Vidor @ Ozen Predictions???

vhs

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1071691" timestamp="1317558913"]
Goodness gracious, this thread have gotten wound up and in so early of the week!.  Vidor, don't dunderestimate this Ozen team.  The X factor is their running game.  They are slowly piling on the yards, which makes the passing attack that much potent. [b] Ozen will be the most athletic team you've faced. [/b] Yeoj is right.  They have great speed.  But it comes down to trench warfare.  Vidor may have the edge here but the game will come down to key turnovers in the second half.  I see Vidor putting the ball on the ground befor Ozen.  Soooo..

Vidor - 14

Ozen - 28
[/quote]Are you kidding me......Ozen is no more "athletic" than any other team Vidor has faced, is Ozen a good team....yes, are they the best team Vidor has faced so far this season...who knows, it's way to early to tell.

How do you prove that kind of statement, do you know the training or stamina, or strength of each player on the teams Vidor has played, can you prove they are more athletically gifted than the the other players?
The Pirates have played some teams with winning records and some teams that don't have winning records this season and there were athletes on all those teams....young men that do well in more than one sport.
So to state that Ozen is the most athletic team the Pirates have played so far is just an opinion...not a fact.

Fact is Vidor has played teams that are fast i.e.,Tx. High, Kirbyville has speed. Here are some more facts for ya...Vidor has the best defense as far as yards and points allowed, Vidor has better offensive numbers than Ozen...the only advantage that Ozen has is passing yards. 

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BmtOzenPanthers" post="1071798" timestamp="1317571017"]
Yall haven't played a reciever as good as nick nelson yet .
[/quote]
Doesn't Michael Shaw have 268 yards compared to Nelson's 245 yards. I think thats better. And didn't we hold him to 37 yards in the Vidor Nederland game? I think that means that yes we shut down a receiver that is BETTER than your Nelson.

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1071479" timestamp="1317514348"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89144.msg1071470#msg1071470 date=1317513698]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=89144.msg1071468#msg1071468 date=1317513621]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89144.msg1071443#msg1071443 date=1317512772]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=89144.msg1071437#msg1071437 date=1317512570]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=89144.msg1071427#msg1071427 date=1317512114]
slow  ??? ??? you people crack me up with the Vidor = slow bull crap, Ozen is not any faster on the football field than Vidor, this ain't track this is football you ain't so fast when somebody is busting you in the mouth every time you run. lol......give me a break.
[/quote]This game will not
be close ;)[b]OVER with before it starts[/b]
    OZEN-48
      vidor-2
[/quote]
You ozen fans crack me up every year with your ozen's the best and vidor's slow and all this talk. Do yall really not realize that people make fun of the way yall spell? seriously. Yall act like five year olds and spell like 2 year olds. Its actually kinda pathetic. But go ahead. Run your mouths like you did last year and look what happened last year?  ::)  8)
[/quote]YEA we were in vidor & got cheated >:( its all good your getting [b]BUTCH SLAPED THIS YEAR :P[/b]
[/quote]
And how exactly did you get cheated?
[/quote]I didnt bring last year up u did :-X It dont even matter [b]THIS GAME WILL NOT BE CLOSE YALL TO SLOW[/b]  ;D
OZEN-48
vidor-2
[/quote]Vidors about as slow as Ozen is undisciplined....

I've seen Ozen twice...vs WB  & vs LCM, U don't need to worry about Green, the offensive line is Bigger than WB's and is 10 better than when they played PAM...  This Team is for real.

As for preseason schedule...I can't believe that was even a topic...I will say Ozen was missing key personnel during the first two games.

As for vidor being slower than Ozen ... You can try and make a technical argument, therefore we can say these are ALL opinions...

Finally, the actual game...in Da' Butch...Da' Pants roll, I give the edge to Ozen because of there recent dominating performances in the trenches, has nothing to do with speed...if u can't block, u can't run or pass....the OLine is deep too!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1071806" timestamp="1317571405"]
[quote author=BmtOzenPanthers link=topic=89144.msg1071798#msg1071798 date=1317571017]
[/quote]
Doesn't Michael Shaw have 268 yards compared to Nelson's 245 yards. I think thats better. And didn't we hold him to 37 yards in the Vidor Nederland game? I think that means that yes we shut down a receiver that is BETTER than your Nelson.
[/quote]

We had our starting safety and running back splitting time at QB , so nelson didnt get a catch until the 3rd game (when green came back) and nelson is still almost about even with him .

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BmtOzenPanthers" post="1071954" timestamp="1317582129"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89144.msg1071806#msg1071806 date=1317571405]
[quote author=BmtOzenPanthers link=topic=89144.msg1071798#msg1071798 date=1317571017]
[/quote]
[/quote]

We had our starting safety and running back splitting time at QB , so nelson didnt get a catch until the 3rd game (when green came back) and nelson is still almost about even with him .
[/quote]
Excuses excuses excuses. Excuses are like armpits. We all have more than one and they all stink. He was playing those other two games wasn't he? Yes he was so there is no excuse. Now if he was injured or if he didn't touch the field then I would understand but blaming the QB for not throwing to him sounds like a personal problem.  ::)  8)

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1071700" timestamp="1317560687"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=89144.msg1071641#msg1071641 date=1317528986]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89144.msg1071620#msg1071620 date=1317526484]
VID is gonna be the the best D OZEN has seen this year so far. If VID can control the clock and sustain long drives on O (good ole smash mouth) OZEN is gonna be in trouble. I refuse to predict a score or a winner in 20-4A (exept on Rykers pickems who I just copy BOBKAT4LIFE) you never know what team is gonna show up. Think this game is more important to VID than OZEN if your lookin at the playoff pics. ;)
[/quote]
You do realize Ozen has played [b]West Brook & Port Arthur Memorial[/b]? I doubt Vidor's defense comes close to their level! But Ozen will be the best offense Vidor has seen this season. Playing Bridge City will not duplicate what Vidor will face this in this game!
[/quote]
Ill give ya PAM but WB  ???
[/quote]
When has Vidor ever beaten West Brook in their history? We use to schedule the Pirates for homecoming every other year cause we knew that Vidor sucked! Check your history, WB kicked Vidor's ass EVERY time they played! Stick to playing teams on your level cause the Bruins own that mud hole you call Vidor!

[quote name="VPirate" post="1071802" timestamp="1317571266"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1071691#msg1071691 date=1317558913]
Goodness gracious, this thread have gotten wound up and in so early of the week!.  Vidor, don't dunderestimate this Ozen team.  The X factor is their running game.  They are slowly piling on the yards, which makes the passing attack that much potent. [b] Ozen will be the most athletic team you've faced. [/b] Yeoj is right.  They have great speed.  But it comes down to trench warfare.  Vidor may have the edge here but the game will come down to key turnovers in the second half.  I see Vidor putting the ball on the ground befor Ozen.  Soooo..

Vidor - 14

Ozen - 28
[/quote]Are you kidding me......Ozen is no more "athletic" than any other team Vidor has faced, is Ozen a good team....yes, are they the best team Vidor has faced so far this season...who knows, it's way to early to tell.

How do you prove that kind of statement, do you know the training or stamina, or strength of each player on the teams Vidor has played, can you prove they are more athletically gifted than the the other players?
The Pirates have played some teams with winning records and some teams that don't have winning records this season and there were athletes on all those teams....young men that do well in more than one sport.
So to state that Ozen is the most athletic team the Pirates have played so far is just an opinion...not a fact.

Fact is Vidor has played teams that are fast i.e.,Tx. High, Kirbyville has speed. Here are some more facts for ya...[b]Vidor has the best defense as far as yards and points allowed[/b], Vidor has better offensive numbers than Ozen...the only advantage that Ozen has is passing yards.
[/quote]
Fact is since district has started Ozen has played better defense than your Pirates! They have given up 212 total yards to Central and 239 to LCM. On the other hand Vidor has given up 248 to Nederland and 289 to Lumberton. Is that factual enough for you?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Yeoj" post="1072206" timestamp="1317593775"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=89144.msg1071802#msg1071802 date=1317571266]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89144.msg1071691#msg1071691 date=1317558913]

Vidor - 14

Ozen - 28

Fact is Vidor has played teams that are fast i.e.,Tx. High, Kirbyville has speed. Here are some more facts for ya...[b]Vidor has the best defense as far as yards and points allowed[/b], Vidor has better offensive numbers than Ozen...the only advantage that Ozen has is passing yards.
[/quote]
Fact is since district has started Ozen has played better defense than your Pirates! They have given up 212 total yards to Central and 239 to LCM. On the other hand Vidor has given up 248 to Nederland and 289 to Lumberton. Is that factual enough for you?
[/quote]
Well lets look at what the teams you have stopped are averaging. Lets look at central who you stopped. Over the two games they have played in district they have averaged 141 yards per game. and lcm who averaged 246 yards per game. Now lets take a look at the averaged yards of the teams we have faced. Nederland who averaged a total of 287 in district and Lumberton who averaged 387.5 yards in there district games. Now with that being said i think the offenses we have faced beats out the offenses you have faced. There's some more facts for you  8)

Ozen is a ver fast athletic team..Vidor is a disciplined running machine..Ozen has not seen a power game at all this year...all spread teams....I think it will be very good game with the team controlling the tunover margin will get the victory...By the way both teams played a pretty good non-district schedule...Texas High will have a chance to win their district where PA will also be favorite...The comment about D1 athletes I understand....but Texas High has produced more than both schools combine...Just look at Ryan Mallet not to mention they have a state championship..Please don't bang on schools your not familar with.

[quote name="BmtOzenPanthers" post="1072289" timestamp="1317602865"]
Yall say Ozen's athletes aren't better than vidor's well answer this , what school has more athletes playing at the next level ? exactly .
[/quote]

How many wins has all that "next level" talent got yall?  Ozen has been toward the bottom of the heap for a while including last year when Vidor put the smack down on them.

[quote name="vhs" post="1072357" timestamp="1317608871"]
[quote author=BmtOzenPanthers link=topic=89144.msg1072289#msg1072289 date=1317602865]
Yall say Ozen's athletes aren't better than vidor's well answer this , what school has more athletes playing at the next level ? exactly .
[/quote]

How many wins has all that "next level" talent got yall?  Ozen has been toward the bottom of the heap for a while including last year when Vidor put the smack down on them.
[/quote]The pot calling the ket black ;D when the last time yaii been to the playoffs :-X

I have only seen Ozen once this year, against Central.  I have not seen Vidor at all this year.
Although Central runs the spread, they normally have a good running game when they run out of the I.

I don't know what type of offense Vidor runs, but, I'm pretty sure that Ozen will probably have 8 men in the box.  The ball control works if you can eat up clock and score.  Ozen has quick strike capability, and if they are able to get ahead by 1 or 2 touchdowns, that might take Vidor out of their ball control offense, and force them to pass more.

I give the edge to Ozen.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1072360" timestamp="1317609284"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=89144.msg1072357#msg1072357 date=1317608871]
[quote author=BmtOzenPanthers link=topic=89144.msg1072289#msg1072289 date=1317602865]
[/quote]

[/quote]The pot calling the ket black ;D when the last time yaii been to the playoffs :-X
[/quote]
2 years ago lmao. What about yall?

The simple fact is that this is a HIGH SCHOOL football game... Arguing like a bunch of little girls is going to do what? Absolutely nothing. All it does is make fellow fans/citizens of your respected communities shake their heads.

These are KIDS playing a game. While it is great to support them, making yourself look like fools on the internet is embarrassing. Arguing about who has the better stats, athletes, or past records is all extremely irrelevant.

Do stats and past records come into play when the teams meet on Friday? NO. You people are ridiculous. Get a hold of yourselves and stop acting like children. Everybody has a right to their own opinion, and that is fine. If someone disagrees with your prediction, who freaking cares? Have enough respect and class to accept their opinion as well.

With that being said, Go Pirates! Everybody in Vidor is rooting for you, win or lose. Best of luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba