LIVINGSTON VS. VIDOR/ Vidor wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="invictus" post="1105793" timestamp="1320506345"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=90922.msg1105784#msg1105784 date=1320505842]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90922.msg1105776#msg1105776 date=1320505448]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=90922.msg1105754#msg1105754 date=1320504559]
Congrats, to the Pirates. Great season, was fun to watch.  Jeff, the coaching staff and players have definetly changed the culture in the program. Some of these kids have now played on two playoff teams.

I do have one response to a comment though, about the school board needing recognition. Don't think so, this is not the same one that hired Jeff in 1999, I think only a couple were on the board when he was hired.  Also totally different administration.  Congrats to the former board members and administration for hiring Jeff and supporting him and his program.

Go Pirates
[/quote]

No, congrats to the former football players and athletes of the late 90s for starting and getting a petition signed to present to the school board in order to get Coach Mathews hired as head coach and AD.
[/quote]

::)
[/quote]

Why the eye roll?  To me, that is a big deal.  It is a huge honor to have kids you've coached, taught, and mentored want more for you and to do whatever they can to get that.
[/quote]

A big deal that a bunch of upset wantabes can sign a piece of paper and get a coach hired or Fired.  Come on man.  If that was the case Jeff wouldnt be here either.  We would be on our seventh or eighth coach by now if this was the norm since the 90s.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff is a great coach/teacher/mentor/role model to these boys. I can remember when Jeff first came to coach in the early/mid 90's. He was the offensive coordinator if I recall and was under Coach Pat Murphy. We were all excited when Jeff became head coach. He has done great things for our football team.

Can't say it enough....very GLAD to see the Pirates in the playoffs!  You guys deserve all the Kudos you are getting.  For so long, I feel like Vidor has not received the respect they deserve.  Keep up the good work and represent our district well in the playoffs!  Go Pirates!

Congrats to Vidor, You have a good team with great coaching, wish you well in the playoffs as well as all 20-4A. I'll be in the stands pulling for all of you. As I said before give me my crow with garlic sauce, helps to kill the taste. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Great game up to last 3 minutes then our coaches goes against the rules of coaching, I just had that feeling and said it out loud in the stands, you lose going for the win on the road and go for the tie at home. GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS. 

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1105762" timestamp="1320504890"]
It's a shame injuries got to Livingston , they truly had an awesome team early that I felt had a chance to go far. Injuries are part of the game though. Congrats to Vidor, I believe they will represent well also.
[/quote]We only had 2 starters out with injuries for the year and it hurt our team, but the truth is that they still had enough good player to have made the playoffs. Just bad coaching all year. The X's and O's, and bad decisions all year long. Good Luck to PNG. 

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1105805" timestamp="1320506896"]
Jeff is a great coach/teacher/mentor/role model to these boys. I can remember when Jeff first came to coach in the early/mid 90's. He was the offensive coordinator if I recall and was under Coach Pat Murphy. We were all excited when Jeff became head coach. He has done great things for our football team.
[/quote]

Exactly. 

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1105800" timestamp="1320506806"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90922.msg1105793#msg1105793 date=1320506345]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=90922.msg1105784#msg1105784 date=1320505842]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=90922.msg1105754#msg1105754 date=1320504559]
Congrats, to the Pirates. Great season, was fun to watch.  Jeff, the coaching staff and players have definetly changed the culture in the program. Some of these kids have now played on two playoff teams.

I do have one response to a comment though, about the school board needing recognition. Don't think so, this is not the same one that hired Jeff in 1999, I think only a couple were on the board when he was hired.  Also totally different administration.  Congrats to the former board members and administration for hiring Jeff and supporting him and his program.

Go Pirates
[/quote]

No, congrats to the former football players and athletes of the late 90s for starting and getting a petition signed to present to the school board in order to get Coach Mathews hired as head coach and AD.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why the eye roll?  To me, that is a big deal.  It is a huge honor to have kids you've coached, taught, and mentored want more for you and to do whatever they can to get that.
[/quote]

A big deal that a bunch of upset wantabes can sign a piece of paper and get a coach hired or Fired.  Come on man.  If that was the case Jeff wouldnt be here either.  We would be on our seventh or eighth coach by now if this was the norm since the 90s.
[/quote]

It is a big deal.  No one got that coach we had from Lumberton fired except himself and his mouth.  One of the main reasons Coach Mathews was chosen is because of the respect everyone always had for him.  Something like that would never be a norm because I doubt a bunch of high school kids could come to a consensus like that often.

i am a lion fan but glad to see vidor go for the win last night. thats the way u need to go into the playoffs. trocket is right liv had the players to over come the injuries that happened this season. coach rowe has done a lot for liv football , liv was everyones homecoming before he took over but for liv to make the next step defense still needs lots of improvements and playcalling has to be better.3rd and 1 and u call a pass that kills a drive in a play off game? having to use timeouts because u cannot get plays in fast enough(not sure if this happened last night but seen it happen all year) .our spread offense we try running is a joke need to either throw it out or find someone to teach it to make it effective against good teams

[quote name="invictus" post="1105996" timestamp="1320516333"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=90922.msg1105800#msg1105800 date=1320506806]

Go Pirates
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is a big deal.  No one got that coach we had from Lumberton fired except himself and his mouth.  One of the main reasons Coach Mathews was chosen is because of the respect everyone always had for him.  Something like that would never be a norm because I doubt a bunch of high school kids could come to a consensus like that often.
[/quote]

::)X2  This is the problem

[quote name="rjones7696" post="1106019" timestamp="1320517365"]
i am a lion fan but glad to see vidor go for the win last night. thats the way u need to go into the playoffs. trocket is right liv had the players to over come the injuries that happened this season. coach rowe has done a lot for liv football , liv was everyones homecoming before he took over but for liv to make the next step defense still needs lots of improvements and playcalling has to be better.3rd and 1 and u call a pass that kills a drive in a play off game? having to use timeouts because u cannot get plays in fast enough(not sure if this happened last night but seen it happen all year) .our spread offense we try running is a joke need to either throw it out or find someone to teach it to make it effective against good teams
[/quote]I agree, I love having the hometown boy back home, but their comes a time when the honeymoon is over and you have to bring the bacon home. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1106045" timestamp="1320519071"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90922.msg1105996#msg1105996 date=1320516333]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=90922.msg1105800#msg1105800 date=1320506806]

Go Pirates
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

::)X2  This is the problem
[/quote]

Why exactly is that a problem?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder