LIVINGSTON VS. VIDOR/ Vidor wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="atb63" post="1105225" timestamp="1320462853"]
Collins had picked up a first down but a block below the waist moved the ball back to around the 30.  Collins was injured on the play and the backup QB came in and threw the ball to the endzone and Vidor intercepted the ball at the goal line. and brought it out to about the 20 and took a knee.

Well Ozen, the Pirates did their part.  Now it's up to you to do your part.
[/quote]This play call amazed me!!!!Why the Lions coach did not spike the ball and get Collins(he had a cramp and had to leave for 1 play) back in the game is beyond me...Bring the backup QB in to throw a deep pass in to triple coverage ??? I am glad he did though.

[quote name="daddy23" post="1105452" timestamp="1320466833"]
Livingston never gave up!

Vidor blocking the PAT was crazy.  It just feels like Vidor football may be turning a corner.  Those are the kinds of plays that seem like they always go against us in years past.  Tonight, they went our way.  I sure hope so.
[/quote]

I believe Vidor turned a corner when we hired Jeff as head coach and AD in 1999. All the hard work he and that coaching staff has put into the team is paying dividends. For once, we've kept the same coach for more than three years and allowed a PROGRAM to be developed. Perhaps some on the school board need a little props as well.

[quote name="Piratefan23" post="1105461" timestamp="1320467025"]
First off good game to both teams was exciting to the end. Secondly,  Lions can take that horn to basketball season! Hated that horn they blew it when we scored, when they scored, and  every five minutes just for the heck of it. Talk about annoying.
[/quote]
Hey, I'm beginning to think that the Pirates play better football with the sound of a horn in the background!  ;D  Does Crosby have one?  ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I don't know all the stats but i do know these.

David Smallwood - 21 carries - 182 yards
Chevoski Collins - 17 carries - 161 yards
Montana Quirante - 15 carries - 141 yards

Cograts Vidor I believe that you had more people pulling for Vidor to win than at any other time in your history. At work last night we had the PNG game on the radio and the Vidor game on the PC. Everyone I know was rooting for Vidor. Great win big lift going into the playoffs. Awsome game to listen to. The sign of a good program is one that can win the big game even if its really tough to do. Like I said the other day Vidor will give you 4 quaters and that is the reason Vidor won last night Thank your coach and kids for an awsome game. Now show Crosby what 20-4A is about.

Congrats Pirates on an amazing season!!! You guys had some incredible highs on the field and a tragic loss off the field.... IMO played some of the best "Team Ball" in SETX. As an outsider looking in I get the vibe that this team is filled with unselfish players that are willing to do whatever needs to be done. All the best in the playoffs.

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1105655" timestamp="1320496368"]
Congrats Pirates on an amazing season!!! You guys had some incredible highs on the field and a tragic loss off the field.... IMO played some of the best "Team Ball" in SETX. As an outsider looking in I get the vibe that this team is filled with unselfish players that are willing to do whatever needs to be done. All the best in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Very kind of you to say those things. I too believe we have a great group of boys. One thing about Jeff is he will not put up with rudeness or disrespect to others. He guides our boys both on and off the field. With that said......WTG Pirates!!! You had this Pirate fan on the edge of her seat last night!!!!! Now lets go deep into the playoffs baby!!!!!

Congrats, to the Pirates. Great season, was fun to watch.  Jeff, the coaching staff and players have definetly changed the culture in the program. Some of these kids have now played on two playoff teams.

I do have one response to a comment though, about the school board needing recognition. Don't think so, this is not the same one that hired Jeff in 1999, I think only a couple were on the board when he was hired.  Also totally different administration.  Congrats to the former board members and administration for hiring Jeff and supporting him and his program.

Go Pirates

[quote name="americasteam88" post="1105754" timestamp="1320504559"]
Congrats, to the Pirates. Great season, was fun to watch.  Jeff, the coaching staff and players have definetly changed the culture in the program. Some of these kids have now played on two playoff teams.

I do have one response to a comment though, about the school board needing recognition. Don't think so, this is not the same one that hired Jeff in 1999, I think only a couple were on the board when he was hired.  Also totally different administration.  Congrats to the former board members and administration for hiring Jeff and supporting him and his program.

Go Pirates
[/quote]

No, congrats to the former football players and athletes of the late 90s for starting and getting a petition signed to present to the school board in order to get Coach Mathews hired as head coach and AD.

[quote name="invictus" post="1105776" timestamp="1320505448"]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=90922.msg1105754#msg1105754 date=1320504559]

Go Pirates
[/quote]

No, congrats to the former football players and athletes of the late 90s for starting and getting a petition signed to present to the school board in order to get Coach Mathews hired as head coach and AD.
[/quote]

::)

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1105784" timestamp="1320505842"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90922.msg1105776#msg1105776 date=1320505448]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=90922.msg1105754#msg1105754 date=1320504559]

Go Pirates
[/quote]

[/quote]

::)
[/quote]

Why the eye roll?  To me, that is a big deal.  It is a huge honor to have kids you've coached, taught, and mentored want more for you and to do whatever they can to get that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder