Matchups matter more than Districts.

Cougtalk

This is a bit of a moot point.  I haven't been real impressed by any of the play east of Houston this year.  It's very plausible that no teams from 19 or 20 will remain after this weekend.  I've liked Vidor all year but I just don't think they have enough for Montgomery and Ozen has a huge hill to climb.  Nederland and Dayton could easily be sitting at home after this weekend as well.

[quote name="rollinac" post="1119049" timestamp="1321388566"]
This is a bit of a moot point.  I haven't been real impressed by any of the play east of Houston this year.  It's very plausible that no teams from 19 or 20 will remain after this weekend.  I've liked Vidor all year but I just don't think they have enough for Montgomery and Ozen has a huge hill to climb.  Nederland and Dayton could easily be sitting at home after this weekend as well.
[/quote]
We'll see after friday and saturday.  :)

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1118773" timestamp="1321374059"]
It is what it is....at the end of the day, Vidor BEAT Crosby (no matter how you cut the pie, it still tastes the same) Nederland won and Ozen who were 5-5 BEAT BH who were 9-1.

Suck it up and get over it....20-4A......3........19-4A....1. 

If the tables were turned then you wouldn't hear any of the 19-4A teams making excuses!!!! Have fun with basketball season!!  ;)
[/quote]

I'm in love!  :D ;D :D

[quote name="rollinac" post="1119049" timestamp="1321388566"]
[/quote]

If that happens, it will all be at the hands of 17-4A!  The district a couple posters called overrated earlier this year.... (you know who you are)  Well, here's your chance to prove it!

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1119130" timestamp="1321391567"]
I remember that and all four 17 4-A teams are still in it! [b]Overated and still playin![/b]
[/quote]

Well, then according to this thread, the 17-4A matchups weren't fair last weekend!! So y'all shouldn't have made a playoff sweep last weekend!! Hahaha!!! I just couldn't resist!!! Anyways, your 17-4A winning streak will end at the hands of 20-4A. ;) You can wait to say "thank you 20-4A" LOL

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1119145" timestamp="1321392559"]
No way that we get sweeped this weekend. I will be the first one to eat crow if that happens. But crazier things have happened.
[/quote]

Isn't that the truth!! We shall see in a few days what the end result is!! Man, Friday can't get here fast enough!

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1119152" timestamp="1321392860"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=91599.msg1119145#msg1119145 date=1321392559]
No way that we get sweeped this weekend. I will be the first one to eat crow if that happens. But crazier things have happened.
[/quote]

Isn't that the truth!! We shall see in a few days what the end result is!! Man, Friday can't get here fast enough!
[/quote]

Amen.... 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1118546" timestamp="1321359567"]
I do not wish to take away from your post are the point are very valid.  However, I, too, wonder that if the matchups had favored 19-4A and the bi-district play showed 19-4A to be 3-1 if this thread would have ever been started.
[/quote]

Honestly WOS, prolly not but that's just because the side of the fence i'm on.

However if it would have been Nederland/PNG had both lost i guarantee you you'd see similar stuff, not this because i have a point. 

FYI I have nothing but respect for Vidor, they are the best defense Crosby has played this year (Minus Dawson), and they executed perfectly all night.

I said that Crosby' weakness was a big pounding offense, and BH's was speed.

Vidor's biggest weakness would be a large front 7, because that would be able to stop them (Nederland.)

Bh can't handle speed at all it looks like hints they lose.

It's whatever but i'm just pointing out that the matchups do matter more than the districts.

Vidor is a better team than Crosby
Ozen is a better team than BH
however that doesn't mean PNG/Nederland are better teams than either.

BH beat nederland who went undefeated in district? does that mean they're better than 20-4a? Absolutely not.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1119759" timestamp="1321424805"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91599.msg1118546#msg1118546 date=1321359567]
I do not wish to take away from your post are the point are very valid.  However, I, too, wonder that if the matchups had favored 19-4A and the bi-district play showed 19-4A to be 3-1 if this thread would have ever been started.
[/quote]

Honestly WOS, prolly not but that's just because the side of the fence i'm on.

However if it would have been Nederland/PNG had both lost i guarantee you you'd see similar stuff, not this because i have a point. 

FYI I have nothing but respect for Vidor, they are the best defense Crosby has played this year (Minus Dawson), and they executed perfectly all night.

I said that Crosby' weakness was a big pounding offense, and BH's was speed.

Vidor's biggest weakness would be a large front 7, because that would be able to stop them (Nederland.)

Bh can't handle speed at all it looks like hints they lose.

It's whatever but i'm just pointing out that the matchups do matter more than the districts.

Vidor is a better team than Crosby
Ozen is a better team than BH
however that doesn't mean PNG/Nederland are better teams than either.

BH beat nederland who went undefeated in district? does that mean they're better than 20-4a? Absolutely not.
[/quote]
Good post. You hit it right on the dot Cougtalk.

Didnt ozen win by just 4 pts. This game was not a matchup problem it was a close game that bh could of won. I would call it a matchup problem if it was crosby playing dayton. Dayton has beat crosby like 11 out of the last 12 meetings. Dayton year in and year out has better talent than crosby that is a matchup problem. I was following the vidor crosby game on this sight and when crosby jumped out to an early lead all I heard was how vidor couldnt handle crosby. Now all of the sudden here comes the excuses. Well vidor at least yall know why dayton cant stand crosby.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder