Nederland vs. Houston Stratford

Puma42

IT'S PLAYOFF FOOTBALL ---- It is time to allow Raines to roll out (where he can see) and throw or tuck and run. If we keep worrying about protecting him for the next game -- The next game will never come. Raines rolling out w/option ( like he did earlier in the year) will give teams fits. The kid has some wheels. He just needs to learn when to get down or cut the run short. I would also like to see us go over the top to Kimmler (6'2" and can dunk a BB). The dbs will only get taller, faster and more skilled up the line. Kimmler brings a physical side no other receiver on the team has. Why are we not using the spectacular TE we keep hearing about? I sure hope we can mix it up more. I am not ready for the season to end. I say Go for Broke or Go Home. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1116837" timestamp="1321208864"]
IT'S PLAYOFF FOOTBALL ---- It is time to allow Raines to roll out (where he can see) and throw or tuck and run. If we keep worrying about protecting him for the next game -- The next game will never come. Raines rolling out w/option ( like he did earlier in the year) will give teams fits. The kid has some wheels. He just needs to learn when to get down or cut the run short. I would also like to see us go over the top to Kimmler (6'2" and can dunk a BB). The dbs will only get taller, faster and more skilled up the line. Kimmler brings a physical side no other receiver on the team has. Why are we not using the spectacular TE we keep hearing about? I sure hope we can mix it up more. I am not ready for the season to end. I say Go for Broke or Go Home.
[/quote]
  I agree , roll out, bootleg and run- pass options would help, our drop back passing has not looked good lately. We're not an overpowering offense, we need misdirection, counters and traps with good play action passes, outs from the slot-TE spots and crossing routeswith WR's. Hard to beat a good bootleg with a deep corner route, a 10-15 yd TE out and a short 3-5 yd out from a RB and if nobody is open you have the option to run, JMO.

[quote name="baddog" post="1116768" timestamp="1321206254"]
The only thing wrong with the passing game is it is predictable. GCM did their homework in the film room. Get the running game going and mix in some play action. The flanker screen works if blocked well, but if the play is jumped, it's a pick six. Had a receiver open on a long pass that was interfered with but not called. We can get open, but the running game was moving the ball, so don't get cute with the play calling. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I like a play action roll out with the TE rolling the same direction.....always with the option to run. Remember how well that worked?
[/quote]

Saw the Brenham/Stratford game a week ago in Brenham.Cubs won 28-3 but Spartans were able to throw w/some success but couldn't sustain drives getting swarmed in the backfield.35 seniors/15 jrs on the Spartan roster.Pretty good defense holding Cubs to 28.Good luck to Ned it gets tuffer ea week 8)

ned. hasnt stopped rolling qb out. wrs are open,qb isnt good at coming off 1st option & finding the other wr's.dont know who the offensive coaches are in the press box but when u see guys running down field wide open i hope u are telling the off. cord. on the field.4 pass plays the back side or middle wr was wide azz open.qb has to hit those guys & make better decisions or the dawgs are going home sat. nite

DOGS will be just fine first game back for all the starting defense and they looked good but can get better. Offense will be better. They had an off night . Carson will lead the team and get them back rolling. I think the play book was narrowed down for GCM in order that we have some surprises down the road. Stratford got a big QB and fairly decent Defense, but of the game film Brock and I have watched, we have a really good chance. Just control both lines of scrimmage.

[quote name="football04" post="1116893" timestamp="1321212056"]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=91472.msg1116837#msg1116837 date=1321208864]
[/quote]
  I agree , roll out, bootleg and run- pass options would help, our drop back passing has not looked good lately. We're not an overpowering offense, we need misdirection, counters and traps with good play action passes, outs from the slot-TE spots and crossing routeswith WR's. Hard to beat a good bootleg with a deep corner route, a 10-15 yd TE out and a short 3-5 yd out from a RB and if nobody is open you have the option to run, JMO.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I think we'll open it up more the deeper we go. I think we had the first game in hand and we didnt want to do too much, ya know. Nederland will roll in this one 28-17. GO DOGS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder