cause when Herrera throws to the receivers... Unless Manvel can run.. They not gonna catch um...
[/quote]

MAN O MAN, you are in for long night then.  Manvel is GOOD and much faster than Dayton. 

[quote name="7mary3" post="1127491" timestamp="1321986142"]
My two cents. Manvel has only played two teams on their schedule that would even be considered deep playoff contenders, LaMarque & Dawson, in which they both beat.  La Marque gave them a run for their money and Dawson not so much.  El Campo shouldnt even be in the mix.  Manvel will be a huge test for the Broncos and both offenses are going to put sum points on the board.  This game will come down to defense and turnovers.  Dayton will just have to contain Manvels offense and hope to catch some breaks. 
[/quote]El Campo is a very good team.... All losses to top 10 teams... Terry, Angleton, Manvel & Westside (5A).  And each team squeaked by!  Maybe you'll want to include those guys in the mix as well!

[quote name="songone" post="1127556" timestamp="1321988793"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91921.msg1127491#msg1127491 date=1321986142]
[/quote]El Campo is a very good team.... All losses to top 10 teams... Terry, Angleton, Manvel & Westside (5A).  And each team squeaked by!  Maybe you'll want to include those guys in the mix as well!
[/quote]

Dayton owns the Ricebirds.......rankings dont mean squat this deep in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder