Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. Bridge City

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Film does not do CS's defense justice... They are A LOT faster in real life.... I think WOS will have trouble with Cleveland. WOS offense is sketchy at BEST and Cleveland has a decent scheme. I think WOS is still struggling for an offensive identity...

I think WOS will win, but it will be a 17-14 game...

BC and Coldspring.... 50-6!

are you telling all of us here that coldsprings  has the best D in the state come on now. sometimes back there was a team in 3A that had one of the top 20 D in the country and dang you know what THAY GOT BEAT by a well coached smart football team  you might know them  wimberly lol did i spell that right  :'( :'(

[quote name="captredass" post="1108104" timestamp="1320701517"]
BC start pulling the roll away goals out or taking swings in the gage, because its going to happen for you starting Monday next week. If you win we will jump on the BC wagon but I expect the same for Coldspring without any lip, just sit on the bus all the way to state, we have plenty of room- two buses from the same district. :) :)
[/quote]

I remember a team last year that was cranking the bus to go to Cowboy Stadium that didn't make it out of Region 3.  Better be careful counting your chickens before they hatch!!

I think the only people cranking the bus for Dallas are the fans.  I guarantee Coach Barbay or any of the staff or players are not looking past Bridge City.  The fans are only doing this because we are very excited about what we got and know what we got.  We have some unfinished business.  I thought last years team could not get any better, but this team this year could be much better.  I know they look like they haven't been challenged, but I think that is untrue.  I think this team is just very focused on finishing what last years team did not complete.  I've seen players watching film after practice or staying out on the field after practice working extra on things.  So trust me they are gonna be ready for every game all the way to Dallas if it works out that way.  I sure hope it does.  We are really humble over here in Coldspring, but at the same time we have a lot of passion for Trojan football and it has been this way ever since Coach Peveto came along and showed us how to do it.  Coach Barbay has come in and renewed that passion.  He comes from that same type of coaching linage.  He was also here before when Coach Peveto was around. 

[quote name="Eazy" post="1108576" timestamp="1320721992"]
Coldspring easily wins this region.  I don't see any serious competition until the Final Four.
[/quote]

All it takes is 1 bad game, an injury or turnover or two and who knows!  When you create the big bullseye on yourself you always get everyones A game.  I bet there are several teams in the region that love being overlooked and the role of the underdog.

Really we have not been talked that much except for our fans.  They don't even know us on the Smoaky board. We are ranked number three in most polls,  but have not heard anyone really talk about us.  I watch the high school scoreboard live show every Friday and not once have they mentioned us.  I always hear them talk about Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer, and Chappel Hill.  So we are actually kinda under the radar to most except for the few in the area that know us.  It is kinda funny though before last year everyone was against us in every playoff game.  This year we still have not earned any respect.  Now were going to lose because we got the big heads.  Not sure what we could do to earn respect from this area. 

[quote name="Eazy" post="1108576" timestamp="1320721992"]
Coldspring easily wins this region.  I don't see any serious competition until the Final Four.
[/quote]

Sure, if the rankings were fool proof, but remember how our (cs) boys climbed the rankings last year?

Anyways, we know Barbay and the gang ain't looking past Bridge City & schedules go out the window after the first hit.  The CS defense will control this one. It may be closer than we think, but Bridge City don't bring anything special to the table, that our defense can't handle ;) 

Ok, maybe not easily wins the region.  Bridge City can probably run with them.  Also, the Giddings/Bellville winner can too.  West Orange Stark might be the 2nd best team in the region, but WOS will likely self destruct, which they seem to do with a "W" in front of them.  I see Coldspring in the semi's against Wimberly (just like last year) and in the Finals against the Cathage/Gilmer winner.  Gotta go with Carthage/Gilmer in the Final.   

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1108601" timestamp="1320723167"]
Really we have not been talked that much except for our fans.  They don't even know us on the Smoaky board. We are ranked number three in most polls,  but have not heard anyone really talk about us.  I watch the high school scoreboard live show every Friday and not once have they mentioned us.  I always hear them talk about Carthage, Henderson, Gilmer, and Chappel Hill.  So we are actually kinda under the radar to most except for the few in the area that know us.  It is kinda funny though before last year everyone was against us in every playoff game.  This year we still have not earned any respect.  Now were going to lose because we got the big heads.  Not sure what we could do to earn respect from this area.
[/quote]

Ya'll have respect from me, I know CS is a great team.  Just trying to say that they are not unbeatable.  Most fans on here are talking like no one in the region has a chance at all.  That no matter what happens in the games there is no way that CS can lose.  I think that is why most people are saying ya'll have the big head.  I respect supporting your team and predicting a win, but to sound like no one has a chance against ya'll is a little outrageous when the first kickoff of the playoffs has not taken place.

[quote name="Steve Largent" post="1108632" timestamp="1320725129"]
Don't be so quick assuming Wimberly is coming out of Region IV.  Their potential 2nd round match-up with Gonzales will be well worth the price of admission.  Coach Lock has the Apaches playing some good football right now.
[/quote]

mmmmkay ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder