Port Neches-Groves vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton wins 36-31!

WOSgrad

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1117004" timestamp="1321217571"]
Wow,thats about a crappy hometown article I have ever read.Some theif breaks in a house and they write more than that.Mr Tipton I bet is p'oed ??? ;D
[/quote] Well that's just a right after the game article... There will be a bigger more detailed one probably late Monday or sometime Tuesday. If not online then it will for sure be in the paper on Wednesday

I know im a day late on this,butbi was at this game.  PN-G had their chances.  Dayton's run defense was pretty good in containing Bertrand.  Thebthing that ive seen was that Dayon had no answer for #4 recieving the ball.  They went away from him in the second half and it came back to bite them.  Also, that last pass atempt that was intercepted was not needed.  Keep the short stuff going.nevertheless, great season, Indians as i was rooting you on last night. 
Its hard for me to believe this team had 2 district losses.  They have big play ability, are well coached, defense was fast.  You wore the Indian defense out with the side to side passes.  Indian players on defense had to run sideline to sideline most of the night.  The most important thing is the Dayton kicker.  Ive never seen a single kicking performance like that in person.  That kid kicked into the wind with room to spare.  His kickoffs sailed into the endzone. We,ll definately be seeing this kid on Sarurdays and most likely on Sundays as well. 

Thanks to the Indian nation that showed love when i showed up to root them on.  Very nice talking football with yall.

Here are some of the images (pulled of a camcorder) from last night.  As a PN-G grad, this was an amazing team.  Two evenly balanced teams going down to the last posession.  When they do the realignment, I sure do hope Dayton replaces Livingston and goes back to 20-4A.  Nothing beats a road trip to any of the 20-4A teams.  Sure beats going to CE King or Galena Park and playing in front of about 42 people.  Anyways...
The images...
[img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384351_254968887885728_100001178574509_676495_2071463281_n.jpg[/img]
This is the still from Dayton's first TD pass.  Amazing catch by Chambers.  Will post the highlight soon.

As a PN-G grad, nothing brings back the amazing memories I have of being a student there than Cherokee.
Here is a neat angle of the Marching I from the endzone.
http://youtu.be/7EwiENS6tnc

I was so lucky that I was in 2nd to 5th grade from 74 to 77 (the magical playoff runs for PN-G).  It was a magical time in my life.  Now I get to watch kids that I taught from Dayton make the same memories I had.  It is a pretty neat cycle.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1117309" timestamp="1321237137"]
Good stuff Toups!! Sure wish I could have been there. Oh well, I'll have to settle for your highlight reel. We really need to get to work on that full game video/broadcast idea we talked about for next season!
[/quote]On veterans day I usually read some stories to my students.  This Friday I did that and my voice wasn't all there, Friday evening my voice just isn't right.  Hasn't gotten better.  Hopefully tomorrow night I can do the voice over video for the last two games.

There are about 20 highlights from the PN-G game on youtube.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1117314" timestamp="1321237361"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=91409.msg1117309#msg1117309 date=1321237137]
Good stuff Toups!! Sure wish I could have been there. Oh well, I'll have to settle for your highlight reel. We really need to get to work on that full game video/broadcast idea we talked about for next season!
[/quote]On veterans day I usually read some stories to my students.  This Friday I did that and my voice wasn't all there, Friday evening my voice just isn't right.  Hasn't gotten better.  Hopefully tomorrow night I can do the voice over video for the last two games.

[/quote]

Al Dayton highlights?

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1117315" timestamp="1321237531"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=91409.msg1117314#msg1117314 date=1321237361]

[/quote]

Al Dayton highlights?
[/quote]

Well.... There was that one of the marching I.  :-\

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1117315" timestamp="1321237531"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=91409.msg1117314#msg1117314 date=1321237361]

[/quote]

Al Dayton highlights?
[/quote]I video from ground level and I am always at the endzone that Dayton is going to.  In the voice over video, I will put the PN-G TD's on it, but they are running away from the ground level camera.  I am only one guy, and it isn't practical to edit two game videos (one is plenty enough).  I do try to do justice to the plays of the opposing team.  The catches by #4 were AWEsome!  Hopefully my voice will get better quickly.  It's pretty scratchy now.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1117314" timestamp="1321237361"]

[/quote]          Ask  Mrs Toups to do them

[quote name="vpdb78" post="1117341" timestamp="1321239409"]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="vpdb78" post="1117341" timestamp="1321239409"]

[/quote]Mrs. Toups does not have the voice dynamics of Mr. Toups.  Before CHRISTmas holidays I read the Grinch to my students (but I read it with MORE POWER!  I have it memorized).  I can do the whole Grinch word for word, song for song following the Boris Karlov animated version.  I change my voice to Cindy Lou Who to the Grinch, to the Narrator, and even sing the Who CHRISTmas song.  Takes about 15 minutes.  Hopefully my voice is back tomorrow.

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1117319" timestamp="1321237895"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=91409.msg1117315#msg1117315 date=1321237531]

[/quote]

Al Dayton highlights?
[/quote]

Well.... There was that one of the marching I.  :-\
[/quote]

kfdm was all png... oh well. it was a great game. glad i got to be there.

[quote name="liltex" post="1116545" timestamp="1321189274"]
Some Aggie scouts were @ the game last night ;)
[/quote]

Aggies would be nice and all, but after the LSU game im sure BAMA would LOVE to have a kicker like him. He is a beast with a leg like a mule. Has to be top 5 best kickers in the state if not the best. Dayton is very lucky to have him...
Question what is his farthest field goal in his career?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder