Hj's field burned?

[quote name="hj15" post="1087878" timestamp="1319059542"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=89774.msg1087664#msg1087664 date=1319042080]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=89774.msg1087539#msg1087539 date=1319031150]
Might be interesting if *yall* start a thread admitting all the silly and immature school things *yall* did when younger. Okay, I will admit to only one thing. I'm guessing the statue of limitations has passed anyway.

In high school we had to attend an assembly with the band playing etc, etc, etc, bah-hh! ANYWAY! I just so happen to have a can of (hmmmmm?) Okay, the guy next to me had this can of pepper spray. ;D  *Edit* NEVAMIND!!!!!!
[/quote]

Pepper Spray.....you would be put UNDER the jail in todays climate....... :P
[/quote]
Dang!!  They made pepper spray way back then!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]I think it was put on the market for the first time that year. I think Fatty Arbuckle (actor) used it in one of his silent movies. My friend ordered it thru Sears & Roebuck catalog ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1088302" timestamp="1319124963"]
Blue,

Love the Fatty Arbuckle reference!!!!!  Love it!!!! ;)

Didn't you have to walk to school up hill both ways in the snow also?
[/quote] hjhawks, just glad to know someone on here knew Fatty. That will be good enough for me ;)

[quote name="GunsBaseball" post="1087587" timestamp="1319036132"]
My son plays at HJ and he has said nothing about the field being burned other than "hey dad, someone burned a HF in the middle of our field". I dont think it is that big of a deal as you all are making it out to be. HJ's football program is in a bad place right now. The older kids are so used to loosing that they have developed a "loosers mentality" if you will. During the summer, when the coaches have no control over workouts, with the exception of opening the weightroom from 7am to 7pm, but you only see a handfull of kids there and 90% are Freshmen. So now we show up un-prepared and out of shape and start our season. So now, we loose a game and its time to blame the coaches. Then you have the parents second guessing everything the coaches do and relaying this info to their children. In the mean time, the coaches wives are setting in the stands having to listen to upset parents saying hurtful things about their husbands. I think the negativity starts with the parents. Get your kid to the weight room and start some off season training. Also, weight training and conditioning does not have to stop because football started. There is nothing like running the stadium stands for a football player. The negativity that is in those stands every Friday is spreading like a cancer. I tell my son every day when he goes to school, "be positive, yes sir, no sir to every coach you come in contact with, listen to them and do your best to please them because its going to pay off".  There are too many parents in the stands griping about who's playing where (which I am very guilty of), why freshmen are on the field (there are only 2 and in my opinion 4 more that should be there starting), why we are running this play, and "he better not [b]yell at my kid[/b]". We have to get a hold of it, do our part as parents to get our kids prepared, and stop blaming someone else. And maybe, just maybe, we can shut up all these football critics with nothing better to do than get on a site like this and slander a bunch of kids.
[/quote]This is what they might be needing. Imo Get em motivated show you care. And that you want to win. Not just collect a pay check. JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder