Mid County Madness Game Thread/NEDERLAND WINS 24-21!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game. We had our chance and Ned held tough. Hats off and another great MidCounty Madness. Our defense is getting better every week , I still say we are better at this point this year than we were last year. I still feel good about our chances. Congrats Bulldogs.

Nederland has a big time defensive line. Miller was a good scrambler but with that pressure and the good coverage by defensive backs he was very much contained. Wood and Brown played well at LB position.

Glad we started using the running game the second half, the offensive line is getting better each week.

Just another classic Mid County Madness.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1070673" timestamp="1317442333"]
Man, if we can get our offense on track we could make some noise in the area.  Defense was as tough as usual, this was the type of D that I remember from the early 2000's.
[/quote]
I agree with this. Your defensive line is good. I believe they will match up well with Livingston's run. They will have a better chance than anyone else of stopping the run . It should be a good test to watch.

Guest The-NHS
Lot of PNG "faithful" leaving early (3 mins left). Looked like a bunch of ants scattering out of the stadium.

I enjoyed watching Faircloth's "new and never seen before in SETX" offense. Looks like he got a little cocky there at the end and decided he didnt want to kick a fg.

Honestly, another great, clean game by both schools. Just pokin some fun.

This Nederland defense is for real. Without them, Nederland didn't stand a chance when their offense was struggling. Finally Barrow stayed true to the run game and it paid off. That 4th and 1 stop by Nederland was the difference maker tonight. Hat on hat and beat your guy. Nederland did that and proved why they are the toughest defense in 20-4A.

Addition: Could not believe half of the PNG stands emptied with a couple minutes left. It was raining purple...

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1070698" timestamp="1317442949"]
Props to Big Ned. That stadium must have been electric tonight. I would have like to seen it.
[/quote]
Even losing I still must admit it was one of the better ones. One comment , both teams will have to clean up the penalties. It's not like either one of these teams to get flagged as much for off sides, holding , etc... Penalties helped both defenses.

Nederland 24, Port Neches-Groves 21 - Final

Nederland Overall: 4-1  District: 2-0
Port Neches-Groves Overall: 2-3  District: 0-2
Boxscore
Friday September 30, 2011 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Nederland 3 0 7 14 24
PN-G        0 7 7 7 21

Scoring summary
NED -- Cole Ogrydziak 39-yard field goal, 2:31, 1st.
PNG -- Chase Bertrand 1-yard run (Angel Valencia kick), 2:21, 2nd.
NED -- Carson Raines 1-yard run (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 4:51, 3rd.
PNG -- Chase Bertrand 15-yard run (Angel Valencia kick), 3:15, 3rd.
PNG -- Logan Chipman 7-yard pass from Travis Miller (Angel Valencia kick), :03, 4th.
NED -- Troy Benjamin 5-yard run (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 9:02, 4th.
NED -- Troy Benjamin 84-yard run (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 1:13, 4th.

Team Stats
                  Nederland          PN-G
Total yards      326              285
First downs        11              19
Rushes/Yds    35/219          34/95
Average rush    6.26              2.79
Comp/Atts      6/16/0          18/25/1
Pass yards        107            190
Comp pct          37.5            72
Punts                  5                5
Punting Yards      193            151
Punting Average  38.6            30.2
Fumbles/Lost      2/1            0/0
Penalties-yards  8-90            8-67

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1070699" timestamp="1317442959"]
Lot of PNG "faithful" leaving early (3 mins left). Looked like a bunch of ants scattering out of the stadium.

I enjoyed watching Faircloth's "new and never seen before in SETX" offense. Looks like he got a little cocky there at the end and decided he didnt want to kick a fg.

Honestly, another great, clean game by both schools. Just pokin some fun.
[/quote]
Nope not at three minutes , they were standing. Nobody sat down until a minute and a half after the fourth down stop. I think Faircloth made the right call on 4 and 1 and the wrong call on 3 and 2 the play before. We were moving the ball , when he lined up Bertrand in the wildcat everyone in the stadium knew what was coming. But when you have the chance to win and the defense holds , you give props to the defense. Good stand for the win.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1070710" timestamp="1317443150"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=89113.msg1070698#msg1070698 date=1317442949]
Props to Big Ned. That stadium must have been electric tonight. I would have like to seen it.
[/quote]
Even losing I still must admit it was one of the better ones. One comment , both teams will have to clean up the penalties. It's not like either one of these teams to get flagged as much for off sides, holding , etc... Penalties helped both defenses.
[/quote]

The only drawback to an awesome game like that is that someone has to lose. But the experience of being there makes it worth it. I love those kind of games. Good luck the rest of the year PNG.

Field Possession was huge in this game. How many times did PNG start inside the 20 yard line. Another big factor is our QB held on to the ball way too long most of the night. Nederland was the better team tonight. Also, just an observation, but if you gamble on 4th and less then a yard (Which I'm not totally against) put the QB under center and get the easy first down! If you run out of the shotgun and try to get the first, you have to run like 5 yards to get less then one yard and the O-Line was getting whipped all night. I scratched my head on several offensive play calls tonight. We didn't take advantage of Nederland's so so offensive showing as well. Oh well, Good luck to both the rest of the year.

[quote name="meat" post="1070587" timestamp="1317439137"]
The Nederland D-Line is making its case for being the best in the area.
[/quote]Good win Ned. Y'all won a big one tonight and I think you will win district. You have by far the best defensive lineman we have faced so far. Congrats and good luck with the rest of your season. :)

Guest hottestbats
Another .500 season for PNG? Faircloth for President! Boy he is sure turning things around over there. One undefeated season and he was the King. It's amazing how a coach looks when he has unbelievable talent. I've been hearing alot of the purple faithful doubting him as of late. All I can say is  Faircloth= Finesse and Soft! Way to go Dog's!

LMAO @ NDNWarrior!!!!!  Whoop and hollering on page 8 and quiet as a church mouse since...LOL!!!  Thats why I love coming to this board, always makes me laugh.  That was a good game tonight.  Probably shouldnt have been as close as it was, but its a rivalry and thats what usually happens.  PNG can bounce back.  Reminds me alot like last year.  Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and thanks for making me proud to live in the mid-county community!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1070785" timestamp="1317451280"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=89113.msg1070770#msg1070770 date=1317448672]
I'll put it like this: what has Odessa Permian done since Faircloth left? Yeah. Nuff said.
[/quote]

Permian hasn't been too good for a while.  Even when he was there.  Not like they used to anyway.
[/quote]
His last two years there they were District Champions and Area Finalist. Not too bad!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder