Final stats on the Magical Season of Justin Twine

WOSgrad

I seen him play first hand against San Augustine.  He is ok.  His stats I believe are large from the weaker defenses he has faced this year.  He is a real MVP for his team though.  Without him they would not have been nearly as good.  He also has his brother their as a running back to help.  In fact it looked like he really helped to get the team lined up.  I was more impressed with San Augstine.  They have some impressive athletes their for a 2A school.  I'm sure he is gonna have a nice career considering he is just a sophomore.  His numbers are insane, but like I said I think it had a lot to do with the competition he faced.  In the game I watched neither team could stop a runny nose. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1109114" timestamp="1320780326"]
Just receieved these stats for Justin Twine 214 carries for 2478 yds, 34 rushing TDs.  He passed for another 819 yds with 16 TD passes.  Then he scored another 3 on returns.

What a season!
[/quote]

I know who the SETXsports.com sophomore of the year will be. ;)

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1109180" timestamp="1320783021"]
I seen him play first hand against San Augustine.  He is ok.  His stats I believe are large from the weaker defenses he has faced this year.  He is a real MVP for his team though.  Without him they would not have been nearly as good.  He also has his brother their as a running back to help.  In fact it looked like he really helped to get the team lined up.  I was more impressed with San Augstine.  They have some impressive athletes their for a 2A school.  I'm sure he is gonna have a nice career considering he is just a sophomore.  His numbers are insane, but like I said I think it had a lot to do with the competition he faced.  In the game I watched neither team could stop a runny nose.
[/quote]I guess 187 rushing yards a gainst a weak opponent like Garrison says nothing of the kid, or 250 rushing yards against (as you put it) the impressive San Augustine Wolves says nothing (not knocking SA they are impressive), how about the 220 plus yards rushing he had against Corrigan Camden, 206 against Joaquin, or 350 plus against Buna, 250 plus against New Waverly, and you can't forget the 536 against West Sabine......  Every team mentioned above are playoff teams, 3 of which (at least) Garrison, San Augustine, and Corrigan Camden will have deep playoff runs and who knows may threaten for a state title.....  Bunch of weak defenses, huh?  OR, in reality, did he get over half of those yards against really good teams?  MANY coaches that faced Hemphill this year have said that he is the best they have ever seen OR he ranks right up there with the best they have ever seen.  I have MUCH respect for San Augustine and one of their coaches told me that he was the "most amazing highlight reel" that he has ever seen.  Come on give credit where it is due.

I think he is very talented for sure as a runner.  His throwing is not.  He has a side arm delivery that is very always looking.  I think the San Augustine offense is impressive, but the defense is not very impressive.  I do think if the kid had more around him that Hemphill would be something to reckon with in 2A.  I did give him some props as a sophomore doing what he did.  The numbers are impressive.

Justin is a very impressive athlete! And from everything I have heard and seen in person he is an even better kid!

As a football player, Justin could be a very dangerous running back or slot receiver and return guy at the college level.  Get him in space and let him go to work.  He gets to top speed faster than 98% of the people i've seen play, and he can stop on a dime. 

[quote name="STINGER" post="1109501" timestamp="1320800654"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=91154.msg1109180#msg1109180 date=1320783021]
[/quote]I guess 187 rushing yards a gainst a weak opponent like Garrison says nothing of the kid, or 250 rushing yards against (as you put it) the impressive San Augustine Wolves says nothing (not knocking SA they are impressive), how about the 220 plus yards rushing he had against Corrigan Camden, 206 against Joaquin, or 350 plus against Buna, 250 plus against New Waverly, and you can't forget the 536 against West Sabine......  Every team mentioned above are playoff teams, 3 of which (at least) Garrison, San Augustine, and Corrigan Camden will have deep playoff runs and who knows may threaten for a state title.....  Bunch of weak defenses, huh?  OR, in reality, did he get over half of those yards against really good teams?  MANY coaches that faced Hemphill this year have said that he is the best they have ever seen OR he ranks right up there with the best they have ever seen.  I have MUCH respect for San Augustine and one of their coaches told me that he was the "most amazing highlight reel" that he has ever seen.  Come on give credit where it is due.
[/quote]
I agree 100%. He is better than OK. He is the best athlete in the region at ANY school in any level.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1109180" timestamp="1320783021"]
[/quote]
Why dont you ask Deweyville, Joaquin or West Sabine if SA has a defense.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1109791" timestamp="1320813978"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=91154.msg1109501#msg1109501 date=1320800654]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=91154.msg1109180#msg1109180 date=1320783021]
[/quote]
I agree 100%. He is better than OK. He is the best athlete in the region at ANY school in any level.
[/quote]
i wouldn't say he's the best. up there with the best but not the best.

He runs hard and is very shifty and difficult to tackle, but the best in the region I would not say that.  I think he is an all-region type player.  There are some very good athletes in this region.  As far as San Augstine's defense goes I don't know about those other games but against Hemphill the score looked like a six-man football game.  In fact sometimes in the game it looked like six-man football.  It was from one end to the other.

Would be really hard to name a batter athlete in this region than twine. Not only is an outstanding football player that has the all the speed and power necessary for that, he is also a great baseball player. He hit like 10 bombs last year as a fr and I have heard he is ranked near the top of the recruiting class for his grade. Idk if he plays any other sport, but as an over athlete there aren't many more that are better than him.

[quote name="Squaw1" post="1109946" timestamp="1320849782"]
Chase Bertrand from PNG is the best athlete in this area.  Sorry, but that's true.
[/quote]
False, no comparison. Not even close.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1109833" timestamp="1320818166"]
Would be really hard to name a batter athlete in this region than twine. Not only is an outstanding football player that has the all the speed and power necessary for that, he is also a great baseball player. He hit like 10 bombs last year as a fr and I have heard he is ranked near the top of the recruiting class for his grade. Idk if he plays any other sport, but as an over athlete there aren't many more that are better than him.
[/quote]
Everything you heard is correct. In track he qualified for regionals in 5 events as a freshman. All of the naysayers will change their minds in the next couple of years.

Justin was involved in 53 TDs, which is 318 points (and this doesn't include any 2 pt conversions), which means he outscored the following TEAMS this year:

Bridge City
Dayton
Evadale
Anahuac
Cleveland
Silsbee
Center
Beaumont Ozen
Nederland
Baytown Lee
Woodville
New Waverly
Kirbyville
Deweyville
Beaumont West Brook
Groveton
West Orange-Stark
Diboll
Hamshire-Fannett
Goose Creek Memorial
Splendora
Kountze
Little Cypress-Mauriceville
Colmesneil
Orangefield
Lumberton
Shepherd
Baytown Sterling
Sabine Pass
Beaumont Central
Burkeville
Hardin
High Island
Tarkington
Hardin-Jefferson
Huntington
Warren

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1110222" timestamp="1320882553"]
Justin was involved in 53 TDs, which is 318 points (and this doesn't include any 2 pt conversions), which means he outscored the following TEAMS this year:

Bridge City
Dayton
Evadale
Anahuac
Cleveland
Silsbee
Center
Beaumont Ozen
Nederland
Baytown Lee
Woodville
New Waverly
Kirbyville
Deweyville
Beaumont West Brook
Groveton
West Orange-Stark
Diboll
Hamshire-Fannett
Goose Creek Memorial
Splendora
Kountze
Little Cypress-Mauriceville
Colmesneil
Orangefield
Lumberton
Shepherd
Baytown Sterling
Sabine Pass
Beaumont Central
Burkeville
Hardin
High Island
Tarkington
Hardin-Jefferson
Huntington
Warren
[/quote]
Wow. Now that is crazy.

Anyone who says that Twine isn't the best athlete in the Se Texas area has obviously not seen him play! I got an eyeful when he played West Sabine and he's a manchild!! It's exceptional to see someone with that rare combination of size and speed. And he's got 2 more years(that collective groan you just heard was from the West Sabine faithful, of which I am one of.)!!!!!!!

[quote name="89falcon" post="1110201" timestamp="1320881911"]
[quote author=Squaw1 link=topic=91154.msg1109946#msg1109946 date=1320849782]
Chase Bertrand from PNG is the best athlete in this area.  Sorry, but that's true.
[/quote]
[/quote]

My $$$$ is on Montana Quirante. He should be 20-4A MVP and 1st team all district on both offense and defense. Twine is good but can he say that???

[quote name="robanadana" post="1111405" timestamp="1320968071"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=91154.msg1110201#msg1110201 date=1320881911]
[/quote]
[/quote]

My $$$$ is on Montana Quirante. He should be 20-4A MVP and 1st team all district on both offense and defense. Twine is good but can he say that???
[/quote]
He will be able to say more than that. We will see when the awards come out later this year. He is only a sophmore but he will be getting first team honors and a lot more (likely all state) in football, baseball and track also. Your $$$ can be on whoever you want it to be on but Twine is the best athlete in the region and every coach that has had to find a solution for him will agree.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1112167" timestamp="1320986283"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91154.msg1111405#msg1111405 date=1320968071]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
He will be able to say more than that. We will see when the awards come out later this year. He is only a sophmore but he will be getting first team honors and a lot more (likely all state) in football, baseball and track also. Your $$$ can be on whoever you want it to be on but Twine is the best athlete in the region and every coach that has had to find a solution for him will agree.
[/quote]

On one more note, this kid wasn't on the defensive side of the ball near as much as he was during his freshman year in which he made a lot of saving tackles and big plays using his outstanding speed playing safety and linebacker! This kid could have easily gotten defensive honors too!!! He and his brother both contributed a major part of the offense from game to game! 

[quote name="89falcon" post="1112167" timestamp="1320986283"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91154.msg1111405#msg1111405 date=1320968071]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote
They don't think that hemphill or san augustine qualifies as southeast Texas....thats the only reason they throw up names that do not even hold a candle to twine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12