Vidor @ Ozen Predictions???

vhs

[quote name="aries456" post="1072432" timestamp="1317620191"]
The simple fact is that this is a HIGH SCHOOL football game... Arguing like a bunch of little girls is going to do what? Absolutely nothing. All it does is make fellow fans/citizens of your respected communities shake their heads.

These are KIDS playing a game. While it is great to support them, making yourself look like fools on the internet is embarrassing. Arguing about who has the better stats, athletes, or past records is all extremely irrelevant.

Do stats and past records come into play when the teams meet on Friday? NO. You people are ridiculous. Get a hold of yourselves and stop acting like children. Everybody has a right to their own opinion, and that is fine. If someone disagrees with your prediction, who freaking cares? Have enough respect and class to accept their opinion as well.

With that being said, Go Pirates! Everybody in Vidor is rooting for you, win or lose. Best of luck to both teams.
[/quote]
Good post...but this is what it's all about...where else will you find this type of entertainment at 6:30 am? ;D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1072460" timestamp="1317641164"]
[quote author=aries456 link=topic=89144.msg1072432#msg1072432 date=1317620191]
The simple fact is that this is a HIGH SCHOOL football game... Arguing like a bunch of little girls is going to do what? Absolutely nothing. All it does is make fellow fans/citizens of your respected communities shake their heads.

These are KIDS playing a game. While it is great to support them, making yourself look like fools on the internet is embarrassing. Arguing about who has the better stats, athletes, or past records is all extremely irrelevant.

Do stats and past records come into play when the teams meet on Friday? NO. You people are ridiculous. Get a hold of yourselves and stop acting like children. Everybody has a right to their own opinion, and that is fine. If someone disagrees with your prediction, who freaking cares? Have enough respect and class to accept their opinion as well.

With that being said, Go Pirates! Everybody in Vidor is rooting for you, win or lose. Best of luck to both teams.
[/quote]
Good post...but this is what it's all about...where else will you find this type of entertainment at 6:30 am? ;D
[/quote]Like I said [b]this game will not be close they are to slow![/b]& with that said[b]GO PANTHERS[/b] FYI get it right the gm is SAT ;D

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1072474" timestamp="1317642492"]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=89144.msg1072460#msg1072460 date=1317641164]

[/quote]
[/quote]Like I said [b]this game will not be close they are to slow![/b]& with that said[b]GO PANTHERS[/b] FYI get it right the gm is SAT ;D
[/quote]

And what leads you to believe they are too slow?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1072480" timestamp="1317643231"]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=89144.msg1072474#msg1072474 date=1317642492]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=89144.msg1072460#msg1072460 date=1317641164]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Just my opinion ???

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1072480" timestamp="1317643231"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Ok...nobody wants to say it....listen...stereotypically, no other race other than African Americans(whatever...black) are suppose to be fast(I had to deal with this growing up too, but I'm brown/Hispanic...whatever)...this is of course according to some/most of our African American posters, on the "Vidor is slow" statements...Vidor being a dominant European American/Caucasian(whatever...white) school.

This is why some posters feel Vidor is "Slow"....correct me if I am wrong on my opinion....

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1072491" timestamp="1317645096"]
Of course, I have heard Vidor use the "more disciplined" team mantra which I suspect is also stereotypically driven so no one really has clean hands in the matter.
[/quote]Grad and Reye, you guys are beasts!  I'll give you both applause!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1072492" timestamp="1317645366"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=89144.msg1072491#msg1072491 date=1317645096]
Of course, I have heard Vidor use the "more disciplined" team mantra which I suspect is also stereotypically driven so no one really has clean hands in the matter.
[/quote]Welcome back Soulja  8) thought u moved  :D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1072491" timestamp="1317645096"]
Of course, I have heard Vidor use the "[b]more disciplined[/b]" team mantra which I suspect is also stereotypically driven so no one really has clean hands in the matter.
[/quote]
That's correct...that term is motivated by stereotyping....speed, discipline, athleticism...I've heard it all...let me tell you something....WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL....every race has a few of each, a few that have one or two of the attributes, and the numbers are smaller when you search for the fast, disciplined, athletic one....

but be it that we just love to talk smack....this statement will not change the mind set of many....

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1072501" timestamp="1317646364"]
Of course, I have heard Vidor use the "[b]more disciplined[/b]" team mantra which I suspect is also stereotypically driven so no one really has clean hands in the matter.
[/quote]
That's correct...that term is motivated by stereotyping....speed, discipline, athleticism...I've heard it all...let me tell you something....WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL....every race has a few of each, a few that have one or two of the attributes, and the numbers are smaller when you search for the fast, disciplined, athletic one....

but be it that we just love to talk smack....this statement will not change the mind set of many....
[/quote]You gotta love Sgt Rey ::) ::) break it down my brother 8)

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1072510" timestamp="1317647684"]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=89144.msg1072501#msg1072501 date=1317646364]
[/quote]

[/quote]You gotta love Sgt Rey ::) ::) break it down my brother 8)
[/quote]I may run for public office one day....BISD Superintendent....Dr Bruce Reyes Sr (Dr like, Dr Dre) ;D...I can count on you for a vote... AMIGO?

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1072497" timestamp="1317645757"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1072492#msg1072492 date=1317645366]
[/quote]Nah, man.  I'm here.  Just a tough year.  Both my HS and NFL team are having a hard time.  8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1072516" timestamp="1317648772"]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=89144.msg1072497#msg1072497 date=1317645757]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1072492#msg1072492 date=1317645366]
[/quote]Nah, man.  I'm here.  Just a tough year.  Both my HS and NFL team are having a hard time.  8) 8)
[/quote]Stop going for them!!!

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1072534" timestamp="1317650633"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1072516#msg1072516 date=1317648772]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=89144.msg1072497#msg1072497 date=1317645757]
[/quote]Stop going for them!!!
[/quote]Whatever!  lol

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1072485" timestamp="1317644394"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=89144.msg1072480#msg1072480 date=1317643231]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Ok...nobody wants to say it....listen...stereotypically, no other race other than African Americans(whatever...black) are suppose to be fast(I had to deal with this growing up too, but I'm brown/Hispanic...whatever)...this is of course according to some/most of our African American posters, on the "Vidor is slow" statements...Vidor being a dominant European American/Caucasian(whatever...white) school.

This is why some posters feel Vidor is "Slow"....correct me if I am wrong on my opinion....
[/quote]

That's been my point on most of my post on this thread, posters using code words for a particular race....slow = white, athletic, or fast = black. It's all a bunch of bs and when I called people out on it no one had the guts to admit it.

Why are yall making this out of race?  Truth of the matter is that Ozen truely indeed is fast.  Look at them run.  You'll see.  Speed does not win football games and a team that is not as fast stand just as much of a chance of stoping a speedy team.  There's no disrespect.  Look at my Jags.  We have speed and we have only won 1 game for the year.  Vidor is in a great position.  don't take it as an insult.  Take it in stride.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1072607" timestamp="1317656218"]
Why are yall making this out of race?  Truth of the matter is that Ozen truely indeed is fast.  Look at them run.  You'll see.  Speed does not win football games and a team that is not as fast stand just as much of a chance of stoping a speedy team.  There's no disrespect.  Look at my Jags.  We have speed and we have only won 1 game for the year.  Vidor is in a great position.  don't take it as an insult.  Take it in stride.
[/quote]
Don't take it as an insult?!? Are you serious?!? What they are saying is a RACIAL REMARK! And i will not stand for people being racial to my brother, brother's team, or my town. Plain and simple. It was your attitude that got Vidor the reputation it has. Letting little things slip every now and then. Its just football talk right? No not right. Wrong. Its racial profiling. And its is wrong. And i can't believe the mods on this board are gonna let it happen. Yall just lost a lot of respect in my eyes.

I'm gonna stay away from the race discussion and say Vidor wins this in a close game. Vidor has some team speed on defense and their secondary is very good, I'm not saying if Ozen gets loose that Vidor will run them down, just that they may have a hard time running away from Vidor's athletic defense.  I think Ozen's QB may be the difference with his play making ability if Ozen pulls it out, but I'm betting Vidor controls the line of scrimmage and that Ozen can't stop Vidors running game and plays from behind all night.  This game could be huge as far as playoffs and possible tie breakers at the end.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1072613" timestamp="1317656809"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1072607#msg1072607 date=1317656218]
[/quote]
Don't take it as an insult?!? Are you serious?!? What they are saying is a RACIAL REMARK! And i will not stand for people being racial to my brother, brother's team, or my town. Plain and simple. It was your attitude that got Vidor the reputation it has. Letting little things slip every now and then. Its just football talk right? No not right. Wrong. Its racial profiling. And its is wrong. And i can't believe the mods on this board are gonna let it happen. Yall just lost a lot of respect in my eyes.
[/quote]Whoa!  Cool out and hear me out.  Geez!  Don't throw me under the bus.  I'm just saying that by saying Ozen is fast or faster than Vidor is not a racial comment.  PAM was faster than us.  Ozen was faster than us.  Heck, Livingston was faster than us.  That wasn't racial.  I think that this thing started because the initial comment was taken out of context, causing a rebuttal, and a re-rebuttle.

I agree Soulja and it appears that so much focus has been put on race and not predictions. Everything stated has been merely opinion and everybody is entitled to that because its theirs. Don't take things too personally.

Soulja, I'll be looking for you at at least one game.

I'm PREDICTING OZEN because that's where my ties lie.

Can't wait to see the final score......

All this Race stuff ie crazy....this is 2011 not 1963 grow up people!!!!. There are two aspects of the game i am interested in seeing. I think ozen has a good interior defense....The vidor game will prove me right or wrong... and for the vidor fans that think vidor has a good secondary....this game will prove you right or wrong. This will be a great game...but thats all it is a Game not a race war or fight for civil rights just a good ole' football game played by two very good teams.Im a die hard panther Fan so of course my vote goes to ozen...it does every week. so to the other panther faithful get out of that yip yap about race we are better than that!!!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1072613" timestamp="1317656809"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1072607#msg1072607 date=1317656218]
[/quote]
[/quote]Vidor is not the only southeast texas town with some sort of reputation. Beaumont, Port Arthur, ect. get over it man!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder