The sanctity of the locker room has been violated

Guest UHCoog14
Resigned?
Amazing.
What clown was taping the speech instead of listening to his coach?
You don't want Little Johnny getting yelled at, then maybe Little Johnny should do his job on the field.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1094929" timestamp="1319653896"]
Resigned?
Amazing.
You don't want Little Johnny getting yelled at, then maybe Little Johnny should do his job on the field.
[/quote]

That little Johnny shouldn't even be on the team.  Another sign of what a weak society we are becoming.

[quote name="liltex" post="1094969" timestamp="1319655418"]
Don't join USMC if this mickey mouse speech bothers you  ;)
[/quote]your comment brought back a great memory from my first day of infantry basic training at fort benning. after a couple of hours of nice language and exercise until everyone puked, the "nice" drill seargents asked if anyone had changed their mind. if you had, all you needed to do was take out a quarter and line up in front of everyone and they'd let you use the phone to call your parents to come pick you up...lol. there was actually a few that did. talk about funny stuff.

Guest UHCoog14
There are some other things that are "acceptable" on the football field and in the locker room that are not easily "acceptable" in every day life:

1.  Tackling
2.  Spitting water on the ground (try this at work)
3.  Blocking
4.  Kicking a football as hard and as far as you can
5.  Slapping someone on the behind
6.  Walking around in a jock strap

What goes on in football, should stay in football.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1094935" timestamp="1319654143"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90470.msg1094929#msg1094929 date=1319653896]
Resigned?
Amazing.
[/quote]

That little Johnny shouldn't even be on the team.  [b]Another sign of what a weak society we are becoming[/b].
[/quote]

Unfortunately, North, you are spot on about this.
Sad, very sad.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1094987" timestamp="1319656090"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=90470.msg1094969#msg1094969 date=1319655418]
Don't join USMC if this mickey mouse speech bothers you  ;)
[/quote]your comment brought back a great memory from my first day of infantry basic training at fort benning. after a couple of hours of nice language and exercise until everyone puked, the "nice" drill seargents asked if anyone had changed their mind. if you had, all you needed to do was take out a quarter and line up in front of everyone and they'd let you use the phone to call your parents to come pick you up...lol. there was actually a few that did. talk about funny stuff.
[/quote]

I am guessing they didn't get to use that quarter or if they tried never did it again.  ;D ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Wow. They think that was yelling and cussing? Seriously? That's what football is. If poor lil johnny doesn't like people yelling and cussing at him then he doesn't belong in football, public school, and society for that. He should just go ahead and become a monk lmao.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1095009" timestamp="1319657114"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=90470.msg1094935#msg1094935 date=1319654143]
Resigned?
Amazing.
[/quote]

That little Johnny shouldn't even be on the team.  [b]Another sign of what a weak society we are becoming[/b].
[/quote]

Unfortunately, North, you are spot on about this.
Sad, very sad.
[/quote]

I honestly feel that there was nothing wrong with his pregame speech.  Sound like they were having the kind of year us Jags are having.  Maybe he should come give our pregame speech instead of our buddy buddy coaches.  Anyway, the coaches shouldn't allow any devices in the locker room.  The kid that was recording this is part of the teams problem.  If my son would have been the one to record that, I would have tore his butt up.  And if you don't want your child hearing those kind of pregame speeches from time to time, go ahead and tell them to play golf like the coach said.

He was not in the classroom giving this speech so he shouldn't have given his resignation...

*Mod edit - no foul language, even masked! *

For the most part, locker room talk needs to stay in the locker room. In that venue, it should be perfectly acceptable. I can guarantee there are things that I hear in the locker room at work that I would not want to hear in the public but it isn't meant for the public.

This was not even worthy of being looked into much less anyone resigning. Not only that, the coach was entirely correct. I know nothing about this "team" but you can tell that the rant was directed at some players and those players chose not to do what was best for the team but to further tear it apart by taping the locker room speech and then posting it.

Sometimes a team is saddled with a person or persons that believe they are above the team and it sure appears to have been happening in this instance. The whiner that did this will probably be a loser the rest of his like. Heck, he might later point to this as one of his "accomplishments" in life.

Good luck loser.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1094935" timestamp="1319654143"]
Resigned?
Amazing.
[/quote]amen

That little Johnny shouldn't even be on the team.  Another sign of what a weak society we are becoming.
[/quote]

Guest UHCoog14
Similar situation happened to Coach Gandy at RSS  several years ago. Used  some colorful language during his halftime speech  against  Central.  Upset some parents.

The same year RSS beat Katy at Katy's homecoming to end their 30 game home winning streak. 

Go figure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder