Taking a knee....

Guest Pirate_pride_07

Is not taking a knee during an injury of the other team a classless move or not?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Is not taking a knee during an injury of the other team a classless move or not?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I saw where this was a heated subject on the LCM thread and i thought it would be a good idea to hear arguments for both sides so here you go. Argue away.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think that not taking a knee is classy? These are kids playing. Even if it's not yours. Part of the problem with people today is that they are very detatched from each other. They have no feelings for anyone but their self. How would you feel if it was your son? Come on people....

It does not matter how long a player is down on the field you should respect the other team as well as the player down and put a knee down. Its common courtesy. That shows you how much class some high school football teams in southeast Texas have or don't have. Not kneeing down for a player is like not taking your hat off for the national anthem.

Taking a Knee is something that is done in Little league, and Pop Warner to get the kids to sit still, This BS is getting blown way out proportion, the way you people make it sound is that the PNG staff and players could care less about anyone that gets hurt during the game, and I know for a fact that the kid that put the hit on the young man that was hurt knows him and has a lot of respect for him, You put the National Anthem as the same thing as taking a knee? You are a JOKE !

[quote name="invictus" post="1091198" timestamp="1319320322"]
Not taking a knee says "I don't care that someone is hurt on the field."  You may care, but you sure don't show it.  You are judged on your actions, not your words.
[/quote]Only because people like you want to get on here and stir the pot, Go ahead big dad-e, shows how much class you have.

I'm a joke really?? You have no respect for anyone at all. I'm sure your always that guy I see at games who doesn't take his hat off during the national anthem, or who is talking during the moment of silence or prayer. Yeah I bet your mom is so proud that she raised such a great gentleman. You are a DISGRACE!

[quote name="surfer73" post="1091200" timestamp="1319320472"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90278.msg1091198#msg1091198 date=1319320322]
Not taking a knee says "I don't care that someone is hurt on the field."  You may care, but you sure don't show it.  You are judged on your actions, not your words.
[/quote]Only because people like you want to get on here and stir the pot, Go ahead big dad-e, shows how much class you have.
[/quote]

First of all, I am no daddy.  Secondly, they only one stirring a pot is you.  People ARE judged by their actions, not their words.  They can care all they want, but until it is shown, it means absolutely nothing. 

[quote name="Blackrose#2" post="1091201" timestamp="1319320490"]
I'm a joke really?? You have no respect for anyone at all. I'm sure your always that guy I see at games who doesn't take his hat off during the national anthem, or who is talking during the moment of silence or prayer. Yeah I bet your mom is so proud that she raised such a great gentleman. You are a DISGRACE!
[/quote]

His mama probably is proud considering where he is coming from...

[quote name="invictus" post="1091206" timestamp="1319320782"]
[quote author=Blackrose#2 link=topic=90278.msg1091201#msg1091201 date=1319320490]
[/quote]

[/quote]Well if it was your mom-a it would be her brother!  ;D

[quote name="invictus" post="1091205" timestamp="1319320726"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=90278.msg1091200#msg1091200 date=1319320472]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90278.msg1091198#msg1091198 date=1319320322]
[/quote]

First of all, I am no daddy.  Secondly, they only one stirring a pot is you.  People ARE judged by their actions, not their words.  They can care all they want, but until it is shown, it means absolutely nothing.
[/quote]Well BIG MOM-A, Sorry !

[quote name="surfer73" post="1091208" timestamp="1319320866"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90278.msg1091206#msg1091206 date=1319320782]
[quote author=Blackrose#2 link=topic=90278.msg1091201#msg1091201 date=1319320490]
[/quote]

[/quote]Well if it was your mom-a it would be her brother!  ;D
[/quote]

That makes absolutely no sense.  How old are you, 12?

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1091175" timestamp="1319319146"]
How do you think that not taking a knee is classy? These are kids playing. Even if it's not yours. Part of the problem with people today is that they are very detatched from each other. They have no feelings for anyone but their self. How would you feel if it was your son? Come on people....
[/quote]

U nailed it. We are disconnected as a society b/c of social networking, email, txt msg, etc. If everyone else does it, then it becomes a 'unwritten rule'. It's not like anyone is asking the opposing team to bring flowers to the injured player. Just drop a knee and respect the game and others.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1091224" timestamp="1319321498"]
Someone explain to me where the taking a knee for an injured player came from? And why is that the only exceptable way for an opponet to show respect for that injured player?
[/quote]

I dont know who started it but the point of it is obvious. To continue to have the players, band, coaches and even cheerleaders go on as if nothing has happened shows a complete disregaurd for the injured player. They are supossed to be competitors not enemies. I know the golden rule does not mean a lot to some people today but it comes down to that. If a player gets hurt representing his home school he has earned some respect.

Since this a thread to bash png so more........if you ever notice that if an and gets hurt we still don't take a knee we move out of the way get water and instruction from our coach. Let the trainer do there job get the hurt off the field so they can be treated and get back. To playing football it is sick that this is a so called football board and we have to talk about manners of another team if you want to talk mannerw have a tea party let go back to playing football

[quote name="Jduncan1" post="1091236" timestamp="1319322474"]
Since this a thread to bash png so more........if you ever notice that if an and gets hurt we still don't take a knee we move out of the way get water and instruction from our coach. Let the trainer do there job get the hurt off the field so they can be treated and get back. To playing football it is sick that this is a so called football board and we have to talk about manners of another team if you want to talk mannerw have a tea party let go back to playing football
[/quote]
If this is a thread that is for bashing png then please point out where png is mentioned? Don't worry i'll wait.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Jduncan1" post="1091338" timestamp="1319330010"]
And it was about png not taking a kneee if you don't like the way we run our ship worry about your own ship and how [size=12pt][b]everyone[/b][/size] we beat has some way to call us classless
[/quote]
Keyword EVERYONE!

p.s. we don't have to worry about our ship. Just compare our records  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder