Lumberton fans

I just have to say I feel horrible for the players. They look in the stands after the other team gets up by 14 and the stands are half empty. If you don't want to be there when they are not winning don't go.                     

Now for the ones that stay the whole game lets cheer our boys on.

Go Raiders!!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Idk what to say to that. Lumberton fans used to be there. I remember when we went to a game in Lumberton and there fans were packed and in full force. What happened?

I made a comment in the game thread about the Lumberton crowd.  Saying half of the stands were full is being generous.  I remember just a few short years ago, you couldn't get a seat in that place.  Lumberton is a young, growing community that will continue to improve in all sports as their population grows.  The fans need to get behind this kids and not just when they are winning.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1091854" timestamp="1319379934"]
I made a comment in the game thread about the Lumberton crowd.  Saying half of the stands were full is being generous.  I remember just a few short years ago, you couldn't get a seat in that place.  Lumberton is a young, growing community that will continue to improve in all sports as their population grows.  The fans need to get behind this kids and not just when they are winning.
[/quote]

Nobody fills the stands year in and year out like Nederland and PNG, win or lose, you got to support those kids

With all due respect RaiderGirl, I don't think the players give it a second thought during the game if fans are leaving or not.  If they are truly interested in playing hard and trying to do their best (which I believe they are) then the attendance is last on the list of considerations.

The boys will be fine.  Football is for big boys, and Lumberton players are tough.
End of topic.

I have to disagree.  Have you ever seen players at all levels turn to the crowd to get them to make noise?  If the answer is yes, then the players are aware of what the crowd is or is not doing.  Now do I think they players should be worried about the crowd during the game?  No.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="1091952" timestamp="1319387831"]
I have to disagree.  Have you ever seen players at all levels turn to the crowd to get them to make noise?  If the answer is yes, then the players are aware of what the crowd is or is not doing.  Now do I think they players should be worried about the crowd during the game?  No.
[/quote]

I only said they were not paying attention to attendance, not whether or not they made noise (or what they were doing).

Said another way, quit whining about what everyone else does and go cheer your team if you feel like it.

I think it has to do with expectation. Although it's only been a short while that our team has become a force to be reckoned with, this season has become a disappointment for those who expect us to win at least a couple of games. I have to admit that I did leave one game early because we were being beaten soundly, but it was also partly because my feet were killing me and at home games, I refuse to sit in my reserved seat, the fence is my vantage point. But for the most part, I hang in until the end or at least the last two minutes. That being said, although last Friday, we were having trouble generating any offense, I consider a 28 point loss against a team doing as well as Nederland as being a good thing, It could have easily been a 42-0 shut out like their Central game. Now this Friday, no disrespect to the Jags, but this is our best chance to take one and I hope our guys play their hearts out. We definitely need more than two or three to step up and play like they are capable of. Go Raiders!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami