Taking a knee....

Guest Pirate_pride_07

Is not taking a knee during an injury of the other team a classless move or not?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Is not taking a knee during an injury of the other team a classless move or not?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1091342" timestamp="1319330187"]
[quote author=Jduncan1 link=topic=90278.msg1091338#msg1091338 date=1319330010]
And it was about png not taking a kneee if you don't like the way we run our ship worry about your own ship and how [size=12pt][b]everyone[/b][/size] we beat has some way to call us classless
[/quote]
Keyword EVERYONE!

p.s. we don't have to worry about our ship. Just compare our records  8)
[/quote]Ouch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1091342" timestamp="1319330187"]
And it was about png not taking a kneee if you don't like the way we run our ship worry about your own ship and how [size=12pt][b]everyone[/b][/size] we beat has some way to call us classless
[/quote]
Keyword EVERYONE!

[/quote]
ya'll will be added after next week, don't worry. Ya'lls excuse will be refs or something crazy. ;)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1091393" timestamp="1319332371"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90278.msg1091342#msg1091342 date=1319330187]
[/quote]
Keyword EVERYONE!

[/quote]
ya'll will be added after next week, don't worry. Ya'lls excuse will be refs or something crazy. ;)
[/quote]

Glad Nederland didnt make that list  ;)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1091393" timestamp="1319332371"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90278.msg1091342#msg1091342 date=1319330187]
[/quote]
Keyword EVERYONE!

[/quote]
[/quote]

And what will your excuse be when you lose? 

I honestly had no idea who this post was refering to. Nor do I care. If my kids coach didn't have enough respect for the game to show a little respect to the other team, then I'm not sure I want my kids playing for someone like that. Our kids learn alot more than football from these coaches. I have no dog in this hunt, just sayin'.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!![/size][/color]

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1091402" timestamp="1319332763"]
If Vidor wins then hats off to Vidor for finally beating us. No hard feelings here. May the best team win. Just remember we haven't lost any team Vidor has beat. I really think the NDNS are finally starting to play good ball. We'll have to wait till next Friday.
[/quote]They want to throw stats out there I think we pretty much owned the teams they beat not even a close game! Sorry had to go class-less on that one!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="surfer73" post="1091508" timestamp="1319335526"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=90278.msg1091402#msg1091402 date=1319332763]
If Vidor wins then hats off to Vidor for finally beating us. No hard feelings here. May the best team win. Just remember we haven't lost any team Vidor has beat. I really think the NDNS are finally starting to play good ball. We'll have to wait till next Friday.
[/quote]They want to throw stats out there I think we pretty much owned the teams they beat not even a close game! Sorry had to go class-less on that one!
[/quote]
You know you are right. Yall pretty much did own the teams that we beat. But a win is a win and we are still ahead of yall on the records. IMO that's all that matters.

[quote name="Blackrose#2" post="1091186" timestamp="1319319588"]
It does not matter how long a player is down on the field you should respect the other team as well as the player down and put a knee down. Its common courtesy. That shows you how much class some high school football teams in southeast Texas have or don't have. Not kneeing down for a player is like not taking your hat off for the national anthem.
[/quote]

I have a hard time equating an injured player to the National Anthem.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="tvc184" post="1091511" timestamp="1319335650"]
[quote author=Blackrose#2 link=topic=90278.msg1091186#msg1091186 date=1319319588]
It does not matter how long a player is down on the field you should respect the other team as well as the player down and put a knee down. Its common courtesy. That shows you how much class some high school football teams in southeast Texas have or don't have. Not kneeing down for a player is like not taking your hat off for the national anthem.
[/quote]

I have a hard time equating an injured player to the National Anthem.
[/quote]
IMO showing respect is showing respect.

I've seen coaches coach some players during an injury from his own team and other teams.  I have no problem with this as the rest of the team is on a knee.  But someone made a good point about where this started. I do believe it doesn't matter if your on a knee or not it probably started because the other team was tired and kneeled down to rest...no player likes to see a bad injury because it puts that little bit of insecurity in your head..

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="1091578" timestamp="1319337863"]
So invictus, you think it's classless to not take a knee during an injury but think it is WRONG to have a moment of silence or pray before a game???

[size=18pt][i][b]Are you serious[/b][/i][/size]?
[/quote]
Not trying to argue with you but i'm missing where he said something about it being wrong to have a moment of silence and pray before a game?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1091579" timestamp="1319337973"]
[quote author=EX-Ceauxch link=topic=90278.msg1091578#msg1091578 date=1319337863]
So invictus, you think it's classless to not take a knee during an injury but think it is WRONG to have a moment of silence or pray before a game???

[/quote]
Not trying to argue with you but i'm missing where he said something about it being wrong to have a moment of silence and pray before a game?
[/quote]

The moment of silence thread.

[quote name="ndn mom" post="1091588" timestamp="1319338401"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90278.msg1091579#msg1091579 date=1319337973]
[quote author=EX-Ceauxch link=topic=90278.msg1091578#msg1091578 date=1319337863]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The moment of silence thread.
[/quote]

Yes. It I was looking at both threads and thought...you got to be kidding me!
Some people post on here just to get a rise out of people. Maybe invictus is doing that? Just thought it was strange!

[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="1091578" timestamp="1319337863"]

[/quote]

I have no issue with a moment of silence.  Can people here really not read?

For as long as I can remember I have always known the players to take a knee in respect when any player was down on the field. Yes, it did make PNG look pretty bad and it is sad if that is what they are being taught. You can see that the majority of the people (right or wrong) think taking a knee means showing respect and so why would you teach your players not to do this? So, you can't be surprised when people react to your actions. Your actions speak volumes! I was walking beside the injured player on the way out the gate and he went and shook the hands of some of the Indian players. They asked how he was and he told them he was ok....just lost feeling for a little bit! It's not that anybody thinks they didn't care he was down & hurt it was just that their actions looked as if they didn't and as if they were too good!

Invictus......really......taking a knee is just like a moment of silence........prayer, thankfulness, a silent thought of well wishes.....respect...all the same thing!

Some of what I am going to say has been said, but:

Where did taking a knee really come from? Probably some team being tired.

I want to specifically say this about PNG and LCM, though... They don't take a knee for their own teammates... ever. Why would it be any different for an opponent? If one of PNG's key players went down first and no one for PNG was taking a knee, would LCM have booed and been POed at PNG? No.

Taking a knee is a tradition and ritual that if you really want to look at the origin or whatever, it really doesn't mean as much as everyone is putting on it.. Even if it didn't come from someone being tired and taking a knee out of respect it was probably to pray! not sit there, let your muscles tighten up and get someone else hurt.

Classless move: Yelling and booing at teenagers when you are an adult.

i think everyone needs to look outside of the bubble here...go to other parts of the state and see if they take knees for injuries and what not...and for the png ppl...lcm acts like png was still standing on the field waiting for lcm to get him off to run another play...this shows how ridiculous ppl can be...seriously ppl...whos yall favorite college team???put a 1000 bucks on that they dont take knees lol or nfl team...it has NOTHING to do with not showing respect...the png coaching staff respects everyone they play...i know them personally...and if u hate what they do...sry...go talk about it amongst urselves....peace out ppl...
this is so STUPID!!! to judge ppl like this...this blog should be deleted!!

My son has played on teams (Football & Baseball) for coaches from outside this area (North Texas & Lousianna) and everyone of them asked where that came from. The Lousianna coach said it must be a "Texas Thing". The North Texas coach said it must be a "South Texas" thing. Kids are not instucted or taught to do that everywhere! Ask yourself where is Faircloth from? Maybe its not a ritual there! Thats why I don't think it compares to the national anthem. Our kids do it because thats what we taught them in youth sports. By the way: You are not suppose to coach your players during an injury timeout. Water only!

I know this thread has pretty much covered it all but even if it is not a nation wide, NFL or college tradition to take a knee as a sign of concern or respect durring an injury. It is in this part of the world. PNG has a LIST of traditions that add nothing to and have nothing to do with football but they are important to their fans. I played both in south Texas and Arkansas and we always took a knee. A key player might talk to the coach but that was it. It is not a time out and they have even been cracking down on college "conveinent" injuries.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• I would not say NO ONE REALLY CARES WHAT HAPPENS WITH BASEBALL.. All you have to do is go to Ford Park every weekend and look at how much money parents pour into baseball.. lol I get what you are saying.. but look at it from this point of view... WINS look good on resume correct? Would a AD do better if he has all his multi-sport kids stay in his program? Again they are usually the more athletic kid. Is his actions driving away the more athletic kids to "concentrate on one sport"? Sometimes more is not better.. Kids get burned out really quick if they believe their AD/Coach does not care about their personal athletic dreams and desires.  Like I said.. a Good AD knows how to navigate this issue. 
    • Never understood why you can't be good at all 4 major sports. If you are talented enough, and athletic enough to be a Regional Finalist football team, then you would think you would be athletic enough to at least be competitive in basketball. If you wanted to be...... And as big a baseball town as Jasper is, where did that tradition go? Where are those kids now?
    • Can't blame the AD. Texas is a Football mecca. If an AD does poorly in football, but decent in baseball, he may be looking for another job soon. If he does great in football, then no one really cares what happens with baseball, generally speaking. He's trying to keep a job and bolster his resume' for the next chance to promote his career.
    • there won't be a scheduling problem... cause AD's don't allow them to play.. its a nice double standard they like to use.
    • Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess they can do both, and if there is a schedule problem, the kid will have to decide.
  • Topics