Vidor vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PN-G wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again many missed it by counting us out after a couple early season losses. Just like last year we are a different team than the one that lost to Livingston and Nederland. Hope we can keep playing better. Thanks for all you do Coach Faircloth, you keep our kids working hard and improving.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1098357" timestamp="1319859083"]
Once again many missed it by counting us out after a couple early season losses. Just like last year we are a different team than the one that lost to Livingston and Nederland. Hope we can keep playing better. Thanks for all you do Coach Faircloth, you keep our kids working hard and improving.
[/quote]

What he said ^

[quote name="pirate68" post="1098379" timestamp="1319859578"]
Congrats Indians.....Everytime it seemed like we would get something going in the 1st half we would fumble are get a penalty and you cant do that against good teams....They will make you pay and PNG did.
[/quote]

Love the heart and determination the pirates showed by not giving up and coming from 22 points behind to make us hold on and work for the win. Props to Vidor.

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1098390" timestamp="1319859747"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=90597.msg1098379#msg1098379 date=1319859578]
Congrats Indians.....Everytime it seemed like we would get something going in the 1st half we would fumble are get a penalty and you cant do that against good teams....They will make you pay and PNG did.
[/quote]

Love the heart and determination the pirates showed by not giving up and coming from 22 points behind to make us hold on and work for the win. Props to Vidor.
[/quote]

Alright, the dust is settled and now it's time to give some props to both teams.

I have got to hand it to Vidor. I walked into this game thinking Vidor was overrated and that PN-G was going to prove it. Vidor's defense seemed almost too motivated in the first quarter; they kept having off sides and pass interference penalties, and it's obvious that they weren't controlling themselves very well. In the second quarter, it looked like Mathews had gotten them to calm down and there weren't as many penalties, but Vidor started giving up long runs and even a two point conversion. After the half, Vidor looked better, but they came out of the inflatable skull looking flat and demoralized. At that point, I was starting to think the game was over, and another Indian touchdown along with a goose egg on Vidor's side of the board at the end of the third affirmed that notion. Through the third quarter, it was looking like I was right and Vidor really was overrated.

The fourth quarter proved me wrong.

When Vidor switched quarterbacks and finally started having success in the air, I started getting worried. It was obvious that the momentum was shifting and the Pirates had some wind in their sails (no pun intended). When the Pirates brought in that two point conversion to make the score 22-15, I just about had a heart attack and I'm pretty sure I did have one on that last personal foul penalty against the Indians. Our defense seemed to be crumbling in frustration towards the end of the game, and for a moment I thought I'd be eating crow with this post. Vidor has the ability to score quickly and take advantage of what defenses give them when they knuckle down and focus. No team should overlook them. Good luck Pirates and go beat Livingston.

The Indians had a great game for the first three quarters. I don't think anyone expected to be up 15-0 at the half and 22-0 at the end of the third. That's a real testament to the improvements our defense has made since last year. After the Ozen, LC-M and Vidor games, I think it's obvious at this point that the Indian defense is once again a force to be reckoned with in District 20-4A, providing that they can play consistently. Now go wrap up district and beat Central. I want to catch another PN-G game at some point this year and I won't be home again until Thanksgiving.

Scalp 'em!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder