Coldsprings over rated ......

One4All

The other thing that I will add is this isn't college football so rankings really don't mean much of anything other than to give fans and sportswriters something to talk about...There aren't any computers or human voters who are going to determine the eventual state champs...So whether or not they're overrated will be determined in the weeks to come...

BTW, it wasn't Coldspring fans, coaches, or players who annointed them a Top 5 team coming into this year...The ranking has as much to do with last years team and run to the state championship game as it does with this years current squad...If CS had of dropped a game then of course they would've dropped but since they took care of business and beat everyone on their schedule they really couldn't help but move up a spot or two...Are they the 3rd best team in the state? Who knows? Polls are subjective..What isn't subjective is the playoffs and as of right now they're still one of the teams alive and chasing the dream of the state title...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=91568.msg1118326#msg1118326 date=1321324210]
[b]Im surprised that there hasnt been any Coldspring fans defending thier team.[/b]

There is no reason to come on here and defend our boys. They are taking care of business on the field. Yea we had an off night. Hopefully we can readjust coming into friday and bring home another W. All that matter is that we are still playing FOOTBALL ! If any team on this site or in region 3 think they are going to run over the Trojans, better eat their wheaties! Cause its not an easy task. I promise you that. THE ONLY IDOITS HATING ON CS IS THE WOS CREW. Keep winning you will get your chance to spank our butts like everyone else this yr thought. :P

[quote name="One4All" post="1118038" timestamp="1321306348"]
From what I saw this wkn ....Cs is over rated.... very weak schedule will hurt them in the inn
[/quote]
Yeah, like it hurt them last year when they made it to state? Lol, get out of here. Monroe plays both ways but was taken out early on, he is the number 2 running back in an offense that runs the ball 98% of the time. Sherman Gilbert was reportedly playing with the flu. They are so well coached, that that was their one slip up of the year, and fortunately they are so good they still won the game. Now it's back to business with their running backs healthy and their state caliber defense rolling. They may have only won last week 7-0, but let's remember they still pitched a shut out in the playoffs.

Sorry everyone, but saying Coldspring, a SMALL 3A school, could handle a 5A power like PAM is just ridiculous. They have some quality players but I'm absolutely sure that across the board they could not put the talent at every position a 5A or good 4A school could. The real breakdown would be the fact that Coldspring has several players going both ways where a PAM has two quality players at EACH position. They might hang until halftime and then, with their collective tongues hanging out, they would get wore out by the speed and DEPTH of a school like that. Period. Keep it real, please.

Guest beechnut
From what I saw this wkn ....Cs is over rated.... very weak schedule will hurt them in the inn
[/quote]

Is this based on one the players from CS put you or a loved one on their back side? Were you on the ground after a Trojan owned you? Insane topic and crawl back in you hole kid.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1118461" timestamp="1321332613"]
Sorry everyone, but saying Coldspring, a SMALL 3A school, could handle a 5A power like PAM is just ridiculous. They have some quality players but I'm absolutely sure that across the board they could not put the talent at every position a 5A or good 4A school could. The real breakdown would be the fact that Coldspring has several players going both ways where a PAM has two quality players at EACH position. They might hang until halftime and then, with their collective tongues hanging out, they would get wore out by the speed and DEPTH of a school like that. Period. Keep it real, please.
[/quote]

Who has stated that Coldspring would beat PAM?

I have not seen any post making this claim.

[/quote]

Who said they would beat Pam?

Bridge City played a decent game against them but Coldspring held BC to just over 100 yards of offense. Defense is Coldspring's game and they came through to stuff BC. Coldspring has 4 shutouts so far this year so almost have of their games they held their opponent scoreless.

I am not sure how some people define overrated but I don't see how Coldspring is. Their "close" game this year was a 17 point win over Huffman-Hargrave and they held them to 101 yards.

It is hard to beat a team when you can't score on them.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1118465" timestamp="1321332871"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91568.msg1118461#msg1118461 date=1321332613]
[/quote]

Who has stated that Coldspring would beat PAM?

I have not seen any post making this claim.
[/quote]

The header of the post is "Re: Coldsprings over rated...." I took it from there because you have them ranked #1 in the area regardless if you believe that or not. It is just "mytwocents", pardon the pun. I still love you because you're an Aggie fan regardless of how dissappointing they've been this year.....

[/quote]well I dont really think that we're overrated as much as I think we've been over confident, the rankings are what they are, we don't make them, you kinda get caught up in believing what you read sometimes as both the fans and the players. the last two games are type of games we needed to see what we need to fix, Barbay and Morrison are great coaches they will watch the game films from these games and make the adjustments needed to get the offense rolling again, as for the defense, " if it aint broke don't fix it", they're jusy nasty, keep up the effort. Thanks for the support from everyone in the area and good luck to all the SETX teams.

No knock on BC, but WOS defense in much better. You can ask BC about that. BC is very good but not as good as WOS, which is getting better as the season goes on. Should both teams get to the game WOS-Coldspring should be a great game. Coldspring has earned their rep, only way to find out who is over or underrated is to play the game. I kinda like being the underdog in that one. Don't expect CS to fear us but if they don't respect us they are gonna be in trouble. We can't get caught looking ahead though, and that may be the biggest hurdle both teams will face.

[quote name="lobos" post="1118180" timestamp="1321314764"]
As much as it pains me to say this coldspring is not overrated. BC has the best defense in the state per say 3a down.com and texashighschool football.  I grant you coldspring will not win state but overated they are not.
[/quote]

[quote name="MEM" post="1118340" timestamp="1321324601"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=91568.msg1118110#msg1118110 date=1321309205]
the coach there must be taking nerv pills by now he becouse he has the best RB with a neck injury and that just dont go away in a week belive me BEEN THERE i would not like for this young kid to tell the coach i feel fine let me play
[/quote]

I'm assuming your speaking of Monroe since he's the only CS running back that got banged up last game...For the record he doesn't have a neck injury...He was initially diagnosed (at ER in Baytown) with a possible concussion and neck sprain...The neck isn't bothering him any longer and he hasn't showed any signs of concussion since leaving the ER Sat evening....

(Last weeks injury, broken neck, to #12 Jay Trapp was still fresh on several peoples minds and extra  care was taken once it looked like the injury could be somewhat serious...Better safe than sorry)

He's going thru the necessary steps now to be fully cleared for this weeks game...It'll be up to the docs and his parents on whether he plays this weekend....

If he doesn't play he will be missed on both sides of the ball but CS does have capable backups at both of his positions....He would probably be most missed on the offensive side of the ball due to him getting alot of carries between the tackles and picking up alot of the tough yards needed to keep the chains moving....He's also a very good SS and was the second leading tackler on last years team...

Unfortunately injuries are a part of the game and teams and players have to have the next man up mentality...Can't really dwell on it too much...
[/quote]

Glad he's Ok from a Mustang fan.

[/quote]

Actually last year's team had very few people going both ways, even though it might've helped in certain situations to do so.  Also  many of the seniors from last year are still playing now and a few got looks but decided not to continue their football careers, and quite a few juniors that are now seniors will definitely go play somewhere. So yea, I think we could've hung with some 4-a and 5-a schools last year at least.

Let's be real, no one is saying they would beat Pam, but they could definitively compete with and beat 4a schools. Newton a 2a school routinely plays up at the 3a level and has had success. Kville a very small 3a about to be 2a school plays with 4a schools. Didn't Kville beat Vidor last year? So don't say CS can't complete with our local 4a schools, because they can.

I was at the game and here to tell everyone CS is not overrated.
They played the entire second half without one of their top running backs in the Monroe kid.
They also simply faced a BC team which matched up well against them. BC's defense is maybe the single most underrated unit in this area.
Coldspring's defense was the difference in not allowing BC any chance of getting going. Yes the Menard injury was huge for BC but CS was playing without one of their guys too.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1118891" timestamp="1321380010"]
No knock on BC, but WOS defense in much better. You can ask BC about that. BC is very good but not as good as WOS, which is getting better as the season goes on. Should both teams get to the game WOS-Coldspring should be a great game. Coldspring has earned their rep, only way to find out who is over or underrated is to play the game. I kinda like being the underdog in that one. Don't expect CS to fear us [size=14pt][b]but if they don't respect us [/b] [/size] they are gonna be in trouble. We can't get caught looking ahead though, and that may be the biggest hurdle both teams will face.

[/quote]

Be careful what you wish for ;D ;D ;D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder