Coldsprings over rated ......

One4All

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1120673" timestamp="1321497669"]
[quote author=CS 11-0 link=topic=91568.msg1120644#msg1120644 date=1321495289]
I dont understand all the talk about 2A & 3A playing 4 and 5 A teams thats why they have divisions to keep it fair, can a school with 500 students compete with a school with 3000 students probably not. But can some of the players on these 2 and 3A teams start for a 4 or 5A team YES. Keep it real, can a 5A school beat a D3 or D2 college maybe but why even go there its never going to happen. Good Luck to all the SE TX teams left in the playoffs make us proud.
[/quote]

The reason for divisions is because, with less people in the school, they are not going to have the talent year in and year out to compete consistently with larger schools. But when those 3A teams DO have the talent (like CS has now and Kville had the last few years) then yes, those 11 can compete with any other 11.
Please reread my post I know what divisions r for so we r on the same page[/quote]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CS 11-0" post="1120682" timestamp="1321498724"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=91568.msg1120673#msg1120673 date=1321497669]
[quote author=CS 11-0 link=topic=91568.msg1120644#msg1120644 date=1321495289]
I dont understand all the talk about 2A & 3A playing 4 and 5 A teams thats why they have divisions to keep it fair, can a school with 500 students compete with a school with 3000 students probably not. But can some of the players on these 2 and 3A teams start for a 4 or 5A team YES. Keep it real, can a 5A school beat a D3 or D2 college maybe but why even go there its never going to happen. Good Luck to all the SE TX teams left in the playoffs make us proud.
[/quote]

The reason for divisions is because, with less people in the school, they are not going to have the talent year in and year out to compete consistently with larger schools. But when those 3A teams DO have the talent (like CS has now and Kville had the last few years) then yes, those 11 can compete with any other 11.
Please reread my post I know what divisions r for so we r on the same page[/quote]
we are on the same page I know why they have divisions reread my above post[/quote]

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1120540" timestamp="1321488615"]
I hate to tell u this but Coldspring could hang with any of those teams except for PAM.  I think we could beat Livingston and PNG this year.  You act like it is unreal for a 3A team to beat 4A schools.  When I played we played 3 4A schools and beat two of them.  The only loss was to 4A defending champ La Marque and we played them tough.  So it is not unlikely for a 3A team that is good to beat 4A teams.
[/quote]
Liberty beat Porter. It isn't unreal? I said they wouldn't beat the teams I listed.

[quote name="Trigger" post="1120498" timestamp="1321484963"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=91568.msg1119537#msg1119537 date=1321412421]
[quote author=Trigger link=topic=91568.msg1119360#msg1119360 date=1321405350]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=91568.msg1118891#msg1118891 date=1321380010]
No knock on BC, but WOS defense in much better. You can ask BC about that. BC is very good but not as good as WOS, which is getting better as the season goes on. Should both teams get to the game WOS-Coldspring should be a great game. Coldspring has earned their rep, only way to find out who is over or underrated is to play the game. I kinda like being the underdog in that one. Don't expect CS to fear us [size=14pt][b]but if they don't respect us [/b] [/size] they are gonna be in trouble. We can't get caught looking ahead though, and that may be the biggest hurdle both teams will face.

[/quote]

I for one respect Coldspring..hey you beat BC by three more points than we did. It will be a close game. I can guarentee you that the players and coaches respect CS, as far as the fans seems like an awful lot of you were saying you would beat BC by 30-40 points..that's not respecting a playoff opponent. It almost bit you in the butt, BC was a solid team and played like champions. Just saying you keep that attitude up you will get beat by someone before Arlington. That goes for any team.

Be careful what you wish for ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I for one respect Coldspring..hey you beat BC by three more points than we did. It will be a close game. I can guarentee you that the players and coaches respect CS, as far as the fans seems like an awful lot of you were saying you would beat BC by 30-40 points..that's not respecting a playoff opponent. It almost bit you in the butt, BC was a solid team and played like champions. Just saying you keep that attitude up you will get beat by someone before Arlington. That goes for any team.

[b][color=red][size=14pt]AND DON'T TWIST MY WORDS NEXT TIME[/size][/color].[/b]
[/quote]

Or what? You'll break a nail? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

For the record, I never personally said CS would "hang points" or beat any opponent by "xx" points, etc.  ;)

[b]FYI...word is Monroe is clear to play.[/b]
[/quote]

Are you just an idiot or what?

The reason everybody is saying C.S. is overrated is due to some C.S. fans getting on here and saying they would be up by 40 points and their 2nd string would be in by halftime in the B.C. game. Soooooo actually it was them (not all C.S. fans) who opened up that can of worms. Is C.S. really overrated, heck no their a great team. But just dont say stupid stuff and let your play do the talking or be prepared to face the wrath of the SETX Forum if you cant produce those results. You made that bed now you gotta lay in it. Just sayin.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1120802" timestamp="1321520935"]
The reason everybody is saying C.S. is overrated is due to some C.S. fans getting on here and saying they would be up by 40 points and their 2nd string would be in by halftime in the B.C. game. Soooooo actually it was them (not all C.S. fans) who opened up that can of
worms. Is C.S. really overrated, heck no their a great team. But just dont say stupid stuff and let your play do the talking or be prepared to face the wrath of the SETX Forum if you cant produce those results. You made that bed now you gotta lay in it. Just sayin.
[/quote]

Very true .......

[quote name="XDOG" post="1120802" timestamp="1321520935"]
The reason everybody is saying C.S. is overrated is due to some C.S. fans getting on here and saying they would be up by 40 points and their 2nd string would be in by halftime in the B.C. game. Soooooo actually it was them (not all C.S. fans) who opened up that can of worms. Is C.S. really overrated, heck no their a great team. But just dont say stupid stuff and let your play do the talking or be prepared to face the wrath of the SETX Forum if you cant produce those results. You made that bed now you gotta lay in it. Just sayin.
[/quote]Yea, I would have to agree, For the longest we only had 3 or 4 of us Coldspring fans on here, now we've gotten several new ones this year, great to see that our fan base has spread a little, but you have to admit WE GOT SOME COLDSPRING FOOTBALL LOVING FANS in Cold City

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder