Nederland vs. Houston Stratford Game Thread/Nederland wins in 2 OT!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very proud of this group today for overcoming the turnovers. Give credit to The Spartan defense because they had a lot to do with it. Our defense won this one.... again. I'm also proud of the Nederland fans for showing up in full force and being loud today. It makes a difference to those boys on the field. I can tell you that from experience. Lets do it again next week. The announcers on TSRN couldnt believe how many Nederland supporters showed up with it being in Houston. We need an even better showing next week. Hopefully my bark will be back by then!

The defense set the tone of the game and stood tall all game long but the offense stepped up when they had to. Raines struggled with the pass for most of the game, but when we needed it he threw a strike to Kemler and talking about a clutch catch this guy has it, he kept his eyes on the ball with the defender on him and then spun and put it in the end zone. Great game Dogs!

I should be unpuckered by sometime wednesday. At least my heart rate is down to about 225 now. If our O squashes that turnover bug next week WE WILL BEAT DAWSON. This team reminds me of 01 when we played Friendswood 12-0 going in and we were 9-3. At the end Friendswood was 12-1 and done and Ned rolled into state semi finals. We lost to Smithson Valley that had 2350 enrollment at the time and playing 4A ball. RESPECT EM ALL. FEAR NONE OF EM. ROLL 20 4A. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT. A GREAT 20 4A FAMILY!!!!!!!!

Ugly game. The defenses dominated for the most part. Until, OT when the Dogs passing game came alive! Colton Kimler is a beast! Only a soph. We gotta him the ball more. He makes things happen and is tough to bring down. Great job again, Dogs! One game at a time. Keep playing defense and limit the mistakes on offense and who knows? Good luck Vidor Pirates, Ozen Panthers, WOS Mustangs,, Dayton Broncos, Memorial Titans, and Kelly Bulldogs.

P.S.  Great game Houston Stratford. Your boys played with class and sportsmanship all day long and you should be proud. It was a great game that could have gone either way.

Great TEAM effort BULLDOGS!!!  One thing about U guys is U NEVER give up on each other and U fight til the END!!!  Wow, what a FINISH!!!  I personally like the no huddle O, we seem to play better on the GO,  ;). Keep it ROLLING DOGS and great Job Neumann and staff...

CONGRATS on the WIN and Good Luck next week!!!

Fun game to watch. I love that the defense stayed after the QB's and kept putting them on the ground on almost every play. Thats a very satisfying feeling as a fan that has watched our defense struggle for years. Third and long still seems to be a bad place for our defense to have a team,  although on the one that counted yesterday they got the job done. Its nice to have a solid defense to watch that is playing well in all aspects. Defensive ends are fantastic, wow.

The offense scares me, the talent is there its just what they are doing with it. Slow to develop run plays coupled with incredibly telegraphed inside handoffs, and pass plays that take forever to develop are just so obvious and put the line in a terrible position to have to just flat out overpower the defensive front cause they know exactly where the ball is going.. All things considered I think Carson has done a great job of threading a needle to get the ball to his receivers and its a miracle that he has not had more int's just because of the impossible situations he is throwing into. I say take advantage of corners playing 10 yards deep and take 5 yards a throw until they figure out how to stop it.  There were some incredible pass plays and catches by both teams when the heat was on. That TD that Stratford threw in OT was electric. 

Super fun game to watch. Cant wait till next week!!

congrats to nederland, well played game, you came up with a few good plays in ot...
  super proud of stratfords efforts, they played their hearts out,and when the starting qb and leading reciever both went down with fluke injuries early in game, they circled the wagons, and the d stepped up, team just came up a little short.......good luck in next round, enjoy the ride.......

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1125357" timestamp="1321803966"]
congrats to nederland, well played game, you came up with a few good plays in ot...
  super proud of stratfords efforts, they played their hearts out,and when the starting qb and leading reciever both went down with fluke injuries early in game, they circled the wagons, and the d stepped up, team just came up a little short.......good luck in next round, enjoy the ride.......
[/quote]You guys have a good program and gave Nederland all we could handle. The difference in the game was a nice pass in ot and a defensive series. Hope the injuries aren't serious and quick recoveries. Had those not occured the outcome could easily have been different. Best of luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder