Hj's field burned?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1081915" timestamp="1318560396"]
Someones parents will claim -"It's just kids being kids."    Fact
[/quote]  It is.  What do you want to do?  Throw the book at them?  Kick them out of school?  For burning some grass?    Punish them, but let's not make this a life changer.

Guest UHCoog14
Well, lets see.

They should be punished by the school, but not expelled. Vandalism is not acceptable.

They should be punished  by law enforcement. Trespassing and arson are illegal in most counties.

It's ok to be a kid and make dumb decisions. Just be prepared  to suffer the consequences of your actions.

At high school age they're more than capable of realizing we're in a SEVERE drought, on top of being stupid and burning their own football field.

If it weren't for the drought and recent wildfire I would say just re-sod the area and give them a good in-school punishment, but come on... law enforcement needs to come down on them as well.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1081925" timestamp="1318561241"]
Well, lets see.

They should be punished by the school, but not expelled. Vandalism is not acceptable.

They should be punished  by law enforcement. Trespassing and arson are illegal in most counties.

It's ok to be a kid and make dumb decisions. Just be prepared  to suffer the consequences of your actions.
[/quote]

Good Lord man, it's freakin grass?  No problem with them having to go out there and maybe replant the grass.........or take their time away and make them guard the "grass" for a week...........but all this other is garbage.  Seriously

[quote name="paintballove" post="1081984" timestamp="1318567199"]
At high school age they're more than capable of realizing we're in a SEVERE drought, on top of being stupid and burning their own football field.

If it weren't for the drought and recent wildfire I would say just re-sod the area and give them a good in-school punishment, but come on... law enforcement needs to come down on them as well.
[/quote] :o :o Drought, On a Football field??? I have never seen green grass burn, At least they werent smoking crack, or making meth. Come on Law enforcement comming down on kids, What a fool you sound like>>>>

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Wow. I'm not even gonna reply to all of you asking about the law enforcement. If you seriously think that the law doesn't need to be involved then....wow....i don't even know what to say to that. These kids damaged school property and did it on there own field. That's just pathetic and they sound they need a wake up call. Scare em a lil and then teach em a lesson. Yes i think the law does need to get involved. Maybe the school can press charges and then drop em. I'm not saying send the kids to jail and make em suffer. I'm simply saying scare em so they never do something stupid like that again.

As part of their punishment, the grounds crew, who tirelessly works to keep the field in shape, ought to get a crack at them before anyone else does.  I agree with westend, don't make it a life changer (jail time), but punishment needs to be enforced.  People forget, someone is busting their rear end to keep the facilities in shape, regardless of whether they get paid to do so.

People need to lighten up.

Can I get a list of all the posters on this forum who were perfect from 7th grade to their senior year?

I remember lots of things we did as pranks back in the day.  I climbed on top of TJ's gym.....I got 3 licks from a paddle, while the coach was laughing.....

We drank beer during lunch in the parking lot (open campus at that time)....

I ended up just fine and a respectable citizen.......

***not claiming underage drinking is ok...its NOT......just saying kids will do stupid things......it IS part of growing up

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1082191" timestamp="1318606563"]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=89774.msg1082168#msg1082168 date=1318605398]
will the game tonight be moved to Hamshire ???
[/quote]

HF has done this to EC before, and WOW it's funny that HFAN86 just makes fun of it.
[/quote]

I dont understand how hfan made fun of it by asking if it would be moved to Hamshire? I wouldnt want to play on a field that smelt like diesel..

[quote name="True Blue" post="1082195" timestamp="1318607110"]
Wow some of you need to get a life,, Its grass that will grow back, and ITS HJ football ;D Now if someone was to paint the basketball floor , then there were you could call the law ;D ;D
[/quote]

True Blue, I normally don't agree with things that you say, especially with me being a COWBOYS fan and you a patriot fan,  but that's pretty dang funny!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder