20 4A MVP?

badndn

So who is it? try not to be a Homer!  

191 members have voted

1. 1. So who is it? try not to be a Homer!

• Carson Raines (QB) - Nederland
    • Troy Benjamin (RB) - Nederland
    • Chase Bertrand (RB) - PNG
    • Jayce Nelson (WR) - PNG
    • Montana Quirante (QB/LB) - Vidor
    • Brentyn Clark (RB) - Vidor
    • Trey Green (QB) - Ozen
    • Jakobi Jones (RB) - Ozen
    • Chevoski Collins (QB/DB) - Livingston
    • Antonio White (RB) - Livingston

There are a lot of great players, I'm not sure who to pick...

But, one person that has only been mentioned by soulja is Jayce Nelson. If PNG did not have Jayce Nelson, their entire offense would take 2 or 3 huge steps back. They have other good players on the offense for sure, but Jayce makes HUGE plays down the field and makes dazzling catches in double coverage all the time. Because of these plays, he is the definition of spreading a defense out... I think he definitely has a case for the MVP. I think a good comparison for his role in this offense is the comparison of Megatron for the Lions.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess what the coaches will pick.

MVP - Green - Ozen
Offensive MVP - Bertrand - PNG (16 District TDs)
Defensive MVP - Carr - Nederland (best player on best defense)
Coach - Neuman - Nederland

QB - Miller - PNG
RB - Jones - Ozen
RB - Benjamin - Ned
FB - Clark - Vid
WR - Nelson - PNG
WR - Michaels - Ozen
WR - Shaw - Ned
TE - Hanks - PNG
OL? Nicotre - PNG
and I would guess a couple from Vid, Liv and Ned.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I will give it to PNG's oline. They held our dline to i think one sack if even that. And that's when we were averaging somewhere near to 4 or 5 sacks a game.

[quote name="Xaphoon" post="1101229" timestamp="1320116334"]
There are a lot of great players, I'm not sure who to pick...

But, one person that has only been mentioned by soulja is Jayce Nelson. If PNG did not have Jayce Nelson, their entire offense would take 2 or 3 huge steps back. They have other good players on the offense for sure, but Jayce makes HUGE plays down the field and makes dazzling catches in double coverage all the time. Because of these plays, he is the definition of spreading a defense out... I think he definitely has a case for the MVP. I think a good comparison for his role in this offense is the comparison of Megatron for the Lions.
[/quote]Great point!  When you have a kid that attracts that much attention, not only as a decoy, but as an actual threat (because a double team to him is the same equivalant of a one on one coverage to a normal reciever), There is a lot more you can do on offense.  He makes that Indian Offense go.

[quote name="badndn" post="1101271" timestamp="1320121448"]

MVP - Green - Ozen

QB - Miller - PNG
RB - Jones - Ozen
RB - Benjamin - Ned
FB - Clark - Vid
WR - Nelson - PNG
WR - Michaels - Ozen
WR - Shaw - Ned
TE - Hanks - PNG
OL? Nicotre - PNG
[/quote]so Carr is Ned's best Defensive player?  He's one of the D-Linemen, right?  If so, He IMO should be MVP.  BTW, what are this kids numbers to date?

Also, Green have not put up the big numbers he did last year.  I think he will be first team something, but not in the MVP voting.

[quote name="cornhusker" post="1101309" timestamp="1320148154"]
Before this thread is done it is going to be showtime. The real fiasco is a thread starting on the Ball Park all district picks. I promise you a lot of good kids are going to get the frank. I guess it is about equal to little league all stars.
[/quote]
I know there is some give and take between the coaches, but everyone can't make it, and if you don't have the votes from the district coaches, who not only see you play but watch the films of your games, your not going to make it and there is no way to please everyone.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="diego cruz" post="1101428" timestamp="1320158332"]
what u mean every one cant make it?u got 1st team,2nd team,3rd team & honorable mention now a days.then there is the infamous participation trophy for the rest. ;D
[/quote]
There is only first and second team and i think they only name a few players on honorable mention. Not a team worth.

I know there is some give and take between the coaches, but everyone can't make it, and if you don't have the votes from the district coaches, who not only see you play but watch the films of your games, your not going to make it and there is no way to please everyone.
[/quote]I agree, IMO PNG's Safety,Chase #8 would be on that list for D MVP, But I respect what Nederlands D line has done this year and one of those boys should be on that list, There really is a lot of talent in 20 4A, Hard to pick just one...

IMO the mvp postion should always be a offensive player...theres only 2 teams i think that have a bid on this position...png or ned...PNG being bertrand or nelson...and if it happen to be a defensive player this year...it will be someone from neds defense...cuz without that defense ned wouldnt be so good this year lol...IMO

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1101633" timestamp="1320166620"]
Chase (you down) Romero is the "most valuable" defensive player to his team...even though Nederland is a better defense as a whole.
[/quote]
im not passing him by..by no means...kids a great player..one of the best safetys in pngs history

[quote name="badndn" post="1101271" timestamp="1320121448"]

MVP - Green - Ozen

QB - Miller - PNG
RB - Jones - Ozen
RB - Benjamin - Ned
FB - Clark - Vid
WR - Nelson - PNG
WR - Michaels - Ozen
WR - Shaw - Ned
TE - Hanks - PNG
OL? Nicotre - PNG
[/quote]

You must be on something.  ;D

Here are the people in the discussion through 9 games for atleast Offensive MVP:

[b]Jakobie Jones[/b]-Ozen RB  1152 yds. rushing, 7.58 yds/att., 13 TD
                                                11 rec. for 129 yds, 1 TD

[b]Chase Bertrand[/b]- PNG RB  1091 yds rushing, 6.34 yds/att, 20 TD
                                                  19 rec for 159 yds, 2 TD

[b]Montana Quirante[/b]- Vidor RB  650 yds rushing, 7.47 yds/att, 11 TD

[b]Jayce Nelson[/b]- PNG WR  726 yds rec. 7 TD

[b]Trey Green[/b]- Ozen QB  1198 yds passing, 62.6% comp, 12 TD  3 int, 80 yds rushing

[b]Troy Benjamin[/b]- Nederland RB  906 yds rushing, 5.73 yds/att, 10 TD
                                                34 yds rec, 0 TD

[b]Chevoski Collins[/b]- Livingston QB  414 yds passing, 40% comp, 4 TD  3 int
                                                  551 yds rushing, 7.16 yds/att, 9 TD
                                                  45 rec yds, 1 TD

Best player by far is Tre Green without him Ozen got hammered. Montana is good but only in that offensive sheme not a passer. Defensive side  Nederland front line Corbib Carr, Brock Pryor, Samuel Castillo, Caleb Malveaux and Kolby Kuron. These guys have made working together something to watch but like I said Tre Green showed them why he is so valuable.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1102017" timestamp="1320198109"]
Best player by far is Tre Green without him Ozen got hammered. Montana is good but only in that offensive sheme not a passer. Defensive side  Nederland front line Corbib Carr, Brock Pryor, Samuel Castillo, Caleb Malveaux and Kolby Kuron. These guys have made working together something to watch but like I said Tre Green showed them why he is so valuable.
[/quote]Green played against Vidor...Was not very effective in that game...Jackobi Jones was killing us in the 1st half and for whatever reason only had 5 touches in the 2nd half.Ozen tried forcing the pass which is Vidors defensive strenth

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder