broadcasts

dog 67

[quote name="dog 67" post="1109352" timestamp="1320791226"]
will anyone be broadcasting Nederland game,I'm in central Texas every friday night I'm at my computer listening to the game, so I guess I could get any radio station that might broadcast the game.

I hope so
[/quote]

No local radio station will be carrying this game. The visiting team will not have a broadcast as well.

[quote name="dog 67" post="1109896" timestamp="1320846245"]
how many teams in the area are playing and[b] only one is being broadcast,thats a shame[/b], i'm not saying the reg stations but someone
could pick up thurs,fri,sat games I know cool 92.5 is going to have dayton/PNG
[/quote]

Uh, well we here at SETXsports are broadcasting 8 games this week.

Here they are:

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=91057.0

In regards to local radio (Beaumont area), only two stations locally have been doing high school football games. KLVI does Nederland games, KOOL 92.5 does PNG games. KLVI will be doing the Lamar basketball game Friday night instead of the Nederland football game.

[quote name="dog 67" post="1109896" timestamp="1320846245"]
how many teams in the area are playing and only one is being broadcast,thats a shame, i'm not saying the reg stations but someone
could pick up thurs,fri,sat games I know cool 92.5 is going to have dayton/PNG
[/quote]

Evidently, you have not read the program guide because you can hear 8 games right here on SETXsports

Vidor/Crosby (Thursday)
Corrigan-Camden (Thursday)
West Brook (Friday)
Ozen/Barbers Hill (Friday)
Newton (Friday)
Silsbee/Goose Creek Memorial (Saturday)
West Orange-Stark/Cleveland (Sat)
Bridge City/Coldspring (Sat)

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1109452" timestamp="1320797826"]
I would imagine Cool 92.5 FM will be airing Dayton vs PN-G
[/quote]99.9 FM will be broadcasting this game also.. you can also listen to it on KSHN.com click on the Dayton mascot.... The BH game can also be heard on KSHN.com click on BH mascot

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1109161" timestamp="1320782539"]
I do know that Nederland will not be on the radio Friday night. KLVI will be doing the Lamar basketball game instead.
[/quote]
I know that it is probably contractual, but it is not smart to broadcast LU basketball over Nederland playoff football. Seems like you would want your programming to attract as many listeners as you can. Oh well, I guess the 3 people who will listen to the LU game will be happy. ;)

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1110136" timestamp="1320878071"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91155.msg1109161#msg1109161 date=1320782539]
I do know that Nederland will not be on the radio Friday night. KLVI will be doing the Lamar basketball game instead.
[/quote]
I know that it is probably contractual, but it is not smart to broadcast LU basketball over Nederland playoff football. Seems like you would want your programming to attract as many listeners as you can. Oh well, I guess the 3 people who will listen to the LU game will be happy. ;)
[/quote]

Yes it is contractual. The Lamar game was set in stone. Had Nederland played their game on Thursday night or Saturday afternoon, KLVI would be broadcasting their game.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1110136" timestamp="1320878071"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91155.msg1109161#msg1109161 date=1320782539]
[/quote]
[b]I know that it is probably contractual,[/b] but it is not smart to broadcast LU basketball over Nederland playoff football. Seems like you would want your programming to attract as many listeners as you can. Oh well, I guess the 3 people who will listen to the LU game will be happy. ;)
[/quote] Not our radio station... If high school football is going on, any sports including NFL rides flea here. It's all about the local youth.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1110146" timestamp="1320878522"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=91155.msg1110136#msg1110136 date=1320878071]
[/quote]
[b]I know that it is probably contractual,[/b] but it is not smart to broadcast LU basketball over Nederland playoff football. Seems like you would want your programming to attract as many listeners as you can. Oh well, I guess the 3 people who will listen to the LU game will be happy. ;)
[/quote] Not our radio station... If high school football is going on, any sports including NFL rides flea here. It's all about the local youth.
[/quote]
Do they broadcast Dayton basketball? If so, that should be your next broadcast after Saturday. ;D

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1110148" timestamp="1320878651"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91155.msg1110146#msg1110146 date=1320878522]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=91155.msg1110136#msg1110136 date=1320878071]
[/quote]
[/quote] Not our radio station... [b]If high school football is going on[/b], any sports including NFL rides flea here. It's all about the local youth.
[/quote]
Do they broadcast Dayton basketball? If so, that should be your next broadcast after Saturday. ;D
[/quote]Umm no I put part of my last post in bold so you could see it. See picture below. ;)

That's the difference between a privately owned radio station (KSHN 99.) than a corporately owned radio station (KLVI 560, Clear Channel).

KSHN has no contracts with any college or pro teams. The only sports they broadcast is Dayton and Liberty football. Do not even broadcast any other sport for those schools.

KLVI on the other hand, is the radio station for all Lamar University athletics (football, basketball and baseball). Been that way for many, many years. KLVI also does other high school sports on occasion.

Having been in the Radio biz for over 25 years, it has nothing to do with private vs corporate radio.  It has everything to do with being the contractual rights holder to the broadcast.  KLVI/Clear Channel has the broadcast rights to Lamar University Sports and in order to get those rights, which they bid for every few years and are these rights are not free, they typically must agree to broadcast basketball games like Friday night knowing full well a high school football playoff game would give them better ratings, just part of the deal.  There is a big difference between having a contract to broadcast games like the UT football/basketball games, Astro, Ranger, Cowboys or Texan games and being the rights holder. There is probably nothing that would prevent them from broadcasting the Nederland game on one of their other stations if they so choose, but I suppose they are not choosing to do that, too bad.  Oh well you probably know more now than you ever wanted or cared about when it comes to broadcast rights.  It is an interesting business.