Matchups matter more than Districts.

Cougtalk

This has been bothering me.

Ozen beating BH doesn't make your district better than anyone elses.

Ozen is a horrible match-up for BH because BH lacks speed at the corner and safety position.

They have an ok d line, very good line backers and a poor secondary.

BH lined up and beat nederland, but BH's weakness is speed.

Vidor beat Crosby because they used a size and power running game to pound the rock.

The cougars would have much rather played Nederland, PNG, Ozen because those teams don't line the ball up and smash you over the head.

However BH is far better equipped to handle a team like Vidor because they play a similar style of football.

BH will lose to very fast teams as their 2 losses show. (Crosby, Ozen) Probably the fastest 2 teams in our two districts.

this also explains why PNG plays well vs BH. 2 reasons 1. They play Vidor every season so they see that offense. 2. They are actually more atheltic than BH and can throw the ball effectively against them.

That is all. 3-1 for 20-4a and in all 3 wins your teams the match-up favored that team.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1118675" timestamp="1321369195"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91599.msg1118671#msg1118671 date=1321368971]
Tell that guy to read the bold in my signature.
[/quote]

I guess Soulja has made it out of mourning.  Just think of how much material you will have stored up when Central gets admitted back into the dance.
[/quote]I know, right?  8)

You make no sense, really. 

Vidor would match up better against BH because their style of play is similar.  BUT, Crosby has speed.  BUT, they had trouble against Vidor because of their style of play.  So by that reasoning, Ozen should have had the same issues against BH.

Whatever it takes to help you come to terms with it.  Whatever helps.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1118520" timestamp="1321341759"]

Ozen is a horrible match-up for BH because BH lacks speed at the corner and safety position.

Vidor beat Crosby because they used a size and power running game to pound the rock.

The cougars would have much rather played Nederland, PNG, Ozen because those teams don't line the ball up and smash you over the head.

However BH is far better equipped to handle a team like Vidor because they play a similar style of football.

BH will lose to very fast teams as their 2 losses show. (Crosby, Ozen) Probably the fastest 2 teams in our two districts.

this also explains why PNG plays well vs BH. 2 reasons 1. They play Vidor every season so they see that offense. 2. They are actually more atheltic than BH and can throw the ball effectively against them.

That is all. 3-1 for 20-4a and in all 3 wins your teams the match-up favored that team.
[/quote]
Ozen is a horrible match-up for BH  ???... BH and Vidor runs a similar style offense..let me remind you Vidor beat Ozen....with that similar style offense!!
Get over it... Vidor beat Ozen and Crosby two fast teams...BH got beat by two fast teams Ozen and Crosby.. Didn't Crosby just play BH and beat them a week earlier..I thought BH and Vidor ran similar style offenses..Am I missing something....just shows what has been said all along is true....so stop  :'( :'(

Unbelievable. Had your district gone 3-1 against us, every single 19-4A poster would be on here saying the matchups could not have been better. But when the results come out to our favor you blame it on the matchups? It's football, that's how it works. I'm sorry, but someone needs to realize that our district is actually better than theirs.

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1118727" timestamp="1321371860"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=91599.msg1118520#msg1118520 date=1321341759]

[/quote]
Ozen is a horrible match-up for BH  ???... BH and Vidor runs a similar style offense..let me remind you Vidor beat Ozen....with that similar style offense!!
Get over it... Vidor beat Ozen and Crosby two fast teams...BH got beat by two fast teams Ozen and Crosby.. Didn't Crosby just play BH and beat them a week earlier..I thought BH and Vidor ran similar style offenses..Am I missing something....just shows what has been said all along is true....so stop  :'( :'(
[/quote]

That's what I said!  19-4A (minus Dayton) talking themselves into a hole again.  Don't know when to shut up!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1118746" timestamp="1321372922"]
I would think that Barbers Hill and Vidor are very similar teams, both offensively and defensively.

You say that Ozen was a matchup problem for BH, but Vidor had no problem with Ozen, beating them in district. ;)
[/quote]Vidor did beat Ozen, but they did have problems as well.  ;) ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1118752" timestamp="1321373185"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91599.msg1118746#msg1118746 date=1321372922]
I would think that Barbers Hill and Vidor are very similar teams, both offensively and defensively.

You say that Ozen was a matchup problem for BH, but Vidor had no problem with Ozen, beating them in district. ;)
[/quote]

Problem or not last time I checked....A win is a win...  ;)

[quote name="invictus" post="1118732" timestamp="1321372151"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=91599.msg1118727#msg1118727 date=1321371860]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=91599.msg1118520#msg1118520 date=1321341759]

[/quote]
[/quote]

That's what I said!  19-4A [size=18pt](minus Dayton)[/size] talking themselves into a hole again.  Don't know when to shut up!
[/quote]

I like the (minus dayton) part. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1118752" timestamp="1321373185"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91599.msg1118746#msg1118746 date=1321372922]

[/quote]

But they won!  ;)  And why, with all of Crosby's speed did they just not run away from Vidor?  Run past them, run by them?

It is what it is....at the end of the day, Vidor BEAT Crosby (no matter how you cut the pie, it still tastes the same) Nederland won and Ozen who were 5-5 BEAT BH who were 9-1.

Suck it up and get over it....20-4A......3........19-4A....1. 

If the tables were turned then you wouldn't hear any of the 19-4A teams making excuses!!!! Have fun with basketball season!!  ;)

It's not about matchups, it's about having your team prepared and ready to play on game day. If Vidor and Crosby met again who knows what the outcome would be, just like if Nederland and Barbers Hill played again or PNG and Dayton, the teams at the top are pretty close, but you only get one shot at the win and Crosby with all that speed couldn't do it when it mattered. When Nederland lost to Barbers Hill they(Ned) actually out played them and had the game won if not for a missed FG from short range, but they missed and BH handed Nederland their only loss of the year and all anybody remembers is Barbers Hill beat the 20-4a champion, which they did.

Hey 19-4A, I will go ahead and say it for you, 20-4A got lucky in going 3-1 in bi-district. Had nothing to do with match ups, coaching, heart, desire, mental toughness, composure, none of that, WE GOT LUCKY! There we said it, y'all feel better? Now go play basketball! Good luck Pirates, Panthers and Bulldogs! Let's all get lucky again this weekend.

[quote name="football04" post="1118821" timestamp="1321376328"]
It's not about matchups, it's about having your team prepared and ready to play on game day. If Vidor and Crosby met again who knows what the outcome would be, just like if Nederland and Barbers Hill played again or PNG and Dayton, the teams at the top are pretty close, but you only get one shot at the win and Crosby with all that speed couldn't do it when it mattered. When Nederland lost to Barbers Hill they(Ned) actually out played them and had the game won if not for a missed FG from short range, but they missed and BH handed Nederland their only loss of the year and all anybody remembers is Barbers Hill beat the 20-4a champion, which they did.
[/quote]

Ned did not outplay BH in that game BH fumbled the game away and almost gave it to Ned! Then Ned felt sorry for us and shanked a fiedgoal ;D The only two games that were won in the first round handily was Ned and Vidor. BH and Dayton could have went either way! 20-4A wanted it more and came out and took it congrats! Now go and win some second round games, so we don't look like a bunch of chumps ;D

[quote name="VPATH" post="1118865" timestamp="1321378986"]
Hey 19-4A, I will go ahead and say it for you, 20-4A got lucky in going 3-1 in bi-district. Had nothing to do with match ups, coaching, heart, desire, mental toughness, composure, none of that, WE GOT LUCKY! There we said it, y'all feel better? Now go play basketball! Good luck Pirates, Panthers and Bulldogs! [b]Let's all get lucky again this weekend.[/b]
[/quote]

But use protection, please...

[quote name="invictus" post="1118881" timestamp="1321379468"]
[quote author=VPATH link=topic=91599.msg1118865#msg1118865 date=1321378986]
Hey 19-4A, I will go ahead and say it for you, 20-4A got lucky in going 3-1 in bi-district. Had nothing to do with match ups, coaching, heart, desire, mental toughness, composure, none of that, WE GOT LUCKY! There we said it, y'all feel better? Now go play basketball! Good luck Pirates, Panthers and Bulldogs! [b]Let's all get lucky again this weekend.[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[size=36pt][b]LMAO!!!!!!!![/b][/size]

[quote name="invictus" post="1118881" timestamp="1321379468"]
[quote author=VPATH link=topic=91599.msg1118865#msg1118865 date=1321378986]
[/quote]

[/quote]
;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder