Coldsprings over rated ......

One4All

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note, but it's [i][b]Coldspring[/b][/i], not Coldsprings...

I think they are a good team and are the reigning DII, Region III champions. Until someone knocks them off that throne, they have earned the title of best in Region III [i][b]on the field[/b][/i]. So no, I don't think they are over rated. I think they have not played the schedule they did last year, but they did what they were supposed to do by winning, convincingly. I do not agree with some of their fans attitude that they are invincible, but I can see that most of them realize that BC gave them a little reality check this weekend and they better focus if they plan on duplicating what they did last year. Anyway, like I said, they are not over rated, and are still the best team in Region III D-II until someone proves different on the field.

no thay are not over rated cs is a good football team .the coach there must be taking nerv pills by now he becouse he has the best RB with a neck injury and that just dont go away in a week belive me BEEN THERE i would not like for this young kid to tell the coach i feel fine let me play

Coldspring is the odds on favorite to be the Region III champion and they should be.  Last weekend not withstanding, they are pretty explosive on offense and their defense is downright suffocating. 

The problems they had this weekend were not due to them being not as good as billed, it was Bridge City showing the quality team that they were and giving the Trojans one heck of a fight.  And the Trojans will have another this week in Bellville, just as good a defense as Bridge City threw at them last week.

But they are still odds on favorite to be the region champs.

What a rediculous topic! Does it make you feel better to run another program down? I don't understand what these guys have done that is so wrong. They beat everyone on their schedule. Kirbyville has long been a powerhouse, Crockett is still going strong. All they can do is beat the people that are put in front of them. WOS grad hit it on the head, BC played a hell of a game, why not give them credit instead of bashing the Trojans?

[quote name="lobos" post="1118180" timestamp="1321314764"]
As much as it pains me to say this coldspring is not overrated. [size=12pt][b][color=red]BC has the best defense in the state per say 3a down.com and texashighschool football[/color][/b][/size].  I grant you coldspring will not win state but overated they are not.
[/quote]

Interesting.  Care to share the links?  Even if someone stated BC had the states best 3a defense, what difference does that make now ;D ;D ;D

How is BC defense te bes in the state in 3a when on all of the setx stats their nbers are well below CS numbers but whoever even created this thread is a freakin idiot CS is good and stop trying to take that from them their pre season and regular season has been the same for the past three years if you wanna look at someone who has had an easy schedule go to maxpreps and checkout bellvilles schedule I think the best team they played this year has been 5-4 so go dog some other team this thread was very unecessary but I'm sure before Friday some WOS fan will get on here and start talking crap about some other aspect of the Trojans team!

[quote name="ChsP12" post="1118285" timestamp="1321321978"]
How is BC defense te bes in the state in 3a when on all of the setx stats their nbers are well below CS numbers but whoever even created this thread is a freakin idiot CS is good and stop trying to take that from them their pre season and regular season has been the same for the past three years if you wanna look at someone who has had an easy schedule go to maxpreps and checkout bellvilles schedule I think the best team they played this year has been 5-4 so go dog some other team this thread was very unecessary but I'm sure before Friday some WOS fan will get on here and start talking crap about some other aspect of the Trojans team!
[/quote]

The best team they played was 8-3 Sealy who just got donkey stomped by navasota other than that there are atleast 7 or 8 teams with a losing record on thier schedule.

[quote name="skipper" post="1118110" timestamp="1321309205"]
the coach there must be taking nerv pills by now he becouse he has the best RB with a neck injury and that just dont go away in a week belive me BEEN THERE i would not like for this young kid to tell the coach i feel fine let me play
[/quote]

I'm assuming your speaking of Monroe since he's the only CS running back that got banged up last game...For the record he doesn't have a neck injury...He was initially diagnosed (at ER in Baytown) with a possible concussion and neck sprain...The neck isn't bothering him any longer and he hasn't showed any signs of concussion since leaving the ER Sat evening....

(Last weeks injury, broken neck, to #12 Jay Trapp was still fresh on several peoples minds and extra  care was taken once it looked like the injury could be somewhat serious...Better safe than sorry)

He's going thru the necessary steps now to be fully cleared for this weeks game...It'll be up to the docs and his parents on whether he plays this weekend....

If he doesn't play he will be missed on both sides of the ball but CS does have capable backups at both of his positions....He would probably be most missed on the offensive side of the ball due to him getting alot of carries between the tackles and picking up alot of the tough yards needed to keep the chains moving....He's also a very good SS and was the second leading tackler on last years team...

Unfortunately injuries are a part of the game and teams and players have to have the next man up mentality...Can't really dwell on it too much...

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1118326" timestamp="1321324210"]
Im surprised that there hasnt been any Coldspring fans defending thier team.
Here is what I know. Coldspring has some key injuries that happened in the Liberty game.One probably is out for the season but the others will be back. Over rated? No way.Barbers Hill was over rated.
[/quote]
OK I'm here to defend my boys.
I am actually from Bellville.  Graduated Bellville High Class of '95.  Whole family still lives there.  If you are looking for over rated.  Bellville is the place to look.  As my grand father used to say about them "they started, farted, stumbled, and fell".  Look for a replay of the past from them.  Bellville will keep the game interesting with their defense, but the Trojan Rumble keeps moving.  Trojans 20 Bellville 10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder